It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Stunned by School Kids' Rants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm so glad we homeschool. Radical left indoctrination by the
NEA and it's minions at work here. Pathetic! If mosques were
destroyed, it's because the terrorists were hiding out in them
and using them as fortress'. American soldiers do not target
civilians, however the INSURGENTS do. Sickening!
SOLDIER STUNNED BY LETTER KIDS' RANTS
N.Y. Post
By DAVID ANDREATTA

Excerpt

February 21, 2005 -- An American soldier overseas is fuming over
letters he received from Brooklyn middle-school children accusing
GIs of destroying mosques and killing civilians in Iraq.

Pfc. Rob Jacobs of New Jersey said he was initially ecstatic to get
a package of letters from sixth-graders at JHS 51 in Park Slope last
month at his base 10 miles from the North Korea border.

That changed when he opened the envelope and found missives
strewn with politically charged rhetoric, vicious accusations and
demoralizing predictions that only a handful of soldiers would leave
the Iraq war alive.

Rest of article

[edit on 2/21/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is disgusting!

And i thought the blind, leftist indoctrination stopped after the vietnam war??
The soldiers in iraq, bot british and Americans, did all they could to make sure that the Mosques did not get destroyed...

The fact that Islamic fundamentalists decided to use them to store weapons in, and fight from, made them genuine military targets.

I salute all and every one of the soldiers / sailors and airmen fighting out in Iraq. they are the braves, the frontline, and we can sit and type, or write bad things about them, but till you have been under fire, and lost good friends and maybe even family, i think we should salute them for what they do every day.
The war may be wrong, but their bravery is without question and should be saluted.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
FF, you are making to big of a deal out of this. It was only a few letters that said anything remotly like your accusing.

One Muslim boy wrote: "Even thoe [sic] you are risking your life for our country, have you seen how many civilians you or some other soldier killed?"

His letter, which was stamped with a smiley face, went on: "I know your [sic] trying to save our country and kill the terrorists but you are also destroying holy places like Mosques."

Most of the 21 letters Jacobs provided to The Post mentioned some support for the armed forces, if not the Iraq war, and thanked him for his service. But nine of the students made clear their distaste for the president or the war.

The boy sounds like he is supporting the soldiers, he just wants less civilian casualties. And you would be a fool to think we have not caused any casualties.

[edit on 2/21/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I read this and I cried this is !@#$ing sick I feel that the teacher of that class should be shot and hung wtf is he/she teaching our childern my friend that I grew up with died in this war it doesnt mean that I'm against this war nor totaly for it wtf were they thinking our troops are there for a reason they have to shoot kids with gun that are shooting against them because some dumbass fanatics have brainwashed their poor brains they are stressed,tired and want to come home but a job has to get done this sickens me to my very core ................
:b arf:

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Lamagraa]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Don't blame the schools blame the parents. Leftist, woolyminded, self loathing, liberal parents have leftist, wollyminded, self loathing, liberal kids.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A big deal?? A BIG DEAL??

some sicko of a teacher lets the kids write what is practically hate mail, and you say not to make a big deal over it??

Yes there are casualties, yes innocent people die, and some times the wrong people get hurt, but, and you have to remeber this, that the teachers are not there to indoctrinate, they are there to teach facts in a balanced way, which they appear not to of have.

didn't see any bit where the school kids were worried about the Army getting hurt...ooohhh no! not from the leftist wooly teachers class...no way!

This teacher should be fired.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Don't blame the schools blame the parents.

Both play a part I'm sure. The problem is that the schools
get the kids for most of their waking hours during the week.
The kids are stuck being indoctrinated all day long by whatever
wacko thought process the teacher believes (my God ... look at
Churchill!) By the time the kids get home from a long day at
school, do their homework, get ready for bed ... how much time
do the parents have for undoing the damage? Weekends is the
only 'wide awake' time the parents have with the kids, and
betchya' Saturday is taken up with sports or whatever.

Parents need to be able to spend more time with their children.

But I fully agree with you that 'leftist, woolyminded, self loathing, liberal
parents' will breed children to believe exactly what jibberish they believe.
(my inlaws are a prime example of that ) But I fear for the children of
the middle and right leaning parents. They are sent to school to learn to
read and write and count ... but instead come home proudly parroting lies
about American soldiers targeting mosques (which housed terrorists but
of course the teacher didn't teach THAT part), and targeting civilians,
and other junk.

Kidfinger - less civilian casualties is what we all want. However, teaching
children that we target civilians is an outright lie and unworthy of a school
teacher who is supposed to be above politics. The letters the children
insinuated that Americans targeted Mosques and civilians. AND the part
the teacher said about (paraphrasing) 'oh gee, were there some unkind
and untrue things said about soldiers ... so sorry ... I didn't check them
before mailing them off to American soldiers' .. that stinks to high heaven.

[edit on 2/21/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The education system in America is busted and this teacher's laziness is symptomatic of that fact. He clearly had no idea what his middle-school students thought about the war. More likely, he thought this would be a good way to keep the kids busy for an hour while he put his feet up.

Kids are not stupid and they will say what they think. It is an old Nazi plan to try to motivate troops by having groups of schoolkids write them letters. When you step back and look at it, why would a soldier need confirmation of his mission from middle-school kids? Why is he whining about this? Does he think the kids' opinions should not be heard?

Shouldn't a soldier, who is licensed by his government to kill, be able to shrug off such opinions coming from schoolkids? Does he think that American schoolkids should ALL support him?

[edit on 21-2-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
IF all you people who support this war were actually absolutly sure this was the right thing to do, then you should have no problem with people not having the same opinion as you. The letters (25 of them) was written as a social project. The teachers did NOT tell them what to write. Over half of the letters supported the troops and the president. Why dont you concentrate on that instead of the minority of letter? This is just another feeble excuse to bash someone who doesnt believe the same as you. I bet you think that if Bush wasnt in office and this war wasnt happenning, you would think that the universe would stop existing.

Please show me that conservative NeoCons have some intelligence.......because as of yet, I havent seen it.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
those letters are beautiful. they represent children exorcising thier right to free speech.

so you are so glad you home shool eh? what if your kid had the same opinion? would you censor him/her and not send the letter?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I feel for the soldier. What the heck does some snot nosed punk kid doing writing muddled thoughts like that? That little piece of dung you call a kid has absolutely ZERO idea to whats going on over there. Letters to soldiers are supposed to be encouraging. Instead, this little bastard is showing his ignorance. I hope he finds himself in war one day. Then he'll know exactly how idiotic he is.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

so you are so glad you home shool eh? what if your kid had the same opinion? would you censor him/her and not send the letter?

HEHE! doubt it. When a conservative homeschools, they attempt to show the child the right way(thier way) instead of letting the child form thier own opinions.

Edit to add:

I apologise for the previouse remark. It was uncalled for and very distastfull of me. FF, I am positive you teach you child in a manner that you feel will best benifit them I apologise for the indirect personal attack.

[edit on 2/21/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i was either gonna imply that or state it directly, but i believe that everyone gets the benefit of the doubt. i figured i would be able to infer it pretty easily from the answer so lets just wait and see...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
what if your kid had the same opinion?
would you censor him/her and not send the letter?

I teach my child the truth. Americans DO NOT target mosques
just because they are mosques. If a mosque comes down it's
because it was full of terrorists who decided to use it as a staging
area. I do not teach my child that Americans target civilians. This
is a lie.

Children only have an opinion because of what has been spoon
fed to them. Obviously these children have been spoon fed lies.

If my child wrote a letter that accused American soldiers of these
things I definately WOULD NOT send it. It would be LIES.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
When a conservative homeschools? Whats wrong with you. Children don't form their own ideas Einstien. Thats what growing up is all about. You will always be a product of your inviroment. And what makes you think these punks that are not contributing to society yet have the right to sayb such hurtful things to someone in war? Sounds like these kids(apparently from the inner city) need some real direction. Military school comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
HEHE! doubt it. When a conservative homeschools, they attempt to show the child the right way(thier way) instead of letting the child form thier own opinions.

Well kidfinger thats because we conservatives know that the more childlike the mind the more likely they are to be liberal. As a result we teach them the right way untill they are experienced enough to make up ther own minds, by which time they are smart enough to choose to be conservative.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kieser Sosay
I feel for the soldier. What the heck does some snot nosed punk kid doing writing muddled thoughts like that? That little piece of dung you call a kid has absolutely ZERO idea to whats going on over there. Letters to soldiers are supposed to be encouraging. Instead, this little bastard is showing his ignorance. I hope he finds himself in war one day. Then he'll know exactly how idiotic he is.

I feel for the soldier. What the heck does some snot nosed punk kid doing posting muddled thoughts like that? That little piece of dung you call a ats board member has absolutely ZERO idea to whats going on over there. Letters to soldiers are supposed to be encouraging. Instead, this little bastard is showing his ignorance. I hope he finds himself in war one day. Then he'll know exactly how idiotic he is.
pretty much made me feel that way about you in 10 seconds, congradulations.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!

What poor usage of the first amendment. Don't these kids know that the soldiers are dying over their to protect their constitutional rights?
How dare these kids actually use those rights! That's not what America's about.
It's about the lip-service to democracy, equal rights and patriotism...Don't these kids watch FOX news?
We need these kids taken away, their parents locked up and everybody sent to re-education camps...and quick before they infect the rest of the herd!

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'll bet they got extra credit for it, too...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Why is he whining about this?
Does he think the kids' opinions should not be heard?

He didn't say why he was 'whining' but I am sure it's for the
same reason others here are 'whining'. The letters written
by the school children contained LIES about American soldiers.
These children are being taught on tax payer money and he's
a tax payer.

Does he think the kids' opinions should not be heard? I doubt
that. First, kids don't have opinions, they just parrot what they
have been taught. Real free thinking opinions about these
things don't form until they are out of school and have life
experience. However, If he wanted the 'opinions' not to be
heard, he would have just thrown the letters away. However,
he is (justifiably) upset with the garbage in them so he is telling
people about the 'opinions'. He isn't exactly brushing them under
a rug. He's definately making sure the 'opinions' are heard.
Now we can all question WHY the children are being taught
lies and garbage instead of the truth and how to read, write,
and count.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join