It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK 6th Generation Fighter Named - Tempest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They would probably rather pay for a new jet than another royal wedding.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Jobs. Industry. Spin-off technology. Prestige. And, if push comes to shove you are able to defend yourself.

Anyhoo, back to topic, eh?

I just posted in another thread that a couple of weeks ago (cannot find where I read it), Airbus was back-peddling on their original intent to isolate the UK out of the recently announced Franco-German future fighter programme. Perhaps they hoped the UK would accept being a secondary contractor and a good cash cow.

This is good stuff. I am please the UK wants to maintain a sovereign capability in this field. The Defence Journal has a good article on this announcement...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They would probably rather pay for a new jet than another royal wedding.

Haha!!

Agreed.

Total joke that we had to pay for that.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why does every country seem to be working on a stealth aircraft for their immediate future?

Maybe because it's a Family Operation?

All I ever hear is that the Russians new missile system will shoot em down.

Maybe because they can?

I guess not everyone believes the anti stealth propaganda.

I guess not.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The new Russian systems will shoot down any non stealth aircraft well before they're in effective weapons range against them. Stealth aircraft will also be semi vulnerable to them, but at reduced ranges.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Reply to OtherSideOfTheCoin

You didn't the royal family picked up the tab, you just benefited from the taxes that it raised...

metro.co.uk...[e ditby]edit on 16-7-2018 by solidshot because: (no reason given)

(post by KarmasBiatch removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yeah interesting comments from Airbus today, following the UK being omitted from the German/French project Airbus have not been included in the initial partnership. Great news for Leonardo though!

Apparently "Airbus welcomes the UK's commitment of funding for the future fighter project. We look forward to continuing collaborative discussions with all relevant European players".

Hmmm we'll see about that! :-)

Back off to IKEA now.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Which systems are these? (Haven't been following too carefully.)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KarmasBiatch

I'm getting the opinion that you only reply to Men? If i banged my meat and roared like a lion, would you reply to my last post?

I don't know who is male, female or somewhere in-between to me you are just a bunch of words on a screen.

If those words are of interest to me or something that I feel I can discuss or add to in someway then I will respond to them otherwise I am afraid they may just languish about in the depth of cyberspace never to read or thought about again. So the reason I have probably not responded to you is because I don't really think that what you said in your previous post is actually worth me responding to it.

Indeed the only reason I have bothered responding to this comment is to make it very clear to you that I don't see your gender when I read your posts and to refute that allegation that I only respond to men.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: solidshot

The current one is the S400. The S500 is in testing and will be as bad. Despite the video out of Syria, the Pantsir is a nasty little shorter range system.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

It's all cool.. I just had to vent.
edit on 16-7-2018 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2018 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here's another link regarding the new jet, comes with a video of the defence secretary unveiling the new concept. I don't know why but I don't like the new defence secretary.

In the video he says we are entering a new era of warfare. I'm a little lost at this as all we've been doing recently is bombing mud huts to which our aircraft haven't really seen much of a threat by anything. Even with Russia yes we are constantly reminded how typhoons intercept the Russian bombers but that happens all the time. my conspiracy mind tells me something is happening but my logical mind is telling me what he means is the change in technology for aircraft and what technology our adversaries may have

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
NHS is on its knees.

Government decide to buy more toys to kill people with.

Something isn’t right here.....

Certainly a strange one............. Where's all the dosh coming for it too? They keep telling us we as a nation are broke?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: stratsys-sws

I don't think we are about to be invaded....

Is it a coincidence that countries able to defend themselves don't think they will be invaded and countries that can't worry they will be and oftentimes are?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Back on topic, can't wait to see what it looks like.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Interesting how news organisations copy each other. The Guardian is erroneously (like several news companies) stating that the consortium includes a company called Lombardo. Surely they mean the Italian defence company Leonardo!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Very fast comment, I need to be doing something else.

That looks a lot like the MD/BAe entry to the JAST/JSF program. There are differences. There are two engines instead of one. The wing from the angle shown is not certain to be the same as the MD/BAe entry, but I'd not be surprised.
edit on 16-7-2018 by anzha because: added pic

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I also need to be doing something else. Sleeping.

But here's some more information and images. It's delta wing.

What makes it 6th generation over improved 5th generation? Seems to be an extension of many existing 5th generation features like better all-aspect stealth. The main differentiation seems to be "scalable autonomy" and maybe the "flexible payload configuration" (they look like drones inside the weapons bay). Variable cycle engine?
edit on 16/7/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: stratsys-sws

Am just saying the billions that they are going to be spend on this could be put to better use.

In my humble opinion it would suit us better to invest this cash in our collapsing public services.

Trident renewal, new aircraft carriers and now this.....

How about we build some new hospitals, prisons, schools then start looking to build weapons of war.

The research into aerospace and naval ship design also goes into rescue helicopters and ships; advanced aerofoil design, advanced propeller design, more energy efficient designs. Any ship can be re purposed for emergency aid relief, rescue missions.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join