It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Tamahu, I'm curious:

What do you think of the system of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and the Rosicrucian current in general?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
yes, Tamahu, the backpacking trip most certainly made some space in my mind. It has made me slow down considerably. I have given myself the time to practice art everday, to journal, take short hikes, and to research things of interest..such as mysteries,freemasonry/masons, secret societies and speaking of using words..I just seen a workshop on 20 words that will change your world/the way you come across/people see us....
I have even been considering meditation once again, though I do wonder If I really need it, my waking life is like a meditation..I meditated everyday for many years when I was younger with some extrordinary groups of people..until I started to visulize outcomes of situations that were happening before me from time to time and a fire burned in my solar plexus and an unbending focus in a relaxed state..maybe the spirit /through me made these outcomes reality,which I just humbly accepted without question.,many other strange/out of the ordinary things have also and allways occured in my life with me,around me etc..
And one day my uncle who worked for the CIA had warned me against meditation..and I laughed at him,though at the near future I stopped meditating on a horizontal level and became a very creative individual working with nature and have done great things for the people in my community..
So that is why I am here at times,curious of the mysteries of the past/present..wanting to know why I am the way I am..why am I different and allways have been since a child..why do these things happen

one question has been and got me curious of meditation/mysteries , etc. was/is why did I grow up having out of body experiences,flying around my neighborhood watching my friends play..and as I grew older some close friends actually thought they seen me next to them for a momment..funny thing was in my mind,I was there..I imagined I was and then told SO.

aLSO I have allways believed in jesus,but not the story told to us in religion class and at the age of 7 I deeply questioned the nuns and priest.I have allways gone against the grain to some extent.

As I grew older I began to wonder what else can I do..such as live forever..If I was aware of my death could I manipulate it..

And when I meditated I wondered why did I allways vibrate..maybe it was one of the serpents rising?kundulini...why did people allways say to me it looked as if you were about ready to levitate when meditating..and so much more..

so that is why I found myself on these forums..to see what I can learn about myself/why this is all happening to me...which I still have not discovered though I am opening up to learning about myself and the world around me..mostly what we can not see.

ok,before I loose myself in my writting or any one who may be trying to follow me,I shall end my babble. and once again thank you

? can anyone try to become a freemason,does one need to be invited,have special blood,education,money?

there is a large freemason temple in the city of Troy ny. close by..since a young child looking at it as I go by has allways held my curiosity.

???one more thing..why such a question as the one in this forum...was it a non freemason who opened this up..

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Tamahu, I'm curious:

What do you think of the system of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and the Rosicrucian current in general?

The only Golden Dawn writings I really trust(that I know of), are those of William Wynn Westcott, S.L. MacGregor Mathers, and Dion Fortune.

Israel Regardie's main book on Kabbalah is probably worth having around for reference though.

I'm not at all into the teachings of A. Crowley, A. E. Waite, Francis King, the Cicero's, or really any other later G.D. writings, other than those of Dion Fortune.

As for the Rosicrucians...

...to give you an idea of what I see to be somehow genuinely connected to the true Rosicrucian ideals:

I'll certainly study the works of Sir Francis Bacon(A.K.A. Lord Verulam A.K.A. Johann Valentin Andreæ A.K.A. William Shakespeare A.K.A. Trajano Boccalini?), John Heydon, Robert Burton, Samael Aun Weor, Huiracocha, Jacob Bohme, Michael Maier, Elias Ashmole, Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Goethe, Rudolph Steiner, John Yarker, Hargrave Jennings, Eliphas Levi, Franz Hartmann, Max Heindel, Manly P. Hall and a few others.

My attitude toward some teachings is more or less neutral, such as those of Paul Foster Case, Swinburne Clymer and a couple of others.

We specifically avoid the teachings of Spencer Lewis, Aleister Crowley, Jack Parsons, Papus and a few others...

And, it is also interesting to note that Ra Un Nefer Amen is said to have once been the head of Rudolph Steiner's Anthroposophic League.

Although, if I'm not mistaken, he received the majority of his Initiatic training from a Nubian lineage that has preserved the Khemetian teachings since Ancient times.

www.rootsandrooted.org...

...Ra un Nefer Amen is Chief Priest of the Ausar Auset Society which is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York and has chapters in nearly every major city throughout the U.S. and several cities internationally. In 1985, his excellency Ra Un Nefer Amen I was enstooled as a Paramount King (Omanhene) and co-ruler of the Agogo state in Ghana, West Africa by Agogohene Nana Kwame Akuoko Sarpong. Also presented to him was the Epoh Stool, indicating his role as a leader of the Ashanti region of Ghana, West Africa...

...Again, as legend would have it, a small group of Orisa priests (Ol'Orisa) were beseeched by Kemetic Sheps (Ancestors) to assist Amen in the establishment of what most consider the only legitimate revival of Egyptian spirituality outside of the relatively underground Nubian community that survives in North Africa. They helped develop and train the core group of original Society priests.

Prior to this tradition, some say that Ra Un Nefer Amen was the former head of the Rosicrucian Anthroposophical League...

Those with Intuition should be able to see the underlying currents behind these choices of study.....

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
greenmansmind

You must have posted while I was still typing.

I'll try to reply soon.....

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Tamahu
thanks for your reply

though I have had no expectation of you or anyone replying back to me and in such brief amount of time.
I understand that is what these forums are all about.post and replies..again no expectations.

I do look foreword to any replies!.
In which I will look for at a later date and time, for my time on this computer is nearing a close on this date"1/14/07

Thank you for your time, sharing, post

The Greenman

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Israel Regardie's main book on Kabbalah is probably worth having around for reference though.

Both A Garden of Pomegranates and The Tree of Life are pretty good IMHO.

Fortune is the master, though...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Both A Garden of Pomegranates and The Tree of Life are pretty good IMHO.

Fortune is the master, though...

Dont you mean the Mistress?

But i do agree that Regardie's ToL was pretty good.. nothing earth shattering.. but a pretty good read

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I was going for the genderless version of the noun, like how people use "actor" to describe men and women in today's politically-correct world...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Our subconsciousness has with in it arcane mystical and occult knowledge in it,so why would Freemasonry not preserve it...it is a mystery tradition!,and there are many.. A spiritual secret society, the goal is the elevation of individual consciousness....the pursuit is individual and accomplished in private...not of flesh or by flesh...though society's give us like minds to be with and a true society gives us an adept, advancing in specific teaching, in a group the results can be more dramatic, swearing of oaths completes a kind of spiritual circuitry..there is more psychic energy! more focus,and tends to keep us more grounded.and it test and tries us to see if we are fit to contain the knowledge taught..

now I am unsure of what secret societys/freemasonry tecah,I only know what I have learned on my own about about my higher self and if it is anything like what secret societys contain than yes they do preserve arcane knowledge and occult and keep it secret to protect the structure of our society and its individuals..
for what I myself have learned and it being just the tip of the iceberg,I can see this knowledge being dangerous or trying to find this knowledge can be as well if your outside of a circle ..there with in the uncharted regions of the universe of our minds,sacred space between the worlds,one must be trained and disciplined..

We all contain this knowledge we must just learn to quiet our minds and see it.and have good intentions. So yes..they do contain it, though that can just be an assumption of mine, for I have none to very little learned knowledge of the societies,no experience.Thats why I am here for brief amounts of time to see if anything catches my attention..and something did just prior to writting this..someone on this forum has my last name as thier user name..a synchronicity! and I just was in Rochester NY. and on my way home I bought a book on mysteries and opened it up to see it published in Rochester VT....states apart..is there something to this,does it contain some arcane knowledge or modern knowledge of my path perhaps?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Tamahu, I'm curious:

The only Golden Dawn writings I really trust(that I know of), are those of William Wynn Westcott, S.L. MacGregor Mathers, and Dion Fortune.

I'm not at all into the teachings of A. Crowley, A. E. Waite, Francis King, the Cicero's, or really any other later G.D. writings, other than those of Dion Fortune.

As for the Rosicrucians...

...to give you an idea of what I see to be somehow genuinely connected to the true Rosicrucian ideals:

I'll certainly study the works of Sir Francis Bacon(A.K.A. Lord Verulam A.K.A. Johann Valentin Andreæ A.K.A. William Shakespeare A.K.A. Trajano Boccalini?), John Heydon, Robert Burton, Samael Aun Weor, Huiracocha, Jacob Bohme, Michael Maier, Elias Ashmole, Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Goethe, Rudolph Steiner, John Yarker, Hargrave Jennings, Eliphas Levi, Franz Hartmann, Max Heindel, Manly P. Hall and a few others.

My attitude toward some teachings is more or less neutral, such as those of Paul Foster Case, Swinburne Clymer and a couple of others.

We specifically avoid the teachings of Spencer Lewis, Aleister Crowley, Jack Parsons, Papus and a few others...

And, it is also interesting to note that Ra Un Nefer Amen is said to have once been the head of Rudolph Steiner's Anthroposophic League.

Although, if I'm not mistaken, he received the majority of his Initiatic training from a Nubian lineage that has preserved the Khemetian teachings since Ancient times.

www.rootsandrooted.org...

...Ra un Nefer Amen is Chief Priest of the Ausar Auset Society which is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York and has chapters in nearly every major city throughout the U.S. and several cities internationally. In 1985, his excellency Ra Un Nefer Amen I was enstooled as a Paramount King (Omanhene) and co-ruler of the Agogo state in Ghana, West Africa by Agogohene Nana Kwame Akuoko Sarpong. Also presented to him was the Epoh Stool, indicating his role as a leader of the Ashanti region of Ghana, West Africa...

...Again, as legend would have it, a small group of Orisa priests (Ol'Orisa) were beseeched by Kemetic Sheps (Ancestors) to assist Amen in the establishment of what most consider the only legitimate revival of Egyptian spirituality outside of the relatively underground Nubian community that survives in North Africa. They helped develop and train the core group of original Society priests.

Prior to this tradition, some say that Ra Un Nefer Amen was the former head of the Rosicrucian Anthroposophical League...

Those with Intuition should be able to see the underlying currents behind these choices of study.....

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Tamahu]

why avoid the teachings of lewis?
thank you for your help, ive been really paranoid lately that ive gotten involved in something pretty scary but now i feel calmer...

Cug

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

How odd... I agree with those picks

I'm not at all into the teachings of A. Crowley, A. E. Waite, Francis King, the Cicero's, or really any other later G.D. writings

I agree with you about the Cicero's IMHO nothing more than a rehashing of Regardie and others works. (But their book on making magical tools is pretty good) but I was wondering about your views on King and Waite? Personally I find Waite's stuff so dry it's hard to read. And for the most part King's books on Magic have more errors than you can shake a stick at (and I'm not even talking about the secret rituals)

How did Parsons get there? He is such a minor occult figure, in fact his best work is about Liberty nothing that one would normally avoid. His only magical work The Book of Babalon/The Book of Antichrist are so obscure it's sorta like avoiding American cars because of Henry J's or Nash's reputation.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Widow's son...fatherless

Looking in the door of death while being alive. Seeing under this masked veil. Adam and Eve; there is a passage of becoming one like God, once looking.

There is a difference between faith and truth yet both right, yet both incorrect to each other.

Originally posted by akilles
Don't forget a good dose of Gnosticism.

I worship my Father in Heaven, and Freemasons worship the God of their Fathers. Hmmm....

Easy to assume its the same, isn't it.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join