It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia police use coin toss to decide whether to arrest woman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

www.yahoo.com...

You just can't make this stuff up anymore. This stuff has been happening forever, but now there is proof. I think
it is high time that people in power are accountable for their actions.

Where I live, there are cougars everywhere. People have been reporting sightings to the DNR for years if not decades only to be told they are crazy.
Now with all the home cameras, cell phone and such there is physical proof. So now all of a sudden the news says there are cougars moving into our area. It's interesting how facts are distorted. I keep that in mind when hearing the news.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

One of these things is not like the other....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.yahoo.com...

Where I live, there are cougars everywhere. People have been reporting sightings to the DNR for years if not decades only to be told they are crazy.
Now with all the home cameras, cell phone and such there is physical proof. So now all of a sudden the news says there are cougars moving into our area. It's interesting how facts are distorted. I keep that in mind when hearing the news.

So...is cougar a term for something other than a large cat or a sexually aggressive older lady?Because, i'm really confused....
edit on 16/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I tossed a coin to see if I should post.

It came up tails.

ATS lost.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I sure hope you didn't suffer a stroke while making this thread. I can't tell if you want the thread to discuss the coin toss arrest or cougar sightings in your neighborhood.

Either way, here is the video of the coin toss arrest

They will have a pretty good defense. In the video they are heard stating

heads = arrest
tails = release.

The coin flip app they use comes up tails and they arrest her anyway. All the officers need to say is that it wasn't a coin flip that decided anything because if it had then they would have released the driver.
edit on 16-7-2018 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You win a cougar, do you prefer blonds or brunette?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Maybe some of you folks are young. But here is how my cougar story and the coin toss are related.

For years and years and decades and decades people have been saying cops have been doing this nonsense.
Nobody believed it for the longest time. Nobody. I have to say, there were even times I didn't believe some of the stories. Now as technology has progressed, we have cameras. All of a sudden things that seem unreal are true. Just as the camera footage is proof that there are cougars in my area there are cops doing very shady things. The truth is that they have been been real the entire time.

There are still people that don't want to believe either.

edit on 16-7-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A coin-toss app?
Would it not be easier to flip an actual coin?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Very few people carry cash or coin in the 21st century.

So it would be easier just to push a button.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Atsbhct

Maybe some of you folks are young. But here is how my cougar story and the coin toss are related.

For years and years and decades and decades people have been saying cops have been doing this nonsense.
Nobody believed it for the longest time. Nobody. I have to say, there were even times I didn't believe some of the stories. Now as technology has progressed, we have cameras. All of a sudden things that seem unreal are true. Just as the camera footage is proof that there are cougars in my area there are cops doing very shady things. The truth is that they have been been real the entire time.

There are still people that don't want to believe either.

Was that not clear in the OP?
Can't possibly see how anyone could have missed that...

On the same theme: some folks still insist on the existence of this thing called: " the internet".
Ain't never seen a pic of it tho.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Being from Georgia, and seeing the big bellied cops stop cars for practically anything (be careful if you dive through there-they hate outsiders) bet this happens many times a day. They have more cops there per person than almost any other state.
edit on 16-7-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So what, did they take her to jail? For unsafe driving for conditions? That's not an automatic loss of license in my state...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I've driven through Georgia many times and know exactly what you are saying. So many speed traps too.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

www.yahoo.com...

You just can't make this stuff up anymore. This stuff has been happening forever, but now there is proof. I think
it is high time that people in power are accountable for their actions.

The flipping of a coin by the cops to decide whether to arrest...So U.P.

So are the cougars, you must be a Yooper.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A coin-toss app?
Would it not be easier to flip an actual coin?

Pretty soon we are not going to have coins to flip. We can't be without a coin toss to decide things if that happens. I think people are going to get fatter and fatter, can't even get a coin out of your pocket anymore.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

not a Yooper, further south, the dairy state!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Being from Georgia, and seeing the big bellied cops stop cars for practically anything (be careful if you dive through there-they hate outsiders) bet this happens many times a day. They have more cops there per person than almost any other state.

You bet they will pull a person over for breaking the law. Outsider or local.
Most of the police officers I know (those 2 words) go through physical training at a gym. I probably would refrain from calling them "big bellied"
Sounds like you may be one of the unlucky ones that got a "tails" in Cobb County. That's ok. The crime rate in Cobb County has dropped .
The police count keeps the baddies down. That's what they do. Georgia is one of the few States where you can have a much better chance of living your life in peace
Dont try and change that .
Try to make us like Illinois ?
No thanks.
The lady was driving recklessly on wet pavement , endangering her life and everyone around
What part of that do folks not get ?

My problem with it all ?
Why the HADES did they leave it up to luck ????
Arrest the crap outta her.
That right there is probably the ONLY reason the officers were suspended

edit on 7/16/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How lame shows what idle unworking hands do,nothing going on?,make some lame item a person judges,disregard the fact they are the 1st ones you call in emergency,or that a liberal being arrested was arrested unjustly,the crime was meant to be enforced on conservatives

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The only question I have is did the lady do something wrong.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

She was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join