posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:41 PM
Okay, so here's the deal...(i.e. the recipe)
(keep in mind this is an "easy" one, but it's GOOD!!)
1. 10oz sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas, and like 14oz)
2. 16oz of baby white onions (I used frozen pearl onions) (thawed)
3. 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
4. 1 Sprig of fresh Rosemary (I used two..fresh)
5. 1/4 cup cornstarch
6. 1 can Campbells Golden Mushroom soup (undiluted)
7. 1 (generous) cup Burgundy wine (I used Merlot...because you want decent wine to cook and 'burgudy' is rot gut)
- Toss the mushrooms, the pearl onions and the chicken into the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, Mix the wine and soup together and stir in the corn starch (with a wisk) until there are NO lumps.
- Pour the wine soup corn starch mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours (or low for 8-9 hours) until chicken is done and everything smells awesome.
EAT...(serve with some mashed taters, instant is fine)
P.S. ... I added a little more of the Merlot part way through to make it a little more "Vin", and it was fabulous!! (maybe a 1/4 cup or so)
edit on 7/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)