It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite age or time period in your life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Perception is all I guess about our lives at any given time, but love from friends, if you have that, then maybe all times of our life become beautiful.

yes i think so too, people sometimes say that i want to live too much very fast and that it will make life sad later on but i think if you keep living the best you can every moment and sorrounded by great friends there will never be enough time to be sad or lose the magic in life, no matter what or when

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

The moment now is always the important one, dreaming of times past is futile, and I'm just as guilty of doing it.
Heck I've debunked my own thread realising that the moment now and the future is the important thing.
Having loved trusted friends make the moment for me now, and probably always have.
...I even started a new thread in general chat about loved friends tonight, my realisation at the gathering last night that life is beautiful with friends, even with the other current issues life has thrown at me, inspired it.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The moment now is always the important one, dreaming of times past is futile, and I'm just as guilty of doing it.

My grandmother had a saying that I think is applicable here, and one I've tried to always take to heart. She would say, "look at the past fondly, but don't stare." Grandma lived in the present, but with an eye toward the future, and she was always putting up preserves, or canning things, or drying them.

Life is like that, I think -it's seasonal in a sense, and we should preserve that which we have in abundance against a time where it is not. That applies to more than just mangoes.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Ooh, I'm gonna steal your Grandma's line and use that!
She sounds like she was a wise woman, and I like the way you have expanded on her saying.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I believe the greatest time in my life, was in the 90’s right after West and east Germany being a teenager living in Germany reunified. As a yank, it was interesting. Everything felt very sublime. It was a very special time, a differant world so to say than this one. It provided me with an education my money could not buy. Things like that, in my life are the things I like most. Most things I experience now in life I am pretty jaded towards or blaze’ with. Success wise I suppose this time of my life successful I would say this is the best period but best age was my teenage portion of my life.
edit on 21-7-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent
I watched that on TV so it wasn't 'real' for me, but I can imagine your perspective.
Thanks for sharing

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join