It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegoria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
How could anybody imagine that "God" had really walked in the Garden of Eden?
What possible relevance to Christians were the lengthy instructions for the construction of a tabernacle in the Sinai wilderness?
Was a Christian to take literally Christ's instruction that his disciples should never wear shoes.
What could we make of the highly dubious story of Abraham selling his wife to Pharaoh?
I could go on but you get the idea - just saying!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I always get the feeling you don't want an answer, you are just justifying your anti Christian rhetoric
I could go on as well
But it would be pointless

As for Abraham, it was a dog cowardly act to give up his wife, he didn't sell her. Where do you get that from
The funny thing is, it's not a good story about Abraham, it's not hidden, it's not glossed over and it deserves to be questioned
It's in your face, it's a reality and it tells the reader something important about Abraham.
What do you think it is,mwhat does it tell you about Abraham
I don't doubt you will answer the question with the most obvious answer and still won't understand it

What's this crap about not wearing shoes, who told you that, where are you finding this nonsense, what are your references
edit on 16-7-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I always get the feeling you don't want an answer, you are just justifying your anti Christian rhetoric
I could go on as well
But it would be pointless

As for Abraham, it was a dog cowardly act to give up his wife, he didn't sell her. Where do you get that from
The funny thing is, it's not a good story about Abraham, it's not hidden, it's not glossed over and it deserves to be questioned
It's in your face, it's a reality and it tells the reader something important about Abraham.
What do you think it is,mwhat does it tell you about Abraham
I don't doubt you will answer the question with the most obvious answer and still won't understand it

What's this crap about not wearing shoes, who told you that, where are you finding this nonsense, what are your references

please don't tell me that your one of those Christians that believe that Jesus is coming back to save you?
You see if I had it my way I would revert back to beliefs such as this
www.youtube.com...
Unfortunately, though I'm not allowed to impinge my beliefs upon others. My references are quite a substantial religious and occult reference library
edit on 16-7-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I find it odd that the Old Testament was divinely inspired but for some reason an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and badass God just says uh oh, changed my mind. Never mind.....

That sounds like politics; not religion...

I suppose....the devil is in the details!!
edit on 16-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ja reply to: DpatC

So I asked some pretty definitive questions and that's your answer
Plagiarism part of your repertoire as well, steal from someone else's work and make others think it's yours
Just asking

If you are going to steal someone's work at least check its reliability first, that's just extra silly when you can't substantiate what you claim is your own work
Just wondering

Impinging your beliefs, that's your whole stolen op, but it's all impinging stolen beliefs isn't it dpat, just asking

If I had my way, you would answer honestly, 😬
Unless you are the author but that doesn't seem likely

Just saying
edit on 16-7-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Okay lets see what you know, a child of horus named Origen wrote roughly 2,000 treatises in multiple branches of theology,My bet is that you haven't even read one. Correct me if im wrong!

Here's a link to the wikipedia page on this very influential Theologian

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you know I bought a washing machine the other day and after it's debut wash I could'nt stop singing this song

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-7-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Was that the answer, I am confused

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Was that the answer, I am confused

Don't worry as an eminent scholar once said it's best to stay in confusion if only for the expression it leaves on one's face. Origen, Highly recomended reading, you should check him out!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Is that the answer to my question

I get Jehovah witnesses knocking on my door and they won't answer my direct questions, just jump around from here to there, never a straight answer

We can progress after my question is addressed

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Is that the answer to my question

I get Jehovah witnesses knocking on my door and they won't answer my direct questions, just jump around from here to there, never a straight answer

We can progress after my question is addressed

If you are not fimiliar with the work of one of the greatest of theological thinkers in Christianity than No Sir we cannot progress May i suggest you take the time to undertake one of the courses offered by Harvards divinity schiool.
hds.harvard.edu... The courses are free through EDX. Upon compleation than maybe than can we move forward.
In the meantime I love this song by the Pecker Dunne, kind of sums up everything

music.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

From the outset I stated an answer wouldn't be offered
Big surprise ....

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

From the outset I stated an answer wouldn't be offered
Big surprise ....

Seriously do one of the courses offered by HDS, familiarize yourself with the works of Origen and the like and than,maybe than will I answer your so called questions.
You are receiving a answer to your questions but your not listening
It's a song in Irish Gaelic, translate it at your pleasure
music.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

"I always get the feeling you don't want an answer, you are just justifying your anti Christian rhetoric"

Something many Christians, at least visible online, don't seem to get is that you're right: it's the very nature of a blind and Satanic world system to cast doubt and refute. A man at war with God, deep down inside, the truth be known, is going to express that restless conscience against God. But what is not always realized is that it's futile to dispute with the world in some ways. Most people hear what they want to hear, believe what they want to believe, regardless the truth or reality. They don't understand the things of God, the Spirit required to discern, to understand, as you point out the barefoot thing, they have no reference against ridiculous, false information, when they don't understand the truth of scripture, nor will they spend the years to learn scripture, which, again, can even only be learned by spiritual understanding. They cannot possibly understand the Bible, in other words, and only God can fix this. You can't debate somebody into salvation. Those are not God's terms of repentance and faith. God must gift a person with eyes that see, ears that hear, the Holy Spirit. Until then, the only issue is to repent before God, believe and be saved, coming to Christ in faith, or not, and to argue theology with an unbeliever is like arguing over a painting with a blind man. Matthew 7:6, 1 Timothy 6:3-5.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That's it, your capacity to explain yourself
You can't, you don't have the knowledge, you ask questions and then act like you know everything

Just answer the question

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing
Yes I agree
Just think ignorance needs to be exposed so other people don't follow the path set

Your words are very timely Scrutiniser

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

That's it, your capacity to explain yourself
You can't, you don't have the knowledge, you ask questions and then act like you know everything

Just answer the question

Allegoria: the literary form that describes one thing under the guise of another.
Did you know Origen started his curriculum by" teaching his students classical Socratic reasoning.[63] After they had mastered this, he taught them cosmology and natural history.[63] Finally, once they had mastered all of these subjects, he taught them theology, which was the highest of all philosophies, the accumulation of everything they had learning previously"
By using the above you could In many ways you could make the case for Fallen Angels . What exactly did Azazeal /Lucifer / Sameal do wrong? for the moment I'll shut up on that as thats a compleatly different thread
Following that may I suggest you read up on St Anselm. On december 21st 2014 his ontology was acknowledged by the heavens when a man stood on a ley line that runs through the ruins of Hastings Castle East Sussex in order to receive a blessing from the Solstice.
I have never claimed to know everything I don't but I read alot.
My advice enroll in one of the free Harvard Divinity |Courses run through EDX.ORg . I think there you will find all the answers you need
edit on 27-7-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What's with not wearing shoes stuff you said, where is that
You want to know the reasoning about Abraham, I explained it
You havnt a clue about what you are talking about and then carry on about stuff I didn't ask about, why?

I am not interested in your assumptions and drivel
I don't care about Origen or Horus, that's irrelevant and you trying to avoid what I asked you about

I could go on but, well you get the idea

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The bible is allegorical it reads differently to different people. An exsample of this can be seen from the following website - www.mostholyplace.com...
Please refrain yourself some further embarrassment, genius has it's limits Stupidity doesnt

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You said Christians can't wear shoes
Stupidity is asking you clearly if that's allegorical or Your statement in the op
Where did you get statement from, the book that you plagerised?

You havnt a clue have you, you just read something, copy and pasted it, pretended it was your own work and then when questioned, just flat out lied

Go big boy
Winner winner, and you think I am stupid

Gold, pure golf

top topics

join