It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Knows How to Rock! Post your music videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

I still like that song 'lovers in a dangerous time' and yes the blues guitar is pretty good and I like Neil Diamond's voice, so I don't mind Stephane Venne's voice either.

I took the title of this thread meaning to rock on as in 'groovin' to the music' not necessarily being restricted to just rock music.

C'mon sing along now.

edit on 17CDT10America/Chicago005101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 17CDT10America/Chicago044101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You can't talk Canadian rock without mentioning Colin James:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Random picks from new artists (except Carole Pope, or is she new again?):

cmw.net...

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes, I sure did. Very engaging performer. I liked it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yes, you took the title correctly. Canada has so many non-rock groovy bands and artists! I'm learning about some of them here for the first time, thanks to all you wonderful people.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Colin James, a great, great guitarist. My dad was involved administratively with a particular festival here. One year, James was to be the main act but he gave everyone such a hard time with all of his basically unreasonable demands that my dad almost cancelled him. I begged him not to because I so wanted to see him. His demands were ultimately met and the show went on. It was phenomenal!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Carole Pope...that's a new one for me but I like what I just heard. Her bio is...colourful, to say the least (as in the colours of the rainbow)! She grew up in Scarborough, ON! Cool, I lived there in the late 80s and early 90s...maybe we were neighbours....

Alone I Walk is also a new one for me. I thought they sounded very good in the video you posted. It looks like there's a bio on them on Facebook but I don't have an account. You have to login to read up. The little bit I can see there says it originally started with just one guy, I think. Alone I Walk ~ Facebook

Dani Robert...wow, what a sweet, angelic voice! My daughters would love her...probably already know about her. They are singers of this genre.

I will be browsing CMW website for sure, thanks! Bookmarked....

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

BEEBER?!!

Thanks for participating!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My two favorite Canadian bands have already been posted but I will post a fav tune by each of them.
Love the lyrics to this Steppenwolf tune.

A fav by Rush ( my favourite drummer is Neil Peart) I love the lyrics in this song and I especially like the video with bubba from trailer park boys in it.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Here’s another great Canadian band. Crash Test Dummies . My favourite tune by them...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Actually surprised no-one brought these dudes up.

Also took all willpower to resist doing an obligatory Avril Lavigne post.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My son's favorite band:

He's seen them live. I heard Ben before they made it big. He was a late night announcer on The Edge(radio station) 20 years ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Trooper made it pretty big...

I couldn't stand the pricks after my girlfriend left a concert in '77 with the bass player. I then dated her little sister who was much cuter.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If the dude stopped screaming,
i would probably really like them

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Some west coast rock:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Some east coast rock:

new topics