It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me get this straight: if I want amnesty, all I have to do is claim asylum?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Zelun
Plus children need a sense of order, of discipline, of the satisfaction of a job well done.

You know what else children need? A sense of safety and security.

Well they sure aren't getting that hopping death trains and being dragged by their parent thousands of miles.

That's gotta tell you something about what they were born into, doesn't it?

Same thing millions of Americans are.

Progressive urban utopias!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Plus children need a sense of order, of discipline, of the satisfaction of a job well done.

Well they sure aren't getting that hopping death trains and being dragged by their parent thousands of miles.

That's gotta tell you something about what they were born into, doesn't it?

Same thing millions of Americans are.

Progressive urban utopias!

Uh huh. If you just HAVE to respond at least make it something approximating reality please.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not at all. if you want asylum you have to apply for it when you enter the country. Most applicants are not granted asylum. For example in 2017, 2,930 people applied for asylum, and 766 were granted asylum.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So cities like LA,Chicago,Detriot are Mayberrys eh.

I had no idea it was so unrealistic.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

According to leftists, all you have to do in order to be an American citizen is touch America and say, "Not it" real loud.

The border police and ICE will then keep moving until they find someone who didn't say, "Not it" fast enough.

It's a tricky law.

But it's also legal precedent in the Supreme Court case of . . . .

"Tag but no Tag Backs versus The United States."

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
US should pass a law that to seek asylum they first need to seek asylum in the first country they passed after fleeing their country, in this case MEXICO... If not the case is denied and they can be deported to another country...

We also need express deportations that don't take longer than a couple of weeks, enough with the delay tactics by the libtard left...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

According to leftists, all you have to do in order to be an American citizen is touch America and say, "Not it" real loud.

Why not? It worked for the Cubans. Policy was even geared to advantage them.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
US should pass a law that to seek asylum they first need to seek asylum in the first country they passed after fleeing their country, in this case MEXICO... If not the case is denied and they can be deported to another country...

I'm not sure you know how the asylum process works.

Though I'm sure a brand new law will TOTALLY be effective in reducing the numbers of these people when they already ignore current immigration laws to get here. (/s if you can't tell)

We also need express deportations that don't take longer than a couple of weeks, enough with the delay tactics by the libtard left...

You may not care about the Bill of Rights, but I happen to like that the "libtard left" requires the Fifth Amendment be carried out.
edit on 16-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wapo - Where Democracy dies in Darkness, because we turned out the lights. The Trump policy of separating children from their parents? No pizza, birthday parties and the nintendo is broken? Cruelty! I wonder who broke the video games?

I can't believe people actually get upset over this. Why is it immigrants never head South? Are there no countries in South America they can claim asylum? Single mothers with kids will certainly add to the debt, that's a given. How many thousands is the government willing to give you the citizen? Oh, you have to pay... sounds fair.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

No.2 different things. Simply put amnesty forgives you from doing or being accused of something....and asylum protects you from some type of persecution or harm.
Amnesty forgives...Asylum protects. Not at all the same thing.

Ex: If those families did seek ASYLUM legally, and not SNUCK in illegally they'd have been labeled asylum seekers...and would been kept together so we will protect those seeking legal recourse.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Are there no countries in South America they can claim asylum?

Only the ones Americans spend billions of dollars vacationing in.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yup, much like breaking into a bank, then when you get caught, just say you were there to make a deposit, but can't find a teller. POOF** Go home scot free. Oh wait, it doesn't work like that at all.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yeah, you're right. Borders suck. We can just pay for all these people for life. I'm sending all of the first ones to come over to you and you can handle it, amirite?

You being SOOOO compassionate and all.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Definitely need improvement to the system.

If you want to claim amnesty / asylum one should be forced to do so at an embassy or at a legal border crossing. Come in, be processed,

It's just stupid when people are caught illegally crossing the border or after they have already illegally crossed and trying to escape the system to suddenly claim they want amnesty / asylum.

Exactly. It's a loophole they exploit, just like they do with minors.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yep, so that's why their parents uproot them and send them traipsing across Mexico on their own to the great Los Estados Unidos ... oh, wait, you weren't talking about *those* kids.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

All those south of the border countries promise everything we're supposed to but don't -- free education, free health care, etc. I hear they also ban gun ownership too.

I wonder why those countries aren't the awesome places those measures are supposed to create where children can grow up happy, healthy, and free?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
SOLUTION?????

You do realize this is happening globally - - not just America's southern border.

And mostly "southerners" moving North - - speculation? Why is that?

Does being closer to the equator make people crazy? (no offense Australia).

But, seriously - - people aren't leaving their homes, trekking thousands of miles, kids in tow to visit Disneyland.

It is a Global problem - - how can "we" make it safe for people/families to stay in their homeland?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Lotta mouth movement about family separation and the like. It's a tricky issue.

Ya think? Others would say it's just disgraceful.

So. No political asylum for "The Others" once our Trumpets start to hunt them down during the first Purge next year or so? No touchy! Keep thy love to yourself!

What the fck happened to all you illegal aliens in the colonies? You're now the native indigenous people to make this decision after taking loooong tokes from the peace-pipe or something?

Yeah. Sounds good. Except we now have an infrastructure and a government that handles the very social programs that illegals want to take advantage of. When the colonists moved here, there was none of that. You're argument falls flat.

And sounds like you WANT this purge more than the "Trumpets" you claim.

I'm an argument? Nah. I'm a perspective on legal grounds, no occupation going on whatsoever. Asylum me that, you illegal alien of an argument on sacred grounds?

People tend to hear stuff when they watch gifs, I won't judge you by the sound I make in your head. Just remember to scream like Bill Hicks and you'll be fine.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yup, much like breaking into a bank, then when you get caught, just say you were there to make a deposit, but can't find a teller. POOF** Go home scot free. Oh wait, it doesn't work like that at all.

How are ya N.Dude? I don't get the simple point of coming to the boarder and not just ASKING for asylum.

Nope...gotta sneak in...or pay $$$$ to some "mule" who may or may not really get you in.

My grandparents stood in line at Ellis island asking to be admitted the right way...and I know other Hispanics who I worked with who came to the U.S. with no $$ or job with their entire families requesting "asylum".

They are now U.S. citizens. And together, never separated...
edit on 16-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why is it "our" responsibility to make "their" homes not a s-holes?

Shouldn't they, at some point, realize that they might have to do some hard work and take matters into their own hands?

Maybe we should stop sending their corrupt s-hole governments so much money on the assumption those corrupt regimes care at all about their people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join