It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I just got me a pellet grill...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This one, I think...(It's used...got it from a coworker who is moving out of state and cannot take with...):

Pit Boss 700FB

Just got it Thursday and so far I have smoked some chicken wings (excellent, by the way!) and cooked some cheddar brats on it. Must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the easy way it cooks. It's like a smoky oven outside

I've had plenty of experience with smoking on a kettle and an offset smoker. This is my first foray into pellets. My next try will be b aby backs.

I will then move on the the illusive brisket...never done a brisket before...

Any tips and/or tricks?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'll take a ribeye.

Medium Well, and baked potato please.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My experience with a grill/smoker and a brisket!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I only know pellet stoves. And that it's much easier to sleep a night when you can pour a bag of pellets in to keep warm...as opposed to getting logs...

If just for cooking...f. you man! figure it out!
edit on 7/14/2018 by Admitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Geez, now my mouth is watering. Damn you! But thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Just wait till the kids experiment with pouring rabbit feed pellets into the pellet hopper....

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ribeye you wanna cook HOT and FAST, so I'd go with standard gas grill cranked all the way up. Tenderloins, now that contraption there is the way to go.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4

Any tips and/or tricks?

Try putting spices (in whole unground/not-powdered form) into the hopper thingamajig.

Do jerk chicken (sauce marinade soaked and under the skin, but take whole allspice + cloves, then crush nutmeg & cinnamon sticks into form, fresh thyme stick chopped to size, wet them with water real good and strain just before loading into the hopper... and taste the jerk all the way to the bone.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

When I was looking for a grill a few months ago for the summer, I was seriously considering the pit boss 800 just because it's big enough to cook a turkey. And just for future reference, if you ever buy a pellet grill, the smoker box's on ANY pellet grill are made by only two companies so the only thing you look for is the gauge of steel, make sure it's thick enough, Pit Boss's have pretty thick steel. Anywho, I never did get one, I just got a propane grill because you cant sear a steak with a pellet grill, dont get me wrong, food is very tasty from one, I may still get one in the future. But they are good grills!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

Is this what I think? Did you just tell the OP to F... off for no apparent reason?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have a smoker/grill and I can use it to cook like this oven does. I use pieces of firewood in mine though, or can even use charcoal in the main grill instead of using the firebox. I just don't like the price of those pellets, I can get a pickup load of maple hardwood flooring clippings for five bucks, that can bbq every day for a whole summer.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
How does it makes the flames:

WTF ads in the video that is an ad!
edit on 15-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Is this what I think? Did you just tell the OP to F... off for no apparent reason?

It is. I did.

I'm sorry it isn't apparent. I did my best.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

was wondering the same...

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's got this metal plate that slides away from over the burner cup for searing and whatnot

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It is. I did.

I'm sorry it isn't apparent. I did my best.

May I politely ask, why?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Alcohol. My bad, not alright.

But it's a stove, you can cook on it, it's not particularly interesting. Still I should just keep my fingers from moving.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlesT

Alcohol. My bad, not alright.

But it's a stove, you can cook on it, it's not particularly interesting. Still I should just keep my fingers from moving.

LOL, oh, the good ole mind altering alcohol, It's actually quite funny now that it's the alcohol, nice to see you have some integrity and owned up to it lol. You're like "Sorry, that was my other self named alcohol, he can be an a*ss sometimes, OH, and my fingers can be a b*itch too" lol
edit on 15-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
pellet smokers are awesome. great for cold smoking, like bacon. I use a kamado and struggle to keep coals alive once i get it below 200.

but man can i turn out a killer pork shoulder or brisket.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join