It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got hepatitis b infection and it lead to idiotic things

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

I think your anger towards the Doctor is misplaced. Usually this anger is the result of our embarrassment over something we did we do not want exposed.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
No, i'm sorry, i know i have a big mouth, i continually offend people without thinking. i was angry and i'm sorry i did not mean to disrespect you like that

It was a joke, you said the other poster was mediocre, I was implying I'm even more mediocre.

Which is true.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes, I should have worded that differently. I knew that. I probably should have said the OP wasn't born recently.

Anyway, you're right. Anyway, the point was pretty much the same, that being childbirth is not something the OP would have overlooked.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, i'm sorry, i know i have a big mouth, i continually offend people without thinking. i was angry and i'm sorry i did not mean to disrespect you like that

It was a joke, you said the other poster was mediocre, I was implying I'm even more mediocre.

Which is true.

So, let me get this right, you are much more superiorly mediocre?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
This is only going one way and you just want people to tell you that you're right.

Perhaps the doctor picked up on your apprehension to minimise your infection risk, which comes over as selfish and perhaps should also be criminal.

But you're embarrassed?

I'm not embarrassed, i am angry that i'm going to lose my permit and won't be able to continue living here as i wanted because of that question, it could have been avoided asking it like that and i would not have a problem right now which i'm not easily able to fix, it completely turned my life upside down

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Why would him asking about sex have anything to do with you having a permit?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: JHumm
You know that there is a test that can tell if you have ever had sex, you should have that exam done and go back to the same doctor and then ask him how he thinks you got the Hep B .....
He probably won't have any answers for you because he already has his mind made up.
But at least your aunt will know that you are telling the truth, and maybe find a better doctor for you.
Good luck.....I so believe Hep B can live outside of the body for some time, so it isn't always contracted through sex.

But why, there should not be so much intervention if the reason was just to get me medication for this illness, anything else should not matter specially after the fact i got the illness, i just think it was unnecessary and dumb how it got handled

Nope the doctor needs a full history if you are sexually active then that opens up a whole new conversation around protection for your partners and informing them and so on.

Most 17 year old girls are sexually active and would lie about it in front of their aunts so sorry, it sucks, its embarrassing, but the doctor has to push it, they have to make sure they are giving you the correct treatment and advice.

I get why you are pissed but thats just how it is and if you Hep-B positive then I hate to break it to you but this is the kind of stuff you had better get used to.

Like i said before the problem for me is not if i did or not or if they know, it is that i won't be able to continue living on my own here because my permit will expire and then they won't help me get a new one and i will have to be removed from the country and go back home, it could have been handled better and i would not be on this mess and now i think i will lose all i tried to build for me here

In any case my life got very messed up now

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So...answer the damn question!

Was it Inter-venous drugs OR unprotected sex?????

Because, simply put, those are the ONLY two options!!!

You could have said any other Hepatitis virus OTHER than "B", but you said it, and there are only TWO options!!!

THIS is why your doctor was so direct with you!

So ANSWER the question!

Stop dodging, and using a language barrier as an excuse! Your English is fine.

Answer the question!

edit on 7/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Why would him asking about sex have anything to do with you having a permit?

I explained that, i have a permit to live here that only lasts one year, i can't get one on my own, my family has to sign for it.

They won't now because they think living on my own is allowing me to run around doing sex and drugs and stuff so now that this happened i will be removed from the country once the id expires

I guess none of this matters anymore, it is done and it is what it is now

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So...answer the damn question!

Was it Inter-venous drugs OR unprotected sex?????

Because, simply put, those are the ONLY two options!!!

You could have said any other Hepatitis virus OTHER than "B", but you said it, and there are only TWO options!!!

THIS is why your doctor was so direct with you!

So ANSWER the question!

No i did not had sex lol, i knew if i had and there was no reason to lie about it, it is simply that the way he acted made it look like he didn't believe me at all and then it just became "true"

I don't know how i got it

It doesn't matter anymore

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

So how is it the Doctors fault? The Doctor did not give you Hep B. How did you get Hep B? You getting Hep B is the problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Okay then, it was IV drugs or contact with Hep-B infected needles.

Sorry, but there are NO other options!

Oh, and it DOES matter! You know why?

Because, whatever happened others may be at risk too from the same source or from your activity.

You might not care, but the rest of society damn sure does!!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's what's odd to me, they don't want to discuss how the real problem is they have Hep B and there is a reason they have it. Like I said before, they are transferring the frustration they feel towards themselves onto the Dr.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Honestly I do feel for you sounds like a pretty horrible situation but also sounds to me like there is much more to it than you are sharing here. Which is fine, it’s your business but at the same time trying to blame this on the doctor is really just shifting the blame. Personally I think there is much more to this and you’re just looking for someone to blame, to direct your anger and frustration and it’s gone to the doctor and you have written this thread to vent about it.

You sound like you have been very naive.

Hope you sort it all out but you need to be really honest and brutal with yourself about how you got it and what to do next.
edit on 15-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Either way OP I wish you the best for sure, in your treatment and your future.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Maybe you got it from your parents and you were born with it.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I certainly hope not.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Okay then, it was IV drugs or contact with Hep-B infected needles.

Sorry, but there are NO other options!

Oh, and it DOES matter! You know why?

Because, whatever happened others may be at risk too from the same source or from your activity.

You might not care, but the rest of society damn sure does!!

Please stop harassing me, i did not do anything wrong as far as i know, i don't do drugs or have sex and if i did i would probably don't care to hide it because i am not like that

I don't know how i got it and there are other ways to get it too, i just know i have it now and can't help it

If i had something to hide would i open a thread to talk about it? This is stupid, i don't need to hide anything from anyone

youngwomenshealth.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don’t think it’s anyones business how she became infected because it could have been through a whole range of sources. Accidental exposure to dirty needles, sexual contact but it can take months for symptoms to present the OP could have gotten a tattoo or blood transfusion a few months back that caused it.

OP doesn’t seem to want to tell us or anyone else how she got it and that’s up to her, just like she is the one who has to deal with the consequences of that decision.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, let me get this right, you are much more superiorly mediocre?

I'm awesomely mediocre.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join