It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is a city in Norway.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
In North Carolina we have a town named "Climax". It's off 220 South...it's the exit between "Foreplay" & "Rest period".
edit on 16-7-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

The is a Hell in Michigan. You can actually buy the city and be the owner of Hell.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Big Beaver road is exit 69 by us. COINCIDENCE?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

More like indecent traffic planners. I think I'd like Lil Beaver Road better......Big Ole Beaver will get ya. Bite ya, give you something nasty. Make you itch in hard to reach places.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hell was located in Finland according too Ior Bock who tells the story of the Aser who lived there trough the ice age and kick started civilization again, if my memory serves me right.

Bock Saga - Welcome to Hel (Movie, 2016)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
"to the North was the camp of Dan, symbol the eagle, with Dan, Aser and Naphtali who today are Denmark, Sweden and Norway. "

more

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Lovely Bottom, The Boobs and Titwobble Lane: Hilarious map shows all the places in Australia you won't believe actually exist

"Hell" might be in Norway or Michigan or both, but "Satan's Lair" is in Tasmania.

Also in Australia:

"The Nipples" and "Mossy Nipple Bend" - Tasmania
"Nowhere Creek" - Victoria (and I've been right in the middle of it)
"Cleanskin Knob" and "Dirty Dick Creek" - Queensland
"Breakwind Reserve" is situated right between "Bumcooler Flat No. 1" and "Bumcooler Flat No. 2" - South Australia
"Mount Meharry" and "Ram Well" - Western Australia
"Hungry Knob", "Licking Place", and "Licking Hole" - New South Wales
edit on 17/7/2018 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
ATS members convention?

In hell!
edit on Ram71718v32201800000001 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
In North Carolina we have a town named "Climax". It's off 220 South...it's the exit between "Foreplay" & "Rest period".

Michigan's got you beat --there's a Hell AND a Climax here. So you can go to Hell and get drunk at the bar, then head to Climax to -- never mind, you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That would be great. I'd save up to go there.
ATS next meet and greet in Hell.

Brilliant.

back on topic :

further reading

edit on 17/7/2018 by NJE777 because: Add url

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Not really a city, more like a small village or a train station with a few houses scattered around it. Nice place.

Love the sign from the train station in this picture.

edit on 17-7-2018 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So, "Hell" in Germanic languages means bright.

Hel was a goddess of the underworld. She glowed and lit up the land of the dead.

Just like like how in the Egyptian text "Emerging by Day", the deceased pharaoh lights up the underworld; he is their sun: "and in the land of darkness, the chariot of the sun is drawn along by the grateful dead."

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777
"to the North was the camp of Dan, symbol the eagle, with Dan, Aser and Naphtali who today are Denmark, Sweden and Norway. "

more

Staying on topic. It's hard I guess cos of other things.

Aser is important. It shows a direct link to biblical times.
edit on 18/7/2018 by NJE777 because: Format

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Hell is not a Jewish word. The term the Hebrews used for the underworld and a place for the dead was Sheol.

Sheol

People forget that the English language has 139 Norse words in current use. Here's a sample.

anger
are
awkward
bag
bait
band
bark
bask
birth
hell - Hel is daughter of Loki and ruler of the underworld in Norse mythology
window
wing
wrong
you
your

List of English words of Old Norse Origin

Four days of the week are dedicated to Norse gods in the English language.

Tyr = Tuesday
Woden = Wednesday -
Thor = Thursday
Frigga = Friday

Norway should be proud of its influence on the world with the modern english language.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That is great information.

I didn't know about this. Thank you for contributing.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: lostinspace

Thanks.

Just reading up on the links you provided.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sheol

The question arises whether the Biblical concept is borrowed from the Assyrians or is an independent development from elements common to both and found in many primitive religions. Though most of the passages in which mention is made of Sheol or its synonyms are of exilic or post-exilic times, the latter view, according to which the Biblical concept of Sheol represents an independent evolution, is the more probable. It reverts to primitive animistic conceits. With the body in the grave remains connected the soul (as in dreams): the dead buried in family graves continue to have communion (comp. Jer. xxxi. 15). Sheol is practically a family grave on a large scale. Graves were protected by gates and bolts; therefore Sheol was likewise similarly guarded. The separate compartments are devised for the separate clans, septs, and families, national and blood distinctions continuing in effect after death.

<< 1   >>

join