It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
G.

Stop really stop.

What are you trying to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
HEY SNEARK THINK I SHOULD TRY HOOKED ON PHONICS

No Greenie, I was thinking more along the lines of you trying Thorazine.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i AM amusing myself
needed to find ways to lighten up,lost a new fish in my tank to the powers of transformation,hanging out on these sites from time to time enlightens me.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i dont touch chemicals i am organic and live very close to the earth/nature.
no thorazine needed..thou it seems like it should be added to prichoppers food..
not one person that i know,would never think such a thing as you did.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The Freemasons have done their part to preserve some wonderful arcane knowldge. Much of modern ceremonial magic comes from former Masons, who, along with some of the things in their order, went on their own to study, collect, and preserve secrets that otherwise brutish Christian Inquisition Thugs would have trampled on or destroyed.

However, I dont believe the Masons themselves exist to collect occult secrets, I think more or less, the order seems to instil a sense of justice and curiosity that expands their understanding and appreciation of all things, and thus, they are more than likely out of moral duty, to collect and protect some wonderful things.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
about time..something intelligent..that had to be one of the best,i could not have put that better nor would want to.
if i would it would just seem like a ridule,
some things are best not understood.thats were the secrets fit in..really no secrets,you just dont understand..
perhaps i am just trying to be of some help in my offbeat out of context ways,there is a reason for it and some day it may be understood.when you are ready.
well that was a great peice above,i needed that fix.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
i dont touch chemicals i am organic and live very close to the earth/nature.

I GET IT! MUSHROOMS! Organic!

no thorazine needed..thou it seems like it should be added to prichoppers food..

Forsooth! Thou hast saidest it, henceforth shalt it be! Prichoppers for EVERYONE! (Take TWO, they're small)

not one person that i know,would never think such a thing as you did.

neither would no person that I know never think such a thing as I did. No? Never!
..that's why I had to think of it for them.

Here's something organic for you

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 20-3-2005 by senrak]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
thank you very much,i deeply appreciated that bit of information.'
my family just happens to be from Wales.
I also took some nutritional healing/dietetics courses and also food preperation in college,on the side.
i love to prepare food for the soul

peace be with you

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"Christian Inquisition Thugs"

Yeah, the same people who were suppressing Native and Indiginous spiritual knowledge the world over, were actually THE SAME PEOPLE who held on to those tidbits of Ceremonial Magick you hold so dear.

Its called two arms of the same beast. Problem-Reaction....- Solution. Problem, we need to justify having secret societies with hidden knowledge, where we keep the 'truth' away from even the most dedicated members for YEARS at a time.
Reaction, establish the Inquisition and other type witch hunts, that give people the impression (through force, of course) that if they worship anything other than Christianity they will be found, and punished.
This of course, leads one to assume that NO ONE is worshipping anything other than Christ, or they would be caught, but IN FACT, it was the highest members of those who ORDERED the Inquisition who were the Satan Worshippers. Think about it, demanding torture of innocent men.
It was purely an exercise in producing fear (and some died, but the ends justified this), or what we call now a healthy Fear of God.

The Occult was never going to die, only its most truthful, benificial to all Mankind aspects were lost, or destroyed.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
we should not be god fearing
i laugh at the idea.

men can become gods
why fear that,step outside the box

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wow Akilles actually said something that I found Insightful - I am Surprised!

I wonder if most people realize that if it wasn't for Islamic Mysticism most knowledge of Jesus Christ would have been Lost (The Original Judaic Christians were wiped out by the Romans in War after all)! Europe went through a "Dark Age" Indeed. It was when these Islamic Academics came over & brought their Knowledge (Modern Math & Writing for example) with them - this is when the Situation Improved - Post Inquisition)! This container for "Hermetic Knowledge" is what Sparked the Renaissance - for which we should all be grateful! To be fair the same Ancient Knowledge was indeed preserved in Latin - it is just that the Vatican wanted to Monopolize it - to give them Vast Power over the Peasantry (Sounds Familiar no?)! For a long time simply Reading the Bible (by the Laity) for oneself was FROWNED upon by the Priesthood! Is it not Ironic how the tables have now turned - now the Modern "Christian" WESTERN WORLD seems to be the Advanced Civilization & Islam seems to be experiencing a "Dark Age"!

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Europe went through a "Dark Age" Indeed. It was when these Islamic Academics came over & brought their Knowledge (Modern Math & Writing for example) with them - this is when the Situation Improved - Post Inquisition)! To be fair the same Ancient Knowledge was indeed preserved in Latin - it is just that the Vatican wanted to Monopolize it - to give them Vast Power over the Peasantry Is it not Ironic how the tables have now turned - now the Modern "Christian" WESTERN WORLD seems to be the Advanced Civilization & Islam seems to be experiencing a "Dark Age"!

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

It sounds like the Islamic Academics came over just in time for the inquisition, talk about bad timing.....
My reading tends to support the idea that the higher math and ancient philosophy that entered Europe was garnered by way of loot and pillage during the crusades. Much of it coming from Moorish libraries in Spain, and more coming from Byzantium, and the Holy Land. I wonder if the military victories by the Christian world over the last few centuries has any thing to do with the present 'turning of the tables'?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You mean America has turned in Babylon, and Babylon (iraq) has turned into, well... The lack of civilization?

Very apt analogy, more so than most would admit. In fact, if one looks at society by a slightly different light, we can see that the world is in fact a spiritual replica of those decadent days.

"There was a temple in Babylonia where every female had to perform once in her life a (to us) strange act of religion: namely, prostitution with a stranger. The name of it was Bit-Shagatha, or, "The Temple," the "Place of Union."

One night stand? Alright.

The words expressive of "sanctuary," "consecrated," and "Sodomite," are in the Hebrew essentially the same.

We also find that "holy women" is a title given to those who devote their bodies to be used for hire, the price of which hire goes to the service of the temple in Greece and Italy of classic times.

Prostitutes, check.

The Babylonian cult of personal freedom, and sexual promiscuity, alive and well! I am not against FREEDOM, just looking at what has been done in the name of so-called freedom, you know, bombing 21 different countries since WWII for not agreeing with the USA's views of freedom!

On a relatively unrelated note:
I am sorry to say, that the term "guilt by association" may have been falsely made into a negative catch-phrase by 'them' in the United States and in the media since the time of Senator Joseph McCarthy, however, the truth is, you REALLY had better be careful about what associations you make, because, until you have done the proper research, you never know what energies you are bringing upon yourself for asserting a connection to a potentially evil organization, or even, individual.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by akilles]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Quote: "Moorish Libraries in Spain."

Correct!!
The Moors were Arab Moslems BTW!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Don't get on your high-horse SS! I feel quite certain he didn't MEAN to and if you ask nicely, he probably won't do that again.

Regards

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Don't get on your high-horse SS! I feel quite certain he didn't MEAN to and if you ask nicely, he probably won't do that again.

Regards

This is necessary?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Regards

This is necessary?

Well. Technically, no. Sorry. I was just hoping he'd get the hint and go away. I know..I know...

...but I can hope!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is necessary?

Well. Technically, no. Sorry. I was just hoping he'd get the hint and go away. I know..I know...

...but I can hope!

Well work with me here please.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The point I was making is that the knowledge wasn't so much brought by the academics, as seized by the Crusading armies. Then the texts were translated by Christians and trickled into the rest of Europe.

Quote: "Moorish Libraries in Spain."

I wonder if most people realize that if it wasn't for Islamic Mysticism most knowledge of Jesus Christ would have been Lost (The Original Judaic Christians were wiped out by the Romans in War after all)! Europe went through a "Dark Age" Indeed. It was when these Islamic Academics came over & brought their Knowledge (Modern Math & Writing for example) with them - this is when the Situation Improved - Post Inquisition)! Moors were Arab Moslems BTW!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Quote: "as seized by the Crusading Armies. Then the texts were translated by Christians and trickled into the rest of Europe."

Again Correct - I agree with you! Hence we have the
Priestly "Knights of the Temple"! But again just who did they "Seize" this Ancient Knowledge from anyhow (Hint: Arab Islamic Mystics)! Just were did they get the Knowledge to expand their "Alchemic Craft"? Were did the Arab Moslems get the Knowledge of Alchemy from themselves?

Hint: Al - *KHEM* - y!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join