It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What?

Because some idiot, with more money than tact, makes a malicious comment, we're supposed to drop everything and investigate?

Really? Ruin a guys life, on maybe... How about someone go to dear Mr. Musk, and ask him for his evidence, or why he has reason to believe this. A signed dollar says he doesn't have any. It was a nasty little jab at someone whose only crime was daring to disagree.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't make the rules, the accusation has been made, dismissing the accusation because you are emotionally driven is foolish.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Why are you making excuses for this guy being a complete douche for no reason?

he had a very good reason

the " submmarine delusion " was known to be utterly USELESS before musk even made the offer

there were REAL ways that a man of musks power , influence and rescources could have assisted the rescue team

but hey - he built a " submarine " that could not work

go figure ...................

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

carefull - your cluelessness is showing

why do you hhave this delusion that i did nothing to contribute to the rescue effort ?????????????

unfortunatly - because i draw a line between " ignorant ape " and my real life - i am not going to adress this further

but i DID assist the logistics of the rescue teams efforts [ from the UK end ] - i dont care if you or anyone else believes me

but i made a bigger contribution to the team effort than musk did [ my efforts were usefull - his were not ]

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

ok - standard response :

what evidence does musk offer to support his allegation

why has musk deleted the allegation

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Maybe because he realised he could be up for litigation? Or to stem the $2b loss from Tesla shares after his outburst.

Honestly thought previous bring downs of Musk was Tall Poppyism... but his outbursts to the Chang Rai Governor and others and then to this British Ex-Pat have left me siding closer to his previous detractors here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
TIME TO GET PAID TIME TO GET PAID

OH LAWDY LAWDY

Nobody can shrug # off

ONLY MONEY CAN FIX THE PAIN I FEEL

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

ok - standard response :

what evidence does musk offer to support his allegation

why has musk deleted the allegation

You will have to ask him that. If musk is wrong in his accusation he will likely get sued for defamation,the laws are there for a reason.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
That is not the way it works..

IF musk has information it is incumbent on him to go to the authorities and present the information NOT make accusations, especially when so many people think he walks on water.

Then the authorities can investigate... you don't do an investigation by public opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If you draw a line between your life and your avatar then why are ypu bragging about your real life and thinning the line? And wherenis your proof? Ypu seem smart but in this post you are full of contradictions. Me thinks you are confused. reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Um he is a genius not an idiot. He has way more money than you so what does that make u of he is an idiot lol. Hate to burst ur bubble but I think u don't like musk because you aren't filthy rich and smart like him. I'd marry him in a second but u... no thanks player hater reply to: seagull

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SammiMillerKnowsBest

If he was smart, he wouldn't have said so many inflammatory remarks - the most volatile labelling a man a paedophile because he is an older white male living in Thailand. That alone caused $2billion wiped off Tesla's value.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I said he is smart. Not perfect. Are you perfect? Is anyone? No. But he is a billionaire and haters will hate. I'm so sick of people saying public figures can't speak their mind. Censorship is winnining i think because a lot lf people seem to like it and enforce it in their idiology. Yikes. Im scared for this world. Brave new world right around the corner. I will say he might not should have said that but you saying he isnt smart and others saying that when he is way richer than most and money is king of this world. Yeah he has it fogured out and people are jelly. I dont even like musk but i know haters when i see em. a reply to: auroraaus

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Ignore the karma points. Just make good well thought out posts, and it is pretty much a bastion of free speech.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Really have no idea what's going on.

You are welcome here just as long as you follow Terms of Service, which I believe you are.

We may disagree with others, but that should be no reason to feel you have to leave the site.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
my opinions on the technical sidde of the argument - and why mr musks " submarine " was a farce

[...]

now the big question - is why didnt a man as alledgedly " smart " as mr musk - realise what his submarine farce was uttery unworkable - and why it would not work ????????????????

and more important - why did he not ask anyone who actuallly knew anything about caving // rescue // diving [ or if he did - totally ignore them ] ???

the scale of the obstacles [ there are more than one crux that a " submarine " of the dimensions built by mr musk - COULD NOT pass in the cave ] wwas known BEFORE mr musk made his " submarine offer "

so - it was an utterly pointless PR stunt // wankfest

cool story bro.

twitter.com...

now, i'm not defending Musk here - when it comes to this thread's topic, he behaved like an idiot. still, the whole thread is wrong - that man ISN'T A GODDAMN DIVER in this story. he mapped the caves, he told the authorities that divers will help, he told divers where to look - but he didn't dive with them to save those kids.

edition.cnn.com... (yeah, i know, fake news site)

in the meantime, most sites are calling him a diver in relation to this story, making it sound like he was risking his life to save those kids - he just happens to live there, he knows those caves like his own pocket, and while noone should downplay his role in all of this - without his help, those kids would be dead - he seems to get a little bit ahead of himself. those that DID risk their lives in this operation, are refusing to call themselves heroes, while he's having the most to say? for me it looks like he feels it was "his" operation - and to a degree, he's right, but somehow the rescue divers worked with Musk (who visited the cave actually), while Unsworth just couldn't stop himself from bashing Musk in the end, putting himself in the spotlight.

PR stunt, you say.

get your facts straight, people.
edit on 17/7/2018 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Wow. You know me so well that you can unequivocally state I hate Musk. Fine, whatever.

Are you going to sit there behind your little computer screen and tell me that that tweet wasn't idiotic? Accusing a man of being a pedo, simply because he criticized his little submarine? That smacks of idiocy.

Hate requires knowledge of the subject being hated...since I know nothing of the man--nor want to especially--hate's rather a strong term to use.

As for having more money than me? ...and? Lot's of people have more money than me. That's hardly news.

As for you marrying him? What has that got to do with anything, at all?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join