It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The World Be Worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Do you think the world would be even worse if Iron Maggie had been in charge of the UK whilst Bush was in power?
Blair may kiss his a**e, but would maggie have backed him all the way on issues like Iran/NK/Syria and sent our troops to help???
Maggie took no s**t from any country. (Remember the Falklands).
She also warned Saddam that British forces would go tactical Nuclear in the event of chemical/biological weapons being used! Does that mean she would be preparing to go to nuclear war with Iran/NK?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Do you think the world would be even worse if Iron Maggie had been in charge of the UK whilst Bush was in power?
Blair may kiss his a**e, but would maggie have backed him all the way on issues like Iran/NK/Syria and sent our troops to help???
Maggie took no s**t from any country. (Remember the Falklands).
She also warned Saddam that British forces would go tactical Nuclear in the event of chemical/biological weapons being used! Does that mean she would be preparing to go to nuclear war with Iran/NK?

If 'Maggie' was in power now the world would be very different, Britain would have moved closer to America and further from Europe, Britain would have sided with America more easily and Britain would have put more into the war effort, we would have spent alot more on weapons etc.....to be honest the 'no crap' approach she took to most things would have meant the middle east would have been in a worse state.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Do you think we should have moved closer to the US and further from Europe???

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Do you think we should have moved closer to the US and further from Europe???

I think Britain is in a very difficult situation, we need bothEurope and America.
I think we should remain directly imbetween the two, Britain should be Europes link to America and Americas link to Europe.

Taking sides as some people want is a very very bad idea.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I think we should remain directly imbetween the two, Britain should be Europes link to America and Americas link to Europe.

Couldnt agree more. Piggie in the middle to the US and Europe.
We shouldnt give up everythhing to Europe so we can stay good friends with America, but we shouldnt give up everything for America and risk falling out with Europe.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Couldnt agree more. Piggie in the middle to the US and Europe.
We shouldnt give up everythhing to Europe so we can stay good friends with America, but we shouldnt give up everything for America and risk falling out with Europe.

I think the best place to build links between Europe and America would be the UN.

The EU in its current state is only going to cause more trouble for trans-atlantic links, I think the way forward is to solve our problems around the discussion table otherwise this dislike is going to cause major problems.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Dislike amongst who???
Europe and the US?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Dislike amongst who???
Europe and the US?

Yup, European countries such as France are beginning to have a growing dislike of America due to the Bush administration, if we're not careful it could drift into international policy, for example France could decide that the war on terrorism is not a issue they want to fight side by side with America.

Many countries need a kick up the arse to get them thinking.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

France are beginning to have a growing dislike of America due to the Bush administration

Do you think France will view the war on terror any differently once Bush has gone? Or if Kerry had won!

One more thing, totally off subject but what is France's view on Iran/N.Korea?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Do you think France will view the war on terror any differently once Bush has gone? Or if Kerry had won!

France doesn't like been told what to do (fair enough) Bush see's America as the greater country, he believes America leads the world, a trait which France really hates.
I think when Bushs term is over the international community will work together better.

One more thing, totally off subject but what is France's view on Iran/N.Korea?

Don't know really, I think their taking a watch and wait approach.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Bush see's America as the greater country, he believes America leads the world, a trait which France really hates

I think France is wrong here. (Which i usually do)
I think America does lead the world, and in almost all aspects i dont think its a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I think France is wrong here. (Which i usually do)
I think America does lead the world, and in almost all aspects i dont think its a bad thing.

America does indeed currently rule the world (in a aspect) but i think that will only lead to it isolating itself in the future.
Each country has a part to play, yes even France
, we need to work as a international community rather than as individual countries trying to battle the threat in a loosely linked effort.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

we need to work as a international community rather than as individual countries

But will France put the past with the US behind them and let us all work together?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

But will France put the past with the US behind them and let us all work together?

It's people would, but I think the Government would have a some difficulties letting the past (Bush) go.
Its often the populations that forgive and forget, but its the Governments that dislike each other and cause the problems.

top topics

join