It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got hepatitis b infection and it lead to idiotic things

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm not sure on the code of practice in the US, though through similar conversations I'm left with the impression that issues about a minor that can be intimate or revealing are usually kept from parents or guardians.

Drug use and sexual intercourse are definitely issues that a little discretion would easily be applied to and should be. Doctors are not social workers.

The issue this young lady has is the fact the doctor talked about these things and asked questions in front of family.

I see her point.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

I think the doctor was informed prior to your appointment that your family members suspected you may be getting into some mischief... Basically, I think you got sandbagged by the doctor and your aunt.

It suck I'm sure and maybe wasn't fair... but such is life.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Your English is fine, better than many people who use it as their first language.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something though, I'm a bit slow at times... As for the doctor, yeah I totally understand your privacy issues. Personally I think it should've been handled differently, experience and knowledge tells me it should've been.
edit on 15-7-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

No disagreement, the matter could have been handled more discretely, but my point was there aren't really many 'other' questions to ask in a situation like this, so the OP should not be surprised at the line of questioning. That's all.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

originally posted by: Nickn3
Perhaps you are a pure as the driven snow. I am not to judge. Your situational irony is not lost on me.

From google:
Hepatitis B is not spread through breastfeeding, sharing eating utensils, hugging, kissing, holding hands, coughing, or sneezing. Unlike some forms of hepatitis, Hepatitis B is also not spread by contaminated food or water. Many people with Hepatitis B do not have symptoms and do not know they are infected.

I am not "pure as the driven snow" whatever that means lmfao but i can tell i know what i had done or not, i just wanted to vent a bit because now it seems like due to that stupid question that even if you answer honestly but by how it was asked it can't be interpreted other way but to say i lied now i have a very high risk of losing my way of living, that's all there is to this

All of the adults on ATS were 17 once, and we remember how a 17 year old thinks. What’s more we are collectively conspiracy theory minded people. Forgive us for being our usual selfs. We aren’t your parents and we don’t care or judge what you may have done. You have a serious medical problem. Your friends or whoever has the same problem. Please let them know.

I think your use of English as a third language is a cop out. I think you are very clear, very intelligent, and very devious. You side stepped the question of needles nicely and perhaps you haven’t had sex according to Bill Clinton’s definition. Yet everyone here knows you didn’t get hepatitis B from eating a Mexican taco. Yet taco has many definitions and you are perversely clever for such a tinder age. Your age only shows when you call people names.

By and large, there are many people on ATS who would truly try to help you to help yourself. Next time you want to rant without external inputs, just go outdoors an scream at the sky.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sorry but as someone who works in healthcare and often has to take patient histories and do assessment I totally 100% understand the doctor as bad as it might sound that doctor is just going off his previous experience. Lots of people lie when having their history taken for whatever reason and it can be deadly so unfortunately, often the task of taking a patients history can almost feel like a police interrogation.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is only going one way and you just want people to tell you that you're right.

Perhaps the doctor picked up on your apprehension to minimise your infection risk, which comes over as selfish and perhaps should also be criminal.

But you're embarrassed?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's a real bummer but you really are very sick and dangerously so. At this point, you need to concentrate on your health and keep in mind this is basically how doctors work-they usually, in my experience, do not care about discretion. They care about your health. And being so young you really need your aunt's support. The truth is whatever it is and you can deal with that later. You seem bright and now know the consequence of your actions. Sorry about the visa but just get better. Your differences with a religious family can be sorted later-or never- it's up to you.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You know that there is a test that can tell if you have ever had sex, you should have that exam done and go back to the same doctor and then ask him how he thinks you got the Hep B .....
He probably won't have any answers for you because he already has his mind made up.
But at least your aunt will know that you are telling the truth, and maybe find a better doctor for you.
Good luck.....I so believe Hep B can live outside of the body for some time, so it isn't always contracted through sex.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Hep B is an STD, there are other ways to get it, but sexual intercourse is a big one and it's FAR more infectious through sex than HIV. He didn't ask for no reason.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
You know that there is a test that can tell if you have ever had sex

You mean a pelvic exam? It really can't determine that.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You know that there is a test that can tell if you have ever had sex, you should have that exam done and go back to the same doctor and then ask him how he thinks you got the Hep B .....
He probably won't have any answers for you because he already has his mind made up.
But at least your aunt will know that you are telling the truth, and maybe find a better doctor for you.
Good luck.....I so believe Hep B can live outside of the body for some time, so it isn't always contracted through sex.

But why, there should not be so much intervention if the reason was just to get me medication for this illness, anything else should not matter specially after the fact i got the illness, i just think it was unnecessary and dumb how it got handled

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

But why, there should not be so much intervention if the reason was just to get me medication for this illness, anything else should not matter specially after the fact i got the illness, i just think it was unnecessary and dumb how it got handled

Nope the doctor needs a full history if you are sexually active then that opens up a whole new conversation around protection for your partners and informing them and so on.

Most 17 year old girls are sexually active and would lie about it in front of their aunts so sorry, it sucks, its embarrassing, but the doctor has to push it, they have to make sure they are giving you the correct treatment and advice.

I get why you are pissed but thats just how it is and if you Hep-B positive then I hate to break it to you but this is the kind of stuff you had better get used to.
edit on 15-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Because you may have infected other sexual partners and they need to understand how you became infected. It is possible you will NEVER be cured and will have Hep B for life. It's not something to be so flippant about. They would be incompetent to NOT ask you those questions.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just a FYI

- d.) Childbirth

is actually in reference to being born with it, not having children. It would mean his/her mother has Hep B and passed it to them at birth.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes and if they have had Hep B since birth then it's likely a lifetime illness and will never be cured for them.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Vector99

Yes and if they have had Hep B since birth then it's likely a lifetime illness and will never be cured for them.

Yep, and the OP stated they do indeed drink alcohol, so it's quite possible this is a lifetime illness just now showing its face due to alcohol use.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You must be the most mediocre person i have known here

Have you met me yet?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Clearly they never met me.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You must be the most mediocre person i have known here

Have you met me yet?

No, i'm sorry, i know i have a big mouth, i continually offend people without thinking. i was angry and i'm sorry i did not mean to disrespect you like that

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join