It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hints at the Queen's private views on Brexit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Soon after the public referendum was voted, there was a thread here where Brexit was discussed and I commented that it didn't mater if the people voted in favor of Brexit or not because the politicians were not going to let it happen.
Considering that I am a Yank and don't keep up with political events in the UK that closely, I have been wondering how the EU exit is going and if it will actually happen.
In the news the past few days president Trump has met with your Prime Minister May and Queen Elizibeth and briefly discussed this subject with the 2 of them. As with most UK sentiment I'm sure will be expressed here that Trump needs to keep his opinions to himself and butt our of your business, he tried to inject his 2 cents into the issue and advise May of the strategy he would use to make the transition. He thinks a hard Brexit is the best way to implement the exit rather than to exit softly.

www.theguardian.com...

Speaking to TV host Piers Morgan in an interview published by the Mail on Sunday ahead of broadcast on ITV, the US president repeated his claim that he had given the prime minister, Theresa May, an “option” to give the UK an advantage over the European Union in Brexit talks. He would not say what that option was. He also said he had told May to get a “carve out” in any agreement with the EU, to make possible a trade deal with the US.

Morgan’s interview was not so incendiary as the one Trump gave to the Sun on Thursday, ahead of meetings with May. Then, Trump criticised her handling of Brexit talks and said Boris Johnson would make a good prime minister. Johnson, a leading pro-Brexit voice, resigned as foreign secretary on Monday.

I know there have been mentions of the need to hold another referendum to, basically, legitimize the first vote taken and/or see if Brexit is still what the UK people still want.
I'm curious to know what and how our UK friends here on ATS feel about Brexit and how it is going to suit them or not.
How about it TrueBrit, and others.

I'm going to sit back here and listen.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Trump = Newbie (besides I don't believe anything he says)

Queen = A Lifetime of experience & protocol (why would I believe she revealed anything to Trump?)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just in case you missed this today from a Brit I like to call The Mighty Gortex:

Theresa May presiding over ‘cloak and dagger’ plot by ‘establishment elite’ to sink Brexit

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Everything you want to know on going thread since referendum......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-7-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Tabitha are billionaires

Trump is charming AF

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Maybe Brexit is a unifier for Britain, up to this point, it ( the European Union) has made everyone there 'European' no real identity any more, a bland grey picture. Look at immigration there, it has not been for the good for the country. My opinion.
edit on 15-7-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Brexit is total madness to some including me but to others it is wonderful news. The trouble with the EU was they wanted to enforce their rule over our everyday lives and that is so out of touch with what we want over here in Great Britain. If Brussels had just left it as a pure economic union where things could be traded easily but where local paliaments still had control then things would have been better. But by trying to take us over and enforce their general laws on Brits then they went too far. I just pray things will be ok, maybe it is a chance to make the country a better or fairer place but with the usual folks in charge is this dream possible?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Unless the UK breaks away completely, then I don't see any good that will come from them staying in the EU.

The EU did what Hitler failed to do and not a single shot was fired.

My opinion only. Not my circus, not my monkeys, so basically, none of my business.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I missed that thread. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Is it true that rule by the EU is basically rule by un-elected officials? We fought a war over that.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Unless the UK breaks away completely, then I don't see any good that will come from them staying in the EU.

The EU did what Hitler failed to do and not a single shot was fired.

My opinion only. Not my circus, not my monkeys, so basically, none of my business.

Just my opinion.

1,000 stars to this foreigner, who knows what they are talking about.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Is it true that rule by the EU is basically rule by un-elected officials? We fought a war over that.

We did .....and we won our freedom.....

It seems there are more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes??

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The only royal opinion quoted is "It's a very complex problem".
To me, that sounds like an old hand very cagily NOT expressing an opinion. Evidently she wasn't trusting his discretion.

(In fact she's not allowed to have public political opinions. The government of the day are her "advisers" who tell her what her opinion is.
In private, when they visit the Palace, that's another matter.)

edit on 15-7-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Hi Charles, yes I believe it is true because even though we do get a vote on electing EU politicians hardly anybody votes and very few take it seriously which is a shame because over the years the Brussels has become all powerful over our lives.

It could have been so good................ Even today you can go live anywhere in the EU like you can in the USA................ A true Union. Trouble is a lot of impoverished eastern Europeans new members took advantage of this free living arrangement and many in Britain don't like it and voted us out for this very reason. Not me I voted to remain, purely in the fact that we are surrounded by the EU and they will always be our neighbour plus we are TOTALLY integrated economically into the system and we need no tariffs with our neighbours and at the same time being able to live anywhere in the EU I want.......................... Now that is gone, what a shame

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I admit I haven't read all posts in the other thread elethia kindly directed me to but you appear to be one of the few and far between that approve of staying in the EU. Is that observation accurate? Probably not? Personally, I have no stake in the issue but was curious to see if the peoples wishes still mattered to the politicians there. Evidently, from the looks of the posts in the other thread, they do not and your politics are no different than ours in that regard. It's clearly evident commoners have no real say about the institutions governing them and the actions of those institutions. Commoners are just too stupid to govern themselves, say the political elite.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The British Commonwealth, is alive and waiting , all the leaders of this arrangement are waiting patiently. During the time of Britain first joining Europe most of these countries learnt how to develop independent economies. Instead of using the UK as a processor of recourses, the members have good economies, which just need the extra organization to complete their own internal word market. Most of them still have the Queen as head of state, and a common language. Far from being a dead organization, the countries are and have been sharing educational and industrial resources. If Britain exits as planned you can guarantee far greater corporation between the existing members. That's Australia, New Zealand ,Canada , a lot of Africa which would like more economic stability, Caribbean nations etc. plus the British Overseas territories which are strategically placed on the Map. It could be an interesting new development.Not to mention India.
edit on 15-7-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Big liz stays out of stuff like that there is no way she would say anything to trump about her personal views on any given political topic.

Ohhh as for how I feel about brexit I feel like moving to Dublin.
edit on 15-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

It could have been so good................ Even today you can go live anywhere in the EU like you can in the USA....

Long before there was the EU the three children of an aunt of mine, settled in

France, Italy and Spain with their families. They had no need of the EU to do

that!!

A true Union.

A true union is that of equals The EU is not a union of equals.

Trouble is a lot of impoverished eastern Europeans new members took advantage of this free living arrangement and many in Britain don't like it and voted us out for this very reason.

Wrong..... That was only one of many reasons.

We are surrounded by the EU and they will always be our neighbour

Yes they are neighbours, and thats where they should stay!! We dont need to

be in the EU to be neighbours.

plus we are TOTALLY integrated economically into the system

Not quite .... As the second largest contributer to the EU budget THEY

NEED US. THEY NEED OUR CONTRIBUTIONS
thats their reason for not

setting the UK FREE.....

and we need no tariffs with our neighbour

Its a protectionist bloc.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Daaaang. Straight up that Nigel is. Big-Balled Brit.
It would be hard to deny Nigel's simple logic: If you're making decisions for me at the very least I want a say so in the "election."

Nigel also wasn't afraid to call out the international crime cabal either.

That's the kind of representative I want asking questions for me.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Trump = Newbie (besides I don't believe anything he says)

Queen = A Lifetime of experience & protocol (why would I believe she revealed anything to Trump?)

Trump is a business person.

Queen = A Lifetime of experience & protocol

Doing what exactly ?
Performing "Queenly" duties and tapping random kneeling fellers with a sword ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join