It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacha Baron Cohen Dupes Congressmen in Fake Guns for Kids Scheme

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

There are already laws for this.

I'm not talking about what laws there are. I'm asking you what age do you think we should arm kids? What's the cutoff?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

maybe, just maybe dont get pregnant?

Or maybe.. just maybe.... you can start another thread on abortions (with the million or so others) and stop deflecting from the OP?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Should we arm fertilized eggs Vasa? Maybe that will prevent their mothers from aborting them right?

Debates are great.

Debates can only be had with realistic boundaries.

Like I said before. What are the stats for unborn children being killed versus school shootings.

I'll even let you take out those that involve rape and you can just use those that are over 24 weeks if you want.

In general we kill over 600,000 babies per year to abortion just in the US.

Imagine how many REAL killers we made sure would never kill.

But yeah...the few killed in school shootings are just awful right?

I do wonder what it teaches a person when they can go have sex, get pregnant, wait a few months, kill their baby then go get some ice cream and emotional support....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

RRRRRrrrespect!!, love it when A politician is made to look foolish, on any side of the spectrum, left, right, middle or extreme, I cant state how crazy the US ideas for protection always revolve around more guns, The UK made the change in the mid 1990s to banning fireamrs and speaking for myself I have not missed having access to handguns, each to their own.

Reply to Vasa Croe

Without trying to mention stereotypes someone who likes guns and is against abortion, could be religiuos and is allowing it and emotion to be clouded, I know I have been accused of letting my emotions cloud my judgement on gun ownership

It would seem we all have something which "grinds our gears"

A quick search finds that reported abortions for 2014 were 653,000 it would seem that number is coming down each year which I agree is a good thing (over 1million in the 1980 - 1997 year on year). In 2013 it looks like 34,000 people killed by firearms in US.

I think we both are coming from the same point there are to many humans dying without a choice. Abortion is legal in my country and the woman and man still have a choice, with that will come hopefully much contemplation, guilt and regret, if the people are decent, prior to the decision they make.

In the US guns are legal and bullets dont contemplate who they kill and have no regret, if the choice is made by the person pointing the gun.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

maybe, just maybe dont get pregnant?

Or maybe.. just maybe.... you can start another thread on abortions (with the million or so others) and stop deflecting from the OP?

Not deflecting at all.

Let me know when someone arms children! Outside of that SBC is just making fun of what you apparently consider a real issue.

If you think those of us on the guns rights side want to arm kindergartners then you deserve to enjoy the fruits of that belief!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What really happened...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Advice for triggered conservatives; you'll only make it worse if you try to damage control like Palin. Just take it with a laugh and admit that there are lawmakers on both sides who are either lunatics, or just willing to say or do anything a lobbyist can convince them will help their careers. I guess Cohen's still got it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: Southern Guardian

RRRRRrrrespect!!, love it when A politician is made to look foolish, on any side of the spectrum, left, right, middle or extreme, I cant state how crazy the US ideas for protection always revolve around more guns, The UK made the change in the mid 1990s to banning fireamrs and speaking for myself I have not missed having access to handguns, each to their own.

Reply to Vasa Croe

Without trying to mention stereotypes someone who likes guns and is against abortion, could be religiuos and is allowing it and emotion to be clouded, I know I have been accused of letting my emotions cloud my judgement on gun ownership

It would seem we all have something which "grinds our gears"

A quick search finds that reported abortions for 2014 were 653,000 it would seem that number is coming down each year which I agree is a good thing (over 1million in the 1980 - 1997 year on year). In 2013 it looks like 34,000 people killed by firearms in US.

I think we both are coming from the same point there are to many humans dying without a choice. Abortion is legal in my country and the woman and man still have a choice, with that will come hopefully much contemplation, guilt and regret, if the people are decent, prior to the decision they make.

In the US guns are legal and bullets dont contemplate who they kill and have no regret, if the choice is made by the person pointing the gun.

You quoted a figure of all gun deaths. You have to get more finite with this crowd. It is only the 200 or so school shooting deaths and 1900 or so children separated for illegal border crossing they want to be upset about.

Funny thing is....there are MUCH bigger problems in the world. Hunger has killed more than any war worldwide....ever.

Even more funny is all these "help the people" people....only seem to use US figures. Just shows how small minded and not really universal their train of thought is.

If you care about humans and humanity....you do so on a global scale....kinda why Al Gore invented internet....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
Advice for triggered conservatives; you'll only make it worse if you try to damage control like Palin. Just take it with a laugh and admit that there are lawmakers on both sides who are either lunatics, or just willing to say or do anything a lobbyist can convince them will help their careers. I guess Cohen's still got it.

Agreed...idiot's on both sides.

Funny thing about this is it's a movie....that likely not many will care about. SBC is old and just trying to become viable again by being ultra left wing.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Do you support arming kids in schools like these congressman? With the appropriate training of course.

Nah...just killing them before they can be born and become the killers we know they will.

Love the debates thiugh.

I wonder how many more children die every year from abortion than school shootings....

But yeah....let's get a conscience now.

Anywho...if SBC is y'alls new Michael Moore then have at it!

Please. God aborted babies in the Old Testament. And no where in the New Testament did Jesus ever mention abortion.
God still performs abortions today... they’re called miscarriages.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

SBC is old and just trying to become viable again by being ultra left wing.

Well, to be fair he did play an over the top ultra-left wing character and the Trump supporters handled his idiocy quite well.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

There are already laws for this.

I'm not talking about what laws there are. I'm asking you what age do you think we should arm kids? What's the cutoff?

I'm not up for arming any kids in schools. I support arming some teachers who voluntarily want to go through training. They should remain unidentified so no students or potential threats know who they are.

When a child is old enough to be taught about guns is a whole other subject. There are programs for very young children to teach them basic safety and what to do if they come across a gun, removing the taboo and the urge to play with it. This same approach is used with sexual education, and the left insists it works better than just telling your kids "don't do it", and they're right. The same principle applies with guns.

How old is old enough to shoot one very much depends on the child. I don't think any young kids should be allowed to handle or shoot unsupervised. How old is old enough to own your own I'd put at 16. If you're old enough to drive a car you're old enough to handle a gun, both with the proper training. Both are potentially lethal if you misuse it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Do you support arming kids in schools like these congressman? With the appropriate training of course.

Nah...just killing them before they can be born and become the killers we know they will.

Love the debates thiugh.

I wonder how many more children die every year from abortion than school shootings....

But yeah....let's get a conscience now.

Anywho...if SBC is y'alls new Michael Moore then have at it!

Please. God aborted babies in the Old Testament. And no where in the New Testament did Jesus ever mention abortion.
God still performs abortions today... they’re called miscarriages.

LOL!

God also killed millions. Do you use it for the LGBT stuff as well?

Enjoy your hypocrisy.

Oh...and the bible is a book written by people about stories handed down for centuries.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'm not up for arming any kids in schools.

I did like the tagline of 'the only way to stop a Bad Guy with a gun is a Good Kid with a gun'.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: face23785
I'm not up for arming any kids in schools.

I did like the tagline of 'the only way to stop a Bad Guy with a gun is a Good Kid with a gun'.

Yes....I am getting shirts made...LOL!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

“Eyes, ears, and belly, and nose. Head, shoulders, not the toes, not the toes!” - Phillip Van CLeave

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

“Eyes, ears, and belly, and nose. Head, shoulders, not the toes, not the toes!” - Phillip Van CLeave

I'm in.....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Genius.

All you have to do is act like you’re one of these right wing idiots and they’ll go along with anything you say.

Can’t wait to see the rest. These people need to be put on full blast.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Genius.

All you have to do is act like you’re one of these right wing idiots and they’ll go along with anything you say.

Can’t wait to see the rest. These people need to be put on full blast.

Please put on full blast.

When all you can do is dupe people and not have a discussion it is definitely brilliant. I mean just look at how many thought Hillary was going to win....talk about duped, and by their own people.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join