It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says "European Union Is A Foe"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Retribution? I did not realize saying let's make the trade deals more fair was asking for retribution. Odd.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: abe froman

The US literally built this empire of world police, and in return they asked for trade and economic growth. All of a sudden you want it all un done and want nations to repay you?

This isn't a business, this is planet earth, other nations don't owe you anything, your past leaders made this happen.

I can't even fathom what Trump has in his end game goal. Hypocrites. And you wonder why the rest of the world laughs at you and doesn't respect the US. You made this world we all live in, and you want to abandon it, so how about just go. leave, don't take the rest of us with you.

It is a business and you are naïve as hell to think otherwise!

Do you think politicians become wealthy based upon their government salary? lmao

You can laugh at the US all you want. We don't give a damn about what those of you who proclaim to hate the man yet do his bidding care.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Because you have a massive military and nuclear weapons. That is literally your only vice on this planet, an consumer economy can only last so long, good luck. I'm done. Ignorance to world issues can only go so far. And clearly 56 some odd million people don't see that the US doesn't have a world problem, it doesn't have a immigration problem, it has a problem of a dying empire. Imperialism is dead, move on, stop trying to enforce it with a dead beat business man.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Because you have a massive military and nuclear weapons. That is literally your only vice on this planet, an consumer economy can only last so long, good luck. I'm done. Ignorance to world issues can only go so far. And clearly 56 some odd million people don't see that the US doesn't have a world problem, it doesn't have a immigration problem, it has a problem of a dying empire. Imperialism is dead, move on, stop trying to enforce it with a dead beat business man.

Yet it is people like me saying tell NATO to screw off and you and your ilk are screaming bloody murder that Trump is holding them to task on paying their fair share????

We might have a dead beat businessman running our country, but we sure as hell don't have a cucked drama teacher like you do!

Ya'll ought to pay more taxes so he can employ someone capable of putting on his fake eyebrows properly!~
edit on 15-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I've stated a few times over the years that yanks will need to readjust their political thinking to align with the fact that Trump was never a politician but has always been a CEO of a private enterprise.

Everything is about the money - everything. The bean-counters will require the books to be balanced so that increasing profit margins can be maintained - business 101.

His book also made it clear that entering financial deals like a bull in a china shop yields results because when a vested interest is put in by the applicable parties, the natural function is to want to see the deal come to fruition so one will negotiate based on saving what they can from their efforts to date.

Once he fully befriends Putin in the next 24 hours, I foresee more deals - because money.

Trump already loves China because money - now its Russias turn.

You ready to rock n roll?
edit on 15/7/2018 by Sublimecraft because: stuff

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In my previous job I had to deal with EU regulations quite a bit. The EU is absolutely an economic foe to the USA. It's so effective that other countries like China want to replicate their model in some areas.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

I said my piece. And I know anything I say will be derailed and deflected into a random shouting match and radical, non rhetoric and biased opinions around here. History is history, it's done, you cannot change it. And after WW1 they became the world police in return for global wealth. Simple as that, and now they are losing grip of it and being backed into a corner, and lashing out blaming EVERYONE else for their OWN issues, you made your bed. NOT the rest of the world.

American Invention and Entrepreneurship created the American wealth you speak of.

The rest of the world has largely been built by the wealth that America generated. The world has been built by selling more goods to the US than they buy. It's time for the rest of the world to build their own economies or fall flat on their faces. We will not continue to bail everyone out at the expense of the US citizens.

Most of NATO doesn't even pay what they agreed to protect themselves. While America spends an insane amount of money policing the world. How exactly does policing the world generate wealth?

Do you understand economics at all?

edit on 15-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The whole world is ticked off now because they were promised Hillary would win and they wasted all that bribe money on the losing candidate.
edit on 15-7-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The US literally built this empire of world police, and in return they asked for trade and economic growth. All of a sudden you want it all un done and want nations to repay you?

This isn't a business, this is planet earth, other nations don't owe you anything, your past leaders made this happen.

I can't even fathom what Trump has in his end game goal. Hypocrites. And you wonder why the rest of the world laughs at you and doesn't respect the US. You made this world we all live in, and you want to abandon it, so how about just go. leave, don't take the rest of us with you.

Another "the rest of the world laughs at you" comment.

Your world is very small isn't it.

I think its time for Europe to renegotiate all of its deals with Germany. How about that?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Other nations don't owe us anything? Ok, I'll buy that, as long as the reverse is true. Some people are pretty short sighted when it comes to the US and our place in the world.

You whine when we do something, and you whine when we don't. If you could handle things by yourself, there would be no need for any intervention from anyone else. Everyone has their hand out, and now you whine that it's not enough.

We are not a perfect country. If you don't like the way we handle things then take care of the problems yourself. I'm really tired of having my taxes bolster other countries when we have enough problems to concentrate on here. It might be different if there was a bit more gratitude for the good we have done in the world. We lost a lot of good men fighting in foreign wars. That to me is the biggest cost to my country.

Say what you want about the US, maybe we will remember it the next time you desperately need our help

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Every nation/group is going to look out for itself first and foremost. Is that a shock to anyone?

We are all playing the grand game.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Heh, I agree with him. Both economically and militarily. Any International parasite like the EU is a direct threat to America's sovereignty and liberty.

Multi-national governing bodies represent one of the most insidious forms of tyranny known to the modern world.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Get a grip of reality. Life isn't fair. So stop being the victim

This much of your post is dead on.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"The World Laughs at You."

Read, northwestern Europe laughs at you.

Travel through subsaharan Africa. George "W" Bush is worshipped as a god to those people. Check out this billboard in Tanzania: welcome "president of democracy" Bush and this Bush Parade

Why, because he and Bono, dual-handedly turned the corner on aids in Africa. Where some countries have a 25% infection rate.

Spend some time in Poland, for that Matter. Polish people talk about America like it was Obi wan Kenobi (you're my only hope).

Now, the EU and the media will never tell you that. Or about Trumps approval rate among legal hispanic immigrants in Texas.

Basically, the age of Liberalism is drawing to a close. And like in most cultural matters, America leads the way.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
DONALD TRUMP EATS BROWN BABIES

Sugar Babies, a long time candy in America is loved by President Trump...

IT is about as real as the above...LOL
edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-15T20:38:46-05:000846 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Right off the bat, I would assert that WW2, the legacy we live in, was not caused by the USA. Applying your tortured logic, we should blame the Europeans for the status quo, the "world we live in".

How about, the Russians have been our allies for a very long time. Money was flushed down the toilet, into the European Theatre for the "Cold War", which narly exists. US and UK pull out of the Kabuki theater, and let the Continental Powers sort out their own business.

What's likely to emerge is a crap state that's dependent on Russian energy. We'll see how quickly EU can get their act together then.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The EU is America's enemy. The parasitic ruling elite of it want to create a Federal European State that will be a direct competitor to the US's position as world hegemon.

That isn't in America's interests. Not one bit.

I mean America's foreign policy isn't great with their Imperialistic wars of aggression, toppling of regimes for seemingly the sheer thrill of it and their choice of Allies (the House of Saud being a prime example) but it is better to have the devil you know than the one you don't.

Also the EU is an openly anti-democratic institution. The elites are totally entrenched and their policies will never change. Whereas America's foreign policy, could, at least in theory, be changed by the will of the people. Provided the voice of the people can be louder than those of the oligarchic interests (the armaments lobby, big oil, war hawk press etc.) that dominant America's politics.
edit on -050011pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
They have taken advantage of us (or rather the repulsively weak leadership we've had in the past) and it's time to re-balance the scales.

The gravy train is over, global parasites.

May she rest in peace.!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
More incoherent ravings !
Another day another raving.

sheesh Donald.

Seeing how his remarks were neither incoherent, OR raving, maybe you should entertain the possibility that it's simply beyond your ability to understand. Or perhaps it's not the ABILITY to understand, but the WILLINGNESS to even try?

That being said, I just want you to know that we're here for you, brah!

So, what is it you don't understand, and how can we help?

edit on 15-7-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

"I respect the leaders of those countries. But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills," he added.

There is nothing incoherent or raving about this.

The real problem we as americans have with what's happening between our government and the UN right now is that we really don't know anything about how the UN is run, it's laws, who has what powers.

Trumps says that "they" are not paying their bills. But do any of us even now what bills he is talking about?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join