It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
However, he does not have the right to call anyone a "pedophile" especially without actual evidence. It's a cheap shot in response to criticism.

This totally sounds like a DNC counter argument...bet you a signed dollar it's true

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Musk is a joke... just another Capitalist "revolutionary techie"... laughable

This coming from someone who has not landed an orbital rocket upright on multiple accounts. Musk is a smart man. Did he just make a fracking mistake....yes. Will he own up to it...probably. Would it even matter if he does....NO. If it turns out he is in fact correct will we ever hear the news? Chances are pretty slim. But to call the man a “joke” is laughable.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Looks like Vern Unsworth might be suing.
I'm not a litigious person, but this is one case I am cheering for Vern.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleepyDude
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It's easy to point fingers, but anyone with a rational mind will look for answers. It would be easy to say he's rich and powerful, so lets hate him because he's probably bad.

A rational person won't attack or assume first hand, they will look for information pertaining to evidence. Not many people do that anymore.

so a diver with years of experience, and with foot on the ground, along with a team of other experienced drivers, whom have probably deduced a mini sub wouldn't work since they themselves use minisubs. he calls out a billionaire who is 6000 miles away who only knows about the situation based on whats reported in the news, trying to sponsor a real life rescue to boost maybe a new venture (munisubs).

and you're talking about 'rational mind' looking for information pertaining to evidence, why didn't musk do that first before he proposed a small sub he had sitting in a warehouse from spaceX training sessions... could musk not rationalize that they have exhausted all options including a minisub? did he think they didn't have munisubs over there or neighboring countries, he had to hop in a private jet and make a guest appearance?

and couldn't musk use his rational mind to say well hes right a sub wouldn't have worked in this context and not call the guy a pedo?

you're trying to say the diver was irrational or its no use finger-pointing when its musk whos irrational and absent minded and tried to pull a social media stunt just because he is rich enough.

i hope he gets sued for defamation and libel. the tweet is on the twittersphere somewhere even if he deleted it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So Musk, the gazillionaire , is actually trying to do things to improve humanity, help people, free us from fossil fuels , and even working on stuff in the medical field to improve quality of life, revolutionizing space travel, trying to put us on Mars.

Volunteers to help however he can to free 13 kids from certain death, and makes his resources available

And then people start slamming him? Do you want him to lose his faith in humanity?

Do you want a super villain? Because this is how you get a super villain.....

edit on 16-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

So Musk, the gazillionaire , is actually trying to do things to improve humanity, help people, free us from fossil fuels , and even working on stuff in the medical field to improve quality of lif

So that gives him an excuse to slander someone?

I would hate to be your friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
Do you want a super villain? Because this is how you get a super villain.....

He already is a subsidy-taking super villain mooch.

He should have just fired a rocket filled with solar panels into the cave and sealed the deal.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So Musk, the gazillionaire , is actually trying to do things to improve humanity, help people, free us from fossil fuels , and even working on stuff in the medical field to improve quality of lif

So that gives him an excuse to slander someone?

I would hate to be your friend.

Says the guy judging someone else he doesnt know, on an anonymous forum.
Says more about you than me honestly

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Now, I really dig Elon Musk's various exploits. His car business is interesting, his space business is fascinating, his ideas for transport, and electricity infrastructure and production are intriguing, so I am what you might call, a fan.

But on this issue, I have to say, I am disgusted with him.

I do not think his offer of assistance was a PR motivated offer, I think he genuinely wanted to help. But what I do think is that his response to being told to sod off and stop bothering people, was entirely uncalled for, and not only uncalled for, but in the worst possible taste.

I honestly expected better from him, much better.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I know you as much as you know Musk.

Please explain the difference?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I know you as much as you know Musk.

Please explain the difference?

That doesnt even make sense, im a new member here, with not to many posts. You dont know what I look like, you dont know what I do for a living, you dont know what I do to help the community, you dont know how I spend my time, you dont know my background, you dont know the people i surround myself with, you know ZERO about my character.

Musk is a well known billionaire, whose been in the news for over 10 years for his innovations, many lectures, coverage by the news, and a very active twitter.

So to say that you know ME as well as a man as public as that, makes absolutely NO sense.

And yet you leveled an attack on me lol

Coming clear now?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

i will say it again :

the" idea " of a ridgid // solid wall " pod // capsule " - capable of holding a` wild boar - was known to be UTTERLY USELESS , several days before musk " thought of it "

there were several possible areas where musk COULD have offered REAL `assistance - but it SEEMS he didnt [ or at least none have been reported ]

his submarine was useless - and not used

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In my world calling someone a 'paedo' without any sort of proof would have the severest of consequences.

I know quite a few people who have lived or do live in Thailand and lots of people who go there quite often.
Sure some of them can only be described as 'strange' but none of them, as far as I know, are nonces. If they were they'd soon get caught out and be treat accordingly.

I think this has been a knee jerk reaction by someone who really should know better.
If he has anything about him he'll offer a grovelling apology as soon as and offer a significant donation to either a charity of the caver's choice or to victims of child abuse.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i will say it again :

the" idea " of a ridgid // solid wall " pod // capsule " - capable of holding a` wild boar - was known to be UTTERLY USELESS , several days before musk " thought of it "

there were several possible areas where musk COULD have offered REAL `assistance - but it SEEMS he didnt [ or at least none have been reported ]

his submarine was useless - and not used

Beside the point, he was still trying to help, not all ideas work or are feasible, that doesnt minimize the fact he was trying to help.

I dont agree with musk calling this guya pedo , but to be fair, this guy didnt dive to bring these kids out, and beyond helping locate approximately where they were, he did about as much as Elon did.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

what utter bollox - wwhich bit of :

a rigid container capable of holding a child was TOTALLY USELESS - and this fact was known BEFORE musk made his " offer " dont you comprehend ? ?????????????????

the submarine - didnt just not work - it wwas known that it could not work

as for mr unsworths contribution to the rescue - you now really have no clue what so ever - musk did NOTHING USEFULL . unsworth provide expertise , management skills , liason with experts around the world - savoir faire [ knowing how to deal with thia govt andd military officials , the media , foreign cavers and rescue organisations ] -

yes other people dived the wild boars out - but unswroth provided magagemment skills that cut across the thia // foreign volunteers divide - to make the rescue effort go as smoothly as possible

so - piss off and peddle your cluelessness elsewhere

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what utter bollox - wwhich bit of :

a rigid container capable of holding a child was TOTALLY USELESS - and this fact was known BEFORE musk made his " offer " dont you comprehend ? ?????????????????

the submarine - didnt just not work - it wwas known that it could not work

as for mr unsworths contribution to the rescue - you now really have no clue what so ever - musk did NOTHING USEFULL . unsworth provide expertise , management skills , liason with experts around the world - savoir faire [ knowing how to deal with thia govt andd military officials , the media , foreign cavers and rescue organisations ] -

yes other people dived the wild boars out - but unswroth provided magagemment skills that cut across the thia // foreign volunteers divide - to make the rescue effort go as smoothly as possible

so - piss off and peddle your cluelessness elsewhere

Really? You sure are passionate about this.

What did you do exactly to help rescue these kids?

Oh wait right, nothing, and even though Musks "kid sub" didnt work,

He still contributed more than YOU or anyone else on this thread trashing him.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

and when musk was told he's idea was bunk, he resorted to slander and epithets. he was hoping to get a holy welcome and more press time.

musk did no more than i did to help those kids, you cant turn sour for being told you can't help.

i hope he gets sued for libel and slander.

not sure what's there to defend or debate

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That doesnt even make sense,

Let me explain it to you.

You are trying to defend someone ( Musk ) who you don't even know. Unless you are a personal friend of Musk , which i doubt.

Musk is a well known billionaire, whose been in the news for over 10 years for his innovations, many lectures, coverage by the news, and a very active twitter.

That is the public face of Musk. In his private life you haven't got any idea what he is like. As i stated previously, you know Musk as much as i know you.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That doesnt even make sense,

Let me explain it to you.

You are trying to defend someone ( Musk ) who you don't even know. Unless you are a personal friend of Musk , which i doubt.

That is the public face of Musk. In his private life you haven't got any idea what he is like. As i stated previously, you know Musk as much as i know you.

LoL and yet you can pass judgement on me saying that you would hate to be my friend, then turn around and completely make yourself look foolish for explaining EXACTLY why your statement holds no water.

You did to me, exactly what you accuse me of doing with Musk lmao, omg that irony is amazing

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You just don't get it do you?

For someone ( in this case you ) who tries to defend some who calls a person he don't even know a " peado "/ then you are certainly not the kind of person i would like to be a friend off.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join