It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sebatwerk,

You never like any books I read, can you please suggest some good ones?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Number One assumption:

True knowledge can be lost.

Number two assumption:

True Wisdom can be forgotten.

It is only necessary to believe these assumptions if you think that average people were ignorant, and wished to destroy those who lived a wise life, and in fact, wished to destroy those who attempted to impose their wisdom on their government (be it Monarchy, or Queen worship, etc.) .

This is unfortunately consensus reality, while the un-manipulated truth lies closer to the fact that the controllers who knew of the existence of wisdom that people could learn for themselves, they sought to drive people away from this 'divine' wisdom, in effect setting themselves up as the obstacles along the path.

Because, from the eyes of the occult, all obstacles are necessary. Man needs to be truly tested to see if he is truly worthy of the wisdom he has acquired.

Thus, in the times of the Inquisition it was wise to play dumb, not because the people by and large were ignorant, but because the test of THAT time was to see if people could figure it out for themselves. There were no forms of mass communication, and to have someone on a street corner decrying the Church or government be allowed to continue was not only unthinkable, but it was necessary to use force against them, for the creation of history.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by akilles]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
You never like any books I read, can you please suggest some good ones?

Hehehe that's not true! I just don't like those two authors. I have not read Book of Hiram, only the Hiram Key and Turning the Hiram Key, and did not like either one bit.

"The Craft and its Symbols" from Macoy Publishing is a good study of esoteric Craft Freemasonry.

Mackey's "The History of Freemasonry" is also a great book, though lengthy if you get the version with multiple volumes.

There are several threads here on ATS where we discuss the various masonic books and their validity. Do a search for "freemasonry books" or something along those lines.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Get the "Little Book of Freemasonry".

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Get the "Little Book of Freemasonry".

That's actually a GREAT book on Freemasonry! It doesnt go in-depth into esoteric Freemasonry, but discusses the different theories on the origins of freemasonry, freemasonry today, etc etc. GREAT book!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks very much I will look into those books. Reading I find is better than using the web.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a suggestion.....

theres certain people on this forum that would it would be better to ignore than to argue with...

this started off as a very interesting andf worthwhile discussion, but by the 2nd page the mason v.s. anti-masons squabble posts outnumbered the intelligent discussion posts...

you have to dig thru all this childish crap to find the posts that are on topic and constructive...

it all reduces the enjoyability and purpose of this forum...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
innate knowledge is never lost or forgotton..
the universe hears what we ask for...ask and you shall recieve..though be clear in what you ask for..for the way you ask..shall be the way your recieve...its not that we should be careful of what we wish for but how we wish for it...attention to the details..

we attract what we find..

there are no secrets....knock and you shall find...when your ready with in..
greenmans mind

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Modulok
theres certain people on this forum that would it would be better to ignore than to argue with...

this started off as a very interesting andf worthwhile discussion, but by the 2nd page the mason v.s. anti-masons squabble posts outnumbered the intelligent discussion posts...

Actually, if you read the replies from the Freemasons, you can find a wealth of information regarding correct and true info, as well as rebuttals, facts and links to proof that shows that these silly claims made by anti-masons are nothing more than fanciful stories. Take the time to sort through the frustration, it really might be worth it

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have learned a lot from Walter Leslie Wilmhurst's book "The Meaning Of Masonry", originally published in 1922. W.L.W. was a British Mason of high regard, who shows the true path of regeneration for those Masons who would strive to achieve "a quality of life previously unexperienced."

The contents reveal the following:

Intro: The Position and Possibilities of the Masonic Order

Chapter I: The Deeper Symbolism of Masonry

Chapter II: Masonry as a Philosophy

Chapter III: Further Notes on Craft Symbolism

Chapter IV: The Holy Royal Arch

Chapter V: The Relation of Masonry to the Ancient Mysteries

He explains in plain laguage how a Master Mason begins his quest as a natural man, and through the disciplines taught by the rituals, can become a "regenerated perfected man".

He is taught through the levels of E.A., F.C., and then M.M. to 1) purify and subdue his sensual nature, 2) to purify and develop his mental nature, and finally, 3) rise from the dead (no, not physical death!!) a just made man, ready as an instrument to be used by the Great Architect to rebuild the Temple of fallen humanity.

Mr. Wilmhurst further explains that this enlightenment and illumination (and thus evolution of man to superman) was the real purpose of the Ancient Mysteries, and to join the Craft for any other purpose was to misunderstand its true meaning.

For those interested in such esoterica, he mentions what to me sounds like the old "firing of the chakra's" (a.k.a. "Kundalini awakening", "Solar Fire" etc. etc.). He explains that such a man's body and mind have become sublimated and expanded to a condition that is "immensely" in advance of average humanity.

But he points out that the Master Mason knows how to handle these energies (are these the "seething energies of Lucifer" mentioned by Manly Palmer Hall?). He also points out that [these] energies, if applied by an "unfaithful initiate" can be turned and perverted to unholy, demonaical, astral and dangerous uses!

The Chapter V section on the relation to the the Ancient Mysteries doesn't really go in depth into Sacred Geometry and such, but explains that the Craft is a rudimentary modern day version of the Mysteries, mostly focused on the translations (of them) coming out of Greece and Palestine. He mentions Plato's "Phaedo" as a book that every diligent student of Masonry should read.

I also recently read "Turning the Hiram Key", and although it was an OK read, the rituals talked about would have seemed like foolishness to me if I hadn't studied and understood what they are really meant to convey by the allegory and symbolism used to keep the higher meanings from those who would but profane the secrets contained therein.

BTW, the Wilmhurst book is an easy read (216 pages, large type).

ars longa, vita brevis!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Again I read that only 5% of free masons actually know what is really going on..the arcane knowledge that the society preserves..

why is it that even a high degree freemason is kept in the dark of what is real.
it is as if there is a curtain and you open it to see and then there is another and another.
I have learned much on my path..though I still use my time at times to be curious about this dilema.
A answer that seems to keep coming to me is that only 5% understand because the other 95% sees the truth as being to absurd/abstract..but maybe this is what the elitist really want.

will anyone tag along on this..

etheric knight

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The "Only the 5% of Masons knowing the truth" thing is a misconception.

Esoterically it is true, in a symbolic sense.

People get that from the Nation of Gods and Earths, who say that the 5% know the Truth, the 10% conceal it, and the 85% are ignorant of it.

In that symbolic sense, various Lodges have members of the 5, 10, and 85 Percent.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Let me correct myself.

The teaching is originally from the Supreme Wisdom Lessons of the Nation of Islam.

The Nation of Gods and Earths calls the Supreme Wisdom Lessons: the 120 Lessons.

This thread may be helpful:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thank you Tamahu

thats what my higher self was telling me..thank you for the links.
You seem familar to me..I have not been around a computer in over 8 months took a half year to backpack the Appalachian trail.and I left off on this topic, the last I used the computer.

possibly you were around when I was making a bunch of noise and stirring things up..maybe it was you who had sent me lines upon lines of information you pasted..

do you oversee all the post on freemasonry?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
so it has nothing to do with the intellect?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
that cant be totally true..there has to be deep intellect and experience

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
Again I read that only 5% of free masons actually know what is really going on..the arcane knowledge that the society preserves..

Well, all of the active Masons know what is "really going on". The question is not whether they know about, or even if they really understand it, but: do they care?

From my experience, 95% do not. No one is keeping them in the dark but themselves.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
thank you masonic light

at times my mind works on overdrive and complexes things,when all in all its so simple..
now what you had mentioned...not caring.now that makes much more sense to me.
seems to be the dilema of the ages,not caring..being overly simple

thank you
greenmans etheric side

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
possibly you were around when I was making a bunch of noise and stirring things up..maybe it was you who had sent me lines upon lines of information you pasted..

Yeah that was me.

I tend to get carried away sometimes.

But at the very least, even though I'm full of ego like most of the rest of us, consider carefully that what I post is not of any kind of harmful teaching(well, most of us are often mistaken people with honest intentions; the intentionally-evil person is probably very rare).

This is why it is best to learn the Science of Meditation, so that we can confirm things directly(Gnosis), and not be stuck on concepts, theories, etc.

But intellectual study is helpful too, so that we can better-comprehend what we are seeing in the Internal Worlds during states of Meditative-Ecstasy.

Meaning that the Meditative state is not of the mind; but at the same time, when the Essence returns from the state of Samadhi to the personality, our mind can obtain the information received during our Meditation and put it to positive use in our daily action.

Or rather that our mind can be put to use by the Spirit, symbolized by Jesus Christ(the Spirit) riding on top of the clumsy ass(the mind) on Palm Sunday.

But many of us would foolishly have the donkey dominate our Inner-Jesus!!!

How absurd is that?

But obviously the majority don't allow the Spirit to direct the conduct of their mind, and so we just have a bunch of clumsy asses wandering about, with no Jesus to direct them(thus all the violence in this world).

www.aasorlando.org...

Avoiding and resolving conflicts is one of the chief functions of Tehuti, the faculty of wisdom. It is the total antithesis of the intellect. While the latter derives its information from Man's worldly experiences, the wisdom faculty gets its knowledge from God dwelling in Man's spirit. In other words, for wisdom to manifest itself, we must shut down our intellectual and imaginative thought processes, in order to receive the intuition from God, dwelling within. In this state where there are no thoughts, consciousness enters into the same state of Hetep (Nirvana) as described by the ogdoad.

There are, therefore, no thoughts as in the syllogistic logical process that we can follow

© Ra Un Nefer Amen

A very difficult part about the control of ones body, speech, and mind; is knowing when to say(or quote) what at the right time.

Gaining control of ones tongue is one of the most difficult aspects of the Path.

On controlling one's tongue

"It is stated that silence is golden; however it is better to state that: It is wrong to speak when one should be silent, as well as to be silent when one should speak!"

This is also an excellent teaching:

The Importance Of What We Say, and How We Say It...

A teaching I need much work on it looks like...

do you oversee all the post on freemasonry?

No.

Far from it actually.

There are very many Masonry threads that I do not participate in.

Especially the pretty-much-useless Mason VS anti-Mason mud-slinging contests.

Regards

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
And I take it that your half-year backpacking trip cleared your mind some, I hope?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join