It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hints at the Queen's private views on Brexit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Here's the thing.

I voted out. I did so for none of the reasons used by the disgusting phobic dross who also voted that way, namely concerns over immigration (its our nations fault we get so much of it, no one elses. Stop the bombs and the economic aggression, and all will return to normal), for example.

I voted out because:

a) owing to the fact that our people were only ever consulted on the matter of entering the European Union, AFTER we were practically members already, a violation of our rights as a people under Magna Carta, The Bill of Rights and the petition thereto (which together are the foundational documents of our nations systems of governance), the membership was null and void anyway, coming about as a result of a failure to consult the people at the correct time, and with the correct level of information being available.

b) I wanted to destroy the underpinnings of conservative power in my country, making their continued domination of the minds, and indeed the daily lives of our people, impossible. Cutting business ties with European financial entities would utterly devastate the Tory powerstructure, and deny them sources of support from the continent, which is something they actually rely upon heavily in order to continue to con our people out of all the hard won spoils of the battles for things like the creation of the NHS, for example.

c) I also wanted to make the government of THIS country, the ONLY source of authority, and therefore the only source of responsibility in this nation, so that for once, the people would ONLY look to the government, when seeking an outlet for their ire. Forcing the people to recognise that the government is the problem, not the number of people on whose behalf it operates, not the nation of origin of any resident, nor the religious beliefs of any citizen, but the GOVERNMENT. By doing so, the attention of the people would be focused on the government, meaning that any slight balls up, any hint of shenanigans on the part of our elected leaders, would be noted, and people would unite against the government when vexed, rather than against one another. At present, blame is to easily cast abroad, or at the minorities, because our attention is split too far and in too many different directions. With ONE centre for our attention and fury, no governance could possibly stand up to the power of the people of Britain. We would be finally able to force from our government, what we are due by virtue of existing at all.

Those things being understood fully...

There is only one way I would ever vote NOT to exit the EU, and that is if my country were to elect a heavily left wing government, intent on the renationalisation of all energy production, distribution and service provision, all roads and railways, bus services and postal services, and the telecoms industry, the undoing of every austerity measure ever enacted on this soil, and willing to place a bootheel across the necks of those who have tried to swindle this nation out of taxes owed by large corporate entities. The reason I would change my vote if our leadership was different? Simple. With the right leadership, our relationship with the EU, no matter how misbegotten in its origins, could be beneficial, and leaving will cause hardship, something I would normally avoid like the plague. But under control of the corporatist conservative party, this country will NEVER flourish while connected to the EU, because the Tories will always seek to prevent the benefits of any trade deals, from actually seeping down to ground level.

If the people in the streets are being properly looked after, if the hard working, low paid people are able to easily afford housing, heat and light, data and the other necessities of life, AND save something for a rainy day, then I really do not mind much putting up with a technically incorrect membership of the EU, but under the grasping, greedy bastards in power at the moment, I can see no other route to freeing the minds of the people of this country, other than to show them what Conservative politics really mean in this day and age, by removing all other potential scapegoats, until only the truly guilty, despicable scum at the top remain.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Trouble with that Brit, is that the EU is riven with a Blairite form of left wing economic policy.
There is legislation which enforces competition on the railways which would mean that a state owned (Rolling stock and permanent way) form of railway, would break eu rules and countries operating railways are forced to tender the access to private firms.

It is this that is behind all the UK rail unions calling for their members to vote leave in the referendum. (There are other things as well, but that was the main reason)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Aye, I am not saying things would be perfect or easy with Labour not the selfservatives, but at least the compassion, decency, and determination to do right by the people, rather than by their investors, would be front and centre of policy making and diplomatic efforts on our behalf.

There is an awful lot playing into all of this, of course, but all I know is, that if we weren't lead by the conservative party, I would not be so gung ho to leave Europe. With them in power, we cannot remain, because they will use the EU to continue to toxify our nation with austerity and other such nonsense, and get away with blaming all THEIR failings, on everyone else. With Labour under Corbyn in power, however, I would trust that things would be being done for the benefit of the people, not small handfuls of Etonian halfwits with soft hands and no work ethic.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Looking at the list of British firms that the eu has loaned or given money to, so that the firm can leave Britain and set up shop in some other eu country, or even in the far east somewhere, I think the Brits should leave before there are no jobs left.
I can only think the eu is trying to ruin the country that fought the kaisers army's to a stand still, and with Americans, free french, free Poles, Canadian's, the mighty RED Army, Fought the Germans to a resounding victory in a second war within 25 years, it just beggars belief.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Now that sounds a nice idea Sprocket

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I was being facetious. Pointing out the insane amount of money that is put into the military.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: eletheiaIts a protectionist bloc.

What is wrong with that? So you Eletheia would drop all tariffs and let the far east steamroll over what little industry we still have? Because that WILL happen if we go down the route of 'free trade.' It's no good for the average man in the street only for the rich board members who ship everything abroad. It's crazy. We need to trade amongst our neighbours not some places on the other side of the world who we can't compete with anyway. Remember................ Chinese don't play it fair, we have no protection without our EU fortress.]

I dont want to to be imprisoned in a fortress!!! I want to be FREE

We traded worldwide before the EU and a *MADE IN GREAT

BRITAIN*
label/tag meant something.

In case you dont remember or were too young THERE WAS LIFE BEFORE THE EU

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheiaI dont want to to be imprisoned in a fortress!!! I want to be FREE

We traded worldwide before the EU and a *MADE IN GREAT

BRITAIN*
label/tag meant something.

In case you dont remember or were too young THERE WAS LIFE BEFORE THE EU

Made in Britain meant something for sure but the way it's going with free trade all it means today is high costas and high taxes mean you can get something just as good but cheaper from the foreigners. By becoming a fortress the EU has made it harder for foreigners namely Commies to infiltrate our markets and dump their products while slowly snaking into the country and buying up everything like they did to the States. Free trade was good when we Brits dominated the industrial revolution and could undercu the foreigners, that time has gone and free trade has destroyed so much of our country by letting Commies do us over.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

'Commies'?

Care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Commies are the Chinese.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

First of all you constantly express your support for the EU then criticise Free Trade.
Free Trade between 'member' states is one of the core principles of the EU. (The only one many Brits can see any benefit of).

You then state

....you can get something just as good but cheaper from the foreigners. By becoming a fortress the EU has made it harder for foreigners namely Commies to infiltrate our markets and dump their products....

Made in Britain used to mean quality...not necessarily any longer due to a lack of investment in our people and infrastructure and an obsession with making obscene levels of profit for the elite few allied to social experimentation and engineering.
British products, goods and engineering skills were up there with the very best - EU policies and dictates have helped change that.

For me there is absolutely no difference in European foreigners, US foreigners or Chinese foreigners flooding our markets.
They are all foreigners to me. (And please don't take that as some sort of xenophobic, racist, attitude because it most certainly isn't).
It doesn't mater where the products etc come from, the point is they are not British.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If we take it that Corbyn means well, which I personally doubt but never mind, bearing in mind that his Shadow Cabinet is filled with the dregs of the Labour Party and largely consists of halfwits because anyone in the Party with an ounce of talent will not sit with him how can you trust the man to safely navigate the choppy shark infested waters of Brexit and deliver the goods for us?

What even is his policy on Brexit?

The man has spent his whole career in politics and has no idea about normal working people or life outside politics and has just protested about stuff without having a clue as to how to actually get things done, so, I am afraid that I do not share your rosy optimism.

Farage is the man I want in charge of brexit.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Made in Britain meant something for sure but the way it's going with free trade all it means today is high costas and high taxes mean you can get something just as good but cheaper from the foreigners. By becoming a fortress the EU has made it harder for foreigners namely Commies to infiltrate our markets and dump their products while slowly snaking into the country and buying up everything like they did to the States. Free trade was good when we Brits dominated the industrial revolution and could undercu the foreigners, that time has gone and free trade has destroyed so much of our country by letting Commies do us over.

The very fact that we pay a huge amount in fees to the EU is a hidden cost

in what you allude to as "free trade"

The EU is so cumbersome that it can take years to make a deal.

Tony Abbott, the former Prime Minister of Australia, recently remarked that the reason trade deals take so long is because bureaucrats never want outcomes – because they’d be out of a job. This refreshing view is borne out by a list of top UK civil servants from Lord O’Donnell to Sir Simon Fraser to Sir Ivan Rogers predicting Armageddon, catastrophe, infinite difficulty and never-ending negotiation – ten years at least, they say – for Britain to do what most countries in the world have managed with the EU – that is to negotiate a trade deal and a political agreement alongside.
The ingrained lack of belief in our own nation by many of those meant to serve it, that has got us so deep into the European Union, holds us back from delivering what other independent, sovereign nations deliver without losing any sleep. For example, the exciting drive for Commonwealth trade deals is derided by some unnamed officials as ‘Empire 2.0’, despite the Commonwealth being about to overtake the EU in terms of economic output and India alone growing at 7% per year. So this is not old-style Imperial Preference but a new global reality, and we need positive, capable, can-do officials to deliver on it – and should rapidly clear out ‘Les Miserables’. We have simply stopped thinking and acting like a free nation and have become unthinking, servile agents of the European Union, with whole UK departments acting like centrally-directed EU subsidiaries.

brexitcentral.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Just my opinion but the EU foreigners play it fairer in trade than the Chinese foreigners. Saying that they all want to take us over. The Chinese don't really want to buy from us though, they want to sell to us but don't want to buy our products, they just want to take our reserves while at least with the EU trade is both ways to an extent.

We are going to need a new way now we are leaving the EU, once all the present confusion is out the way and the future is apparent, then our people and government are going to have to make a proper plan economically to see a way forward. It might well do us good to have this opportunity as long as we can still trade

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: Annee
Trump = Newbie (besides I don't believe anything he says)

Queen = A Lifetime of experience & protocol (why would I believe she revealed anything to Trump?)

I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't tell that
blabber mouth dotard anything.

She sure as hell couldn't keep up with him walking, if that tells ya anything.

Huh?

:shakes head:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Th way the EUs steal our money does do my head in. Yes you're right there on the money they suck out of us, that is crazy. Germans stole our trucks around here. Mann bought out ERF told them it was going to be fine next thing you know the ERFs are coming in from Germany in kit form, then no more ERF lorrys. Devious tactics these need topping in our new independence these companies should be defended. I'd be all up for getting ERF back into business, indeed get a whole load of our industry back into being and just stop the imports. It's got to be easier to just make it here on our island long term with modern practises than to just haul it in from abroad

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just my opinion but the EU foreigners play it fairer in trade than the Chinese foreigners.

Honestly?
I genuinely thought you weren't that naïve and were reasonably well informed.

France and Germany have been bleeding this country dry since the moment we were misled into voting for what we thought was just a Free Trade agreement.
The saddest thing is that it has been done with the collusion of every government we've had since the initial referendum and our own monarch - they should all be tried for treason due to the illegal transfer of sovereignty to a foreign power.

We are going to need a new way now we are leaving the EU,

It's pretty bloody simple to many of us; a mutually beneficial Free Trade agreement without any political union.
Unfortunately doing what is in the best interests and in accordance with the wishes of the ordinary, everyday people in both the UK and the EU is the very last thing on the minds of those on both sides who are doing the negotiating.

It really should be so #ing simple.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yeah we had the ERF incident here in north mids as I just mentioned to Elethia................ Germans bought them out promised the investment then the lorries were brought in kit form from Bavaria and rebadged ERF, then guess what, well it's the usual scam isn't it but today no more ERF. How much of our economy has transferred to the Continent is incredible but it all goes one way, you hardly ever hear of it coming this way. Totally needs changing, if we can secure our own state we need an industrial program where we truly become independent again.

Our local companies need encouraging through tax breaks to buy our own products. Farmers need encouraging to buy our tractors, bus companies our buses, our sea faring companies our own ships, our military our own textiles for their uniforms (they bring them in from China
these days) oh the list is endless but we have a chance here to get our real economy outside the City actually thriving again and thus giving hope to the young kids when they leave school that there is a future for them like we had years ago. It is a real opportunity being honest and realistic about it

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Annee
Trump = Newbie (besides I don't believe anything he says)

Queen = A Lifetime of experience & protocol (why would I believe she revealed anything to Trump?)

I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't tell that
blabber mouth dotard anything.

She sure as hell couldn't keep up with him walking, if that tells ya anything.

Huh?

:shakes head:

Read it again, maybe you will not have a better question to ask.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Farage?

You might as well go back in time, off Churchill, hand Britain to the Nazis of the time, and ignore over seventy years of progress since then, if that is your intention. The outworking would be the same, but for the identities of those being exterminated for convenience sake.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join