It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hints at the Queen's private views on Brexit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

OK. So you think Farage is a Nazi? Interesting. Totally bonkers, but interesting.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Farage is less of a Nazi than you, mate.

Silly hyperbole, you let yourself down there.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

How did I let myself down there SprocketUK?

I am not the one who told a pack of lies to an animalistic mob that I had driven into a faux patriotic frenzy, opening the door for the normalisation of hypernationalist thuggery.

That would be Farage.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

All politicians lie. I'd venture that Farage has told fewer lies than most MP s.

Lying is not the defining characteristic of a Nazi though, I get you dislike him, but it does you no credit to cast such aspersions.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Hyperbole indeed, comparing Farage to a Nazi and then going on about exterminations. Bit over the top, old chap.

What "animalistic mob" are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Its the combination of hypernationalism, with the lies that concerns me, because that combination is a goodly part of the playbook of the Third Reich.

Sure, most politicians are full of crap, but they are not trying to mobilise some false sense of patriotism in people who only barely understand the term, which, by the way, is an awful lot of the UKIP support base, yourself obviously excluded. I know you better than that.

However, even with people such as yourself, I constantly have to hope to myself that YOU know yourself better than that, because a great many UKIPPERS bloody well don't, something Farage relies on for what remains of his support.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I am referring to the EDL members, FLA members, and UKIPPERs out there, whose politics range to the far right, something Farage has deliberately drummed up and fostered in order to gain votes for his alliance of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
....opps
edit on 7/18/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Farage has no connection to the far right and neither does UKIP. I voted UKIP and do not consider myself ignorant, nor do I consider people I know that voted UKIP to be ignorant.

From someone that obviously espouses vigorous opposition to the far right (I'm with you there, by the way) it is ironic that you use such hyperbole against Farage and seek to animalise and dehumanise his supporters. That was a trait of some other party from history and one of their tactics. A party that you apparently loathe - you know - the Nazis.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Well, that is what UKIP has been doing to everyone else. Are you saying it was definitely wrong for them to do that? I just want to know, because if it was, you probably shouldn't have DAMNED WELL VOTED FOR THEM! You literally CANNOT take me to task for any damned thing I have said on this website, if you voted for UKIP, because no matter what I have said on here, its no where near as bad as the propagandist tripe they have output since their creation as a party.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Do we have to send the UN in here to settle this?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Do you have any actual examples of UKIP doing this? Or are your own comments "propogandist tripe".

Please don't shout, I can hear you just fine.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Do we have to send the UN in here to settle this?

Yes please send them in. Our country is in a total mess and if the government don't sort things out soon we are going to see business flooding out of the country. Sterling hit a nine month low today
SOS

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Farage is a frustrated Tory.

Does that make him a Nazi?
No.

Seems that anyone with any sort of right wing biased opinions is labelled a fascist and Nazi.
Anyone with leftist based opinions is a commie, subversive and PC do-gooder.

Why is English or British Nationalism automatically deemed racist whilst its encouraged in the Welsh, Scots and Irish?

Far too much pigeon holing and stereotyping for my liking....unfortunately much of it from people who I've come to expect much better of.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Sterling hit a nine month low today...

Sterling hit a lifetime low during the World Cup......

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

On topic; the markets are in constant flux, a nine month low is nothing.....if it'd been a nine year low then maybe.....
And the markets are only there so that the wealthy can get even more obscenely wealthy, usually at our expense.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Why is English or British Nationalism automatically deemed racist whilst its encouraged in the Welsh, Scots and Irish?
I've always wondered that, like flying the flag of St George is racist, it's weird isn't it.
Our town hall flies the Union flag, St George's, and the county flag, as they should.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That a good one

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes, any sign or display of English pride in our culture or heritage is stigmatised as being racist and / or arrogant whilst it's actively encouraged and openly celebrated in other nationalities and countries.

Personally I think it has to do with the 'anyone but England', 'those English bastards' etc attitudes....everyone does seem to hate us.

Strange, because England is far more culturally diverse and tolerant than most other places.

I think I should stop there, don't want to derail the thread.....it'd be a good discussion for another thread if someone can be bothered...but I suspect it could get a bit heated.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I think I should stop there, don't want to derail the thread.....it'd be a good discussion for another thread if someone can be bothered...but I suspect it could get a bit heated.

I'll start one then so you can express your thoughts there.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Did you notice how after he left, ukip became a proper, pub backroom outfit full of racist leaning meath ads? That should tell you something about him, I've never seen anything by him, ba4those posters with the migrants that made me shake my head in disgust, since he left though, some of the emails I received before adding them to the spam folder have been awful.

I think if you were to dig a bit deeper, you might find Nigeria to be much less onerous than many of our mps

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join