It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacha Baron Cohen Dupes Congressmen in Fake Guns for Kids Scheme

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This has made the rounds lately through media and it's going viral:

Current and former U.S. lawmakers fell for a prank in Sacha Baron Cohen's new comedy show, backing a program that purportedly teaches kindergarteners how to defend themselves with guns during school shootings, Reuters reported.

Baron Cohen posed as an Israeli anti-terror expert for the first episode of "Who Is America?," touting a "Kinderguardians" scheme that featured weapons adorned with soft toys for children as young as three.

Reps. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., and Joe Wilson, R-S.C., enthusiastically backed the idea, as did gun rights advocates, former Senate Republican leader Trent Lott and congressman-turned talk radio host Joe Walsh.

Source

Who can be the most extreme on the right? That's the name of the game for conservatives these days. It's a race to the top and logic seems to only get in the way. I wasn't actually amused at the fact that Sacha decided to play a disabled vet to prank Palin (as much as I dislike the woman), that was in poor taste... but putting that aside, Christ.... getting these congressman, representatives, people in positions of power, to admit to arming kids? And so easily? That's eye opening. It just goes to show how politically out of whack we've gone.

There's more to come. Stay tuned.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This should be good.
Maybe some "common sense" will come of it- with yesterdays talk of 'assault revolvers' I think it's high time schools have some mandatory 'introduction to firearms' class, where we can at least teach people which end to hold should it ever come to it.
We've probably got more firearms than people in this country- it's astonishing that we let people into society not knowing the first thing about them.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Funny how the people who supposedly abhor "gun violence" think it's a joke that firearms education saves lives and the biggest firearms education organizations in the US like the NRA and NSSF are constantly attacked by anti-gun extremists as "terrorist" organizations.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Do you support arming kids in schools like these congressman? With the appropriate training of course.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Do you support arming kids in schools like these congressman? With the appropriate training of course.

I do not support arming 3 year olds.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

What's the cut off age for arming kids face?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Nah...just killing them before they can be born and become the killers we know they will.

Love the debates thiugh.

I wonder how many more children die every year from abortion than school shootings....

But yeah....let's get a conscience now.

Anywho...if SBC is y'alls new Michael Moore then have at it!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Nah...just killing them before they can be born and become the killers we know they will.

Love the debates thiugh.

I wonder how many more children die every year from abortion than school shootings....

But yeah....let's get a conscience now.

Anywho...if SBC is y'alls new Michael Moore then have at it!

Maybe I should have said how many "would be" children die every year compared to school shootings because they apparently are not really children.....just some giant lump of DNA residing in a host.

Probably makes it easier to kill them when you just think of it as a parasite right?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I said it before, I want the Puppy Pistol.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
wow...not sure how he got away with making a video like this but it was kind of funny tbh.

I am sure the people who were interviewed and fell for this gag sure hate this guy now

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I said it before, I want the Puppy Pistol.

I am personally a fan of the "uzicorn"....instead of farting rainbows it spits LEAD!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Erran Morrad character is friggin awesome.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Why not discuss the topic at hand. Elected conservative representatives were so blinded by their desire to push the ''gun in every hand'' issue that they were duped into endorsing a cockamaney scheme dreamed up by a second rate comic just to expose how stupid they really are.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 16 Jul 2018 11:58:43 -0500Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:58:43 -050018072018-07-16T11:58:43-05:001100000058 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And then once they're born they're society's problem? Killing no longer a concern?

I love debates as well.

Should we arm fertilized eggs?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Why not discuss the topic at hand. Elected conservative representatives were so blinded by their desire to push the ''gun in every hand'' issue that they were duped into endorsing a cockamaney scheme dreamed up by a second rate comic just to expose how stupid they really are.

Simple...its a movie made by someone in disguise who has an agenda and the ability to show whatever they want when the tape gets cut and processed. It is also someone trying to make light of a subject many would say should never be taken lightly.

But hey....let's find some biased humor in the death of children.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

And then once they're born they're society's problem? Killing no longer a concern?

I love debates as well.

Should we arm fertilized eggs?

Perfect...next left campaign slogan...a picture of a baby with the words "kill them all before they kill you".

I propose Waters and Pelosi push this hard.

But seriously....maybe, just maybe dont get pregnant? Call me crazy but that typically takes a minute. Same kinda thing I think of with criminals....do do something stupid, but if you do then be adult enough to accept the consequences.
edit on 7/16/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What's the cut off age for arming kids face?

There are already laws for this.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Are you talking about Project Veritas?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Since the leak in the OP didn't work, I googled the story myself. It sounds more like they were presented with prepared remarks containing a false story about a kid in Israel defending himself with a gun and said they approved of it. What was he supposed to say? "Nah, that kid should've been killed."?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Should we arm fertilized eggs Vasa? Maybe that will prevent their mothers from aborting them right?

Debates are great.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join