It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police release bodycam footage of 37 yr old Harith Augustus being fatally shot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If you carry a weapon the responsibility goes with it. He should have complied with the officers demands.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I never assume it is easy, an LEO or police officer in UK (to which I have family who have served and currently serving), if my words were flippant and lacking in substance that is the fault of my education not my love and respect for people who protect others on a daily basis.

I can understand where you say he made his own choice but I disagree slightly, his choice was to be a criminal (I dont respect his choice myself), criminals should be punished befitting the crime, being shot at first makes it hard for me to justify, as we then move into hypothetical, what if he did this, what if he did that

I never want to be judged on what if he did this next attitude, judge me on what actions I have done nothing more

Maybe in this case he has a rap sheet as long and disgusting as a seriuos criminal, we cant let emotion decide the severity of his punishment.

I would not want that for you or I, therefore in a civilised society I have to offer the same (thru gritted teeth) to the criminals of this world, 12 men and women and one judge

Sweet lord, did you even actually say anything?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
NEXT!!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Folks lives play out from the choices they make.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

If someone is not guilty of anything, there's no reason for anyone to refuse answering questions, resist a body search, or run from the police. This guy was guilty of all three.

I disagree with part of that. If someone is not guilty they should not have to be body searched.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

What are my thoughts on this? Do I think the Cops acted criminally?

My take on this is that while there may be some justification for the shooting after the encounter went south, I doubt that, but its possible, the cops may not have acted criminally, but they behaved unbelievably stupidly in having ever engaged this guy in the first place! What did he do wrong? If I remember correcty, a Cop came out of a store and observed this victim, a Barber, hand someone a cigarette at which point she confronts the guy and says its illegal to sell individual cigarettes.

Really? This cops got nothing better than do than worry about individual sales of cigs?

That 's just utterly ridiculous and it wreaks of intentional harassment of someone, for whatever reason. And yea, probably because he's black! And that aggravates me to no end for the plain and simple reason that I've been harassed and intimidated by TSA simply because I'm an older white guy and they're all POC and see their positions as an opportunity to pay it back the bad treatment they've gotten from white cops!

Soooooo... LOE are not only responsible for dealing with the mentally I'll people in our society... their also supposed to be some kind of secondary legislative branch of government and decide on their own which laws to follow and which ones are ridiculous and shouldn't be followed.... what if they decide that the laws they think are ridiculous and shouldn't be followed are the ones you happen to agree with? Do you really want to give them this power to decide for them selves what laws they can ignore and which ones they should follow? ... I'm thinking there would be more dead people if we allowed that not less.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

originally posted by: WeRpeons

If someone is not guilty of anything, there's no reason for anyone to refuse answering questions, resist a body search, or run from the police. This guy was guilty of all three.

I disagree with part of that. If someone is not guilty they should not have to be body searched.

To ensure public safety they should be able to do this...kind of like going to a night club..you get patted down before you get let in, which is standard practice and again ensures public safety.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

There would be more dead people, just not at the hands of the cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join