It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
you dont need masons or any one else to paint lines like this...
just the fact that you can...means something...a reason for everything and for everything a reason when you live with in this external illusion we all share.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by Tamahu
I believe it was a Prince-Hall Mason who designed D.C.

www.chaires259.com...

Benjamin Banneker, designed the nation's capital; inventor; astronomer

And yes there is quite a bit of Esoteric symbolism involved.

For one; the Phallic Obelisk, which is symbolic of the Masculine Generative Principle(Ausar, Shiva, The IOD of IOD-HE-VAV-HE, etc.)

Uuuuuhhh.. the designer of the layout of our nation's capitol is VERY well known: Pierre L'Enfant (a french mason).

Well perhaps they both did.

Or are you going to tell me something along the lines of : "A "negro" isn't capable of doing something like that" ?

You know, like the people who try to say that the Ancient Kemetians were "white".

I'm not assuming you would say something like that...

Just that it's the type of mentality that people usually have, who try to discredit; whenever they hear of a so-called black-man acheiving something.....

Peace

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Well perhaps they both did.

Or are you going to tell me something along the lines of : "A "negro" isn't capable of doing something like that" ?

You know, like the people who try to say that the Ancient Kemetians were "white".

I'm not assuming you would say something like that...

Just that it's the type of mentality that people usually have, who try to discredit; whenever they hear of a so-called black-man acheiving something.....

They did not both design it. Here's what I found on Benjamin Benneker:

"He worked with the survey team that surveyed Washington D.C. He is also noted for the first clock that was constructed in the U.S."

It has nothing to do with Benneker being black, and everything to do with the fact that L'Enfant is credited with designing the capitol in every source I've looked. It's a well-known fact that can't be easily disputed.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've heard that The Capitol's design has to do with TIME.

I didn't know that about the first clock either.....

Here are some books that ought to have some good info on this:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And did the diagonal sight lines help when Canada invaded and burned your pretty little (not yet) White House down?

Come on, thats called a cover story, if they were primarily afraid of invasion, wouldn't they have built DC up in the Mountains? Yeah...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
And did the diagonal sight lines help when Canada invaded and burned your pretty little (not yet) White House down?

Come on, thats called a cover story, if they were primarily afraid of invasion, wouldn't they have built DC up in the Mountains? Yeah...

If you would have read my post correctly, you would see that it was L'Enfant's idea to protect the city incase of invasion, long after a location was set upon. Additionally, nobody said they were AFRAID of invasion, they just wanted to be able to protect themselves incase they were.

But wait! It's all a cover-up, I forgot. Everybody's in on it and you're the only one astute enough to see it.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

What the hell are you talking about akilles?
Canada has never invaded Washington, let alone burnt down the Whitehouse. It was attacked by the British.

www.eyewitnesstohistory.com...

You claim to be Canadian yet you show a remarkable ignorance of your own history.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Its up to y'all to decide what is mystical about the following, although it is definitely hidden in Washington DCs street plan, so it is occult.

And well, the city was designed by Freemasons, so they do exhibit occult knowledge in their name sake, stone work.

Here ya go.

Look East, my Son.

Call me nit-picky but it's still not a true pentagram. Well in the structural sense yes, it's five points interconnected in the shape of a star, but the angles are all off (And I'm battin' 1.000 on the angles, huh akilles?
) and the sides of the pentagon aren't equal.

Don't you think if the Masons, who have a certain respect for geometry, would at least make it correct if it were indeed some kind of landmark or symbol? Why would they half-ass it?

[edit on 3/7/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
What the hell are you talking about akilles?
Canada has never invaded Washington, let alone burnt down the Whitehouse. It was attacked by the British.

You claim to be Canadian yet you show a remarkable ignorance of your own history.

Maybe it's wishful thinking???

[edit on 7-3-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Don't you think if the Masons, who have a certain respect for geometry, would at least make it correct if it were indeed some kind of landmark or symbol? Why would they half-ass it?

Excellent point. Don't expect an answer on this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The sides look like a 7-9-11 ratio, purely eyeballing it. Any one have the street distances between the corresponding points, to disprove a mathematical significance?

That means it consists of 5 lines, of 3 different lengths. Two that are 7 IU (imaginary units till someone measures the street), two that are 9 IU, and the one going between the widest points obviously being 11 IU.

So I guess it is up to the Freemasons to correctly interpret this for us, or is there no interpretation, and if I look any deeper, I am merely wasting time, as the street layout is purely coincidental.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The thing about Washington DC is that it is laid out in blocks/squares. Most US cities are.
When you lay these squares out in their grid formation, you can make any straight lined shape.

So coincidence? Probably. Just as you can make a rectangle, triangle, square, or any other polygon. I don't know if they ever had such a thing as an Etch-a-Sketch in the US (it was a popular kid's toy in the 70s and 80s) but the principle is the same. You could make any picture with a couple of horizontal and vertical buttons. The same goes for DC. You could literally make any straight lined picture by following the street blocks.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hey I got the priveledge to drive on that pentagram a few weeks ago. You can't tell its a pentagram on the ground though. Those little circles at its points are really there usually with nice monuments in the center. That is one beautiful city, definitely fit for a King.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
you people have no idea..
thou your ideas work for you..
only if you all knew the truth..
i swear to you all to dig deeper..
move beyond what you allready know..for what is known is beyond your knowing now.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. This has been a great read. Apparently I need to attend more meetings at Blue Lodge and Scottish Rite. I'm missing all of the satanic rituals and "Take over the world" project meetings.

You'd think a Past Master would be better informed...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooter1369
Thanks everyone. This has been a great read. Apparently I need to attend more meetings at Blue Lodge and Scottish Rite. I'm missing all of the satanic rituals and "Take over the world" project meetings.

You'd think a Past Master would be better informed...

You will find that there are some around here that believe that we don't know anything about the fraternity that we're members of....

Don't feel bad I've missed those meetings myself
*winking smiley face removed as requested to not mock and maintain harmony*

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Golfie]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Whats with the wink?
Not trying to police you, but you should remove it. It really only serves to mock the situation.

Why is it so impossible that people in Freemasonry want what is best for themselves? Only everyone else on the planet can be accused of that?

So then why wouldn't Freemasons make business deals together, due to the added trust in the relationship?

Why wouldn't Freemasons make sure their prominence is in PLAIN SIGHT for those with eyes to see?

Come on, how many people put up an arch in a city, don't even leave a plaque, just some symbolism on top of the arch, a triangle that meets in a small circle, resembling an eye on top of a pyramid???
This runs along the top of the arched doorway, but can't be seen if looking through the arch, only when looking at it from the side.

Who built this monument, in your opinion? The city of Toronto?

Thousands walk past it everyday, without thinking twice about it, its right on Yonge Street. Even more drive by without noticing.

And then you become a Freemason, and they tell you, look, bet you never saw that there before, and it is an immediate example of the 'power' that they wield.

Honestly, can someone show me a picture of the Grand Lodge of Ontario, I want to drop by.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Whats with the wink?
Not trying to police you, but you should remove it. It really only serves to mock the situation.

Winking smiley removed as requested....

Why wouldn't Freemasons make sure their prominence is in PLAIN SIGHT for those with eyes to see?

Never seen a Masonic a) ring b) bumper sticker c) sign outside a lodge d) sign on a welcoming sign entering a town/city ? Can't really say we hide now can you?

Honestly, can someone show me a picture of the Grand Lodge of Ontario, I want to drop by.

Amazing what a quick google search will do

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Golfie]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Why is it so impossible that people in Freemasonry want what is best for themselves? Only everyone else on the planet can be accused of that?

Only you could come out with such a sad statement.
There are people in this world akilles, who do worry about others. There are people who care about others. There are people who want to see a better world for all of us and our children to come.
Don't brand everyone with the same stick just because your view happens to be one of selfishness.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join