It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA: CDC warning on Kellogg’s Honey Smacks: “Do not eat this cereal”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gr8skott
Thank you for that info.
No, I don’t grow any wheat in my backyard.
Makes it kind of tough to source your own non-contaminated flour.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gr8skott

"Do you know how to grow wheat, harvest it, store it, and grind it into flour? Do you know anybody who does?"

I do, but I would say 99% of the population does not. It is also very hard to do, that is why it is all done by machines.
It is very weather dependent doing it by hand. That is why farmers spray roundup on it to hasten the drying process.

I can't stand cereal but we always assumed they were one the safer things to eat (at least for kids), I guess that is gone now too.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dig'em.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: infolurker

Who the hell still eats cereal?

Jerry Seinfeld

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Enough said.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
People on a budget. I know this word doesn't mean much to you, but it helps filling your stomach for cheap now and then.

You're around five bucks for a box of sweetener and carbs that you then douse with dairy that has also run you around $5, I can think of far better things to ingest if you're on a budget that wont make you **** your pancreas out.

You need to check your 'mathmaticks' bro. That 10 dollar investment provides a morning get-up-and-go all week long.

LUL @ everyone trying to act like a box of cereal is breaking the bank

I never said it was healthy, so you can't really argue with me on that, but LUL, just LUL.

Anyways no salmonella yet and I will NOT throw away my Honey Smacks!!

edit on 16-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

what they ACTUALLY say - is :

" do not eat certain batches of this cereal "

but hey ..................

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
You need to check your 'mathmaticks' bro. That 10 dollar investment provides a morning get-up-and-go all week long.

It also screws up your blood sugar and has hardly any nutrition, I could make something nutritious and healthy for that same $10 all week long. Garbage like this is why we have an obesity problem in this country.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I completely agree. There is so much really unhealthy food targeted at children. A lot of it is under the guise as wholesome. Cereal is terrible. I live in the country and I see how they spray wheat with roundup. That's right they spray it right on the plant to soak it in and hasten the drying process. It is the most unnatural thing in the world. I really don't think a lot of people have "gluten" intolerances. I think they have roundup intolerances. Same with peanuts. Peanuts are one of the most pesticide ladens crops.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
There is so much really unhealthy food targeted at children. A lot of it is under the guise as wholesome. Cereal is terrible.

Exactly. It's targeted at children and it alters their blood chemistry so they continue to crave sugar and carbs into adulthood. Processed sugar is more addictive than coke or heroin.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

. Peanuts are one of the most pesticide ladens crops.

Sweet corn too, it’s sprayed at least every 14 days or more until harvest, don’t cook the Cobb with the husk still on. Even Farmers take the husk off before boiling it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join