It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first 60 years of the industrial revolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This thread has NOTHING to do with saying they had better living conditions in pre industrialized civilization.

You read, bro? The first sentence is 'living conditions in the first 60 years of the industrial revolution' and the second paragraph of the link claims it decreased.

Hint: if something 'decreases' does it go up or down from the previous position. Even low IQ people like me know the answer.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You obviously don't get it.

Anyway. Good job.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You obviously don't get it.

Says the guy who just claimed the thread isn't what the thread is about.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

He gets it, you don't. Get it?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The above is a description of the first 60 years of the industrial revolution. It was a tumultuous time for the world and especially harsh for the worlds pore.

Clearly we are entering a similarly tumultuous time and just like the industrial revolution its likely we will emerge better for it ... but what of the first "60" years?

Who will be the skilled workers who's quality of life will decrease? Will they easily accept this lot in life or will our ever increasing idea of social justice make for even more turbulence through the transition?

Here you go genius. Why dont you try and extrapolate out on what this actually means.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'm glad your recognize my genius, it's why I'm not a debt slave busting my hump.

Here, read this:

For many skilled workers, the quality of life decreased a great deal in the first 60 years of the Industrial Revolution.

That's the crux of the Original Post for all the crybabies lamenting the glory days of yore when people had it so much better.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I guess I need to walk you through like a child when I get home.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sure, I'll catch you when me and my un-calloused hands land after the exhausting trip I need to take to San Fran for work.

I sure wish it was the good olde days when I wouldn't be able to fly in comfort and could instead take a wagon train and never get there.

edit on 16-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a demon stole it

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

This idiotic post proves my point.

You really dont understand what the OP is implying which is why you continue to repeat you wrong perspective as well as your narcissism

Its cool though. You're awesome! Dont let anybody forget either...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

We've lost our mythology as a culture. We have no sense of meaning outside of our bank account. We are a cog in a wheel. In today's culture your life has meaning based on how many dollars you produce.

In the past cultures had a mythology or spiritual sense that gave then meaning ans bonded communities together.

Now, enjoy your slavery. Work more hours son its what I had to do.

There is an effort to rewrite our entire history as a tale of White supremacy and abuse of minorities. A place where minorities were always victims, never the aggressors. Like the protests in Chicago screaming police brutality when the guy was on video trying to pull a gun on the police! But hey, let's jump on cop cars and throw stuff because we're angry. Ignore the fact that 90% of the young black men killed are murdered by other young black men. Let's blame it on Jim Crow or slavery or poll taxes.

While I agree our history certainly has it's shameful moments we still have a great history of the common people striving to build a better nation, where changes were made to be inclusive of all people - not because we were forced to but because it was the right thing to do. There is much to take pride in for being an American, we built the greatest economy in the world, saved much of the planet from Hitler and Tojo, pioneered space travel etc. I'm cognizant we once had slavery, that we massacred Sioux at Wounded Knee and passed anti-Chinese laws to keep them out of the country. Every country makes mistakes and commits immoral actions just like people do. Nobody is perfect and no nation will be either but if we can't take pride in the good we've done the future looks bleak indeed.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You really dont understand what the OP is implying...

The implication is simple, I even quoted it for you so you wont have to tl:dr.

ETA: For a slave to the system you sure have plenty of time to screw around online, progress be damned.

edit on 16-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KarmasBiatch
a reply to: Lumenari

Christ Wept. Cool..

I think your Wife is calling for you dude.

I'm a chick, first off.

Secondly, if my wife calls for me I'll see what she needs.

Third and finally, thanks for your amazing contribution to the thread!

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Interesting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join