It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador in talks to evict Julian Assange, its ‘stone in the shoe’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Pardon him and let him see sone sites before sending him first class to wherever he wants to go.

There have to be charges before there can be a pardon, don't there?

Or is it just "I pardon Julian for anything he ever did. But he didn't help get me elected."

edit on 7/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There have to be charges before there can be a pardon, don't there?

Or is it just "I pardon Julian for anything he ever did. But he didn't help get me elected."

So then technically he has no charges in the US and he can go there without fear of being arrested? Yet Sessions said Assange is priority for arrest... It's all unclear to me.

It wouldn't make a difference anyway, he has a warrant out for his arrest in the UK.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I say let him go-his six year stint in the embassy is punishment enough.

I don't believe the US want him as a prisoner, they want him as a ally and it's no a rare event for the brass to employ criminals slash consultants. But then again this is Julian Assange-a man who promises dragons but delivers duck eggs. Has any of his bold revelations come into fruition? He has been rendered useless, all he is now is a poster boy despite the many folk who work on wikileaks that do the heavy lifting.

In the end Assange won't be idolized or fondly remembered-he will be just another hacker whose only claim to fame was crashing on the couch of the Ecuadorian embassy for six years.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The warrant out of the UK is solely for jumping bail. He tried to argue that since Sweden dropped the arrest warrant the UK should as well. Apparently he is not comprehending how laws work but I digress.

As for being booted out of the embassy that was only a matter of time. What he was doing in the embassy was violating diplomatic agreements IE using an embassy for acts that are incompatible with diplomatic missions.

The charges in Sweden, contrary to what people claim, did not go away. The prosecutor simply suspended the investigation until such time as Assange can be properly interviewed (and by properly I mean not on foreign soil where Sweden has no jurisdiction).

As for the US I really do wonder where people get the insane notion that the 1st amendment some how makes them immune from prosecution when they violate federal law. Even the journalists involved with the Pentagon papers were charged although the prosecutor made a technical error and the charges were dropped but not refiled.

The 1st amendment allows the media to go after the government without repercussions. It doesnt allow them immunity when printing classified information.

Julian assange is NOT a US citizen nor has he stepped foot in the USA so how can he have committed a US crime?

It would be like the UK trying to get some ATS gun nut in America extradited for breaking our firearms law.
edit on 15-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

He received stolen US government property.
He received classified material.
He distributed classified material.
He assisted Manning in bypassing security measures to send the info out of the military facility he was stationed at.

Your comparison is off. Gun ownership in the US is legal. Now if a US citizen were to dismantle a firearm, disguise it to bypass security measure at a UK port of entry then you would have a comparison.

and in that example the US citizen could be extradited to the UK for violating their laws on weapons. They could also be charged in the US for violating our weapons laws.
edit on 15-7-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Trump ought to let him live at Mar a Lago.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: DieGloke

He received stolen US government property.

Then charge the people who stole it.

He received classified material.
He distributed classified material.

So?
He's is not a US citizen so owes the US no loyalty and nether has he signed any NDA.

He assisted Manning in bypassing security measures to send the info out of the military facility he was stationed at.

Manning committed the crime, punish him......o wait you did before Obama pardoned him.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I wouldn't pardon him either.
Let him go take care of those rape allegations first.

The rape allegations have all been dropped. Its a farce its make belief.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He received stolen US government property. He received classified material. He distributed classified material. He assisted Manning in bypassing security measures to send the info out of the military facility he was stationed at.

Yes many news papers have published classified information in the past. Do you think they should be prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
... Yet Sessions said Assange is priority for arrest...

And when was the last time anything Sessions said amount to something. The guy is completely useless.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This guy is in serious trouble. His problem is that everybody with any power doesn't like him.

Manning got sympathy, but this guy has burned too many britches. Everybody wants a piece of him now, even Mueller.

He helped Trump get elected but Trump seems to have abandoned him.

nypost.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

They did and Manning was sent to prison until obama commuted its sentence.

So?
He's is not a US citizen so owes the US no loyalty and nether has he signed any NDA.

and yet he received classified US material in violation of US law. His nationality is not relevant to the law in question that he violated.

Manning committed the crime, punish him......o wait you did before Obama pardoned him.

and under US law, in addition to the espionage statutes Assange violated he conspired with a 2nd person to obtain the info and did so directly by supplying the technology to avoid military censor system. Conspiracy is a crime under US law.

Now do you have a legitimate argument based on facts or are you going to stick to ignorance in how laws of nations work?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

He received stolen US government property. He received classified material. He distributed classified material. He assisted Manning in bypassing security measures to send the info out of the military facility he was stationed at.

Yes many news papers have published classified information in the past. Do you think they should be prosecuted.

If the printing of the classified info doesnt expose corruption / law violations then yes, they should be prosecuted. If the classified material they publish in fact exposes corruption / illegal acts then no, they should not be prosecuted and anyone who blew the whistle should not be prosecuted.

With that said Wikileaks does not make the distinction and that's the problem. As I said its one thing to publish classified material that shows corruption / illegal acts. Its something else entirely when that relevant info is the buried under 100's of thousands of classified material thats shows absolutely no wrong doing / corruption / illegal acts.

When you do that you move beyond whistleblower and publisher and into the realm of criminal and a danger to national security.

The 1st amendment does not grant immunity to the press for illegal actions. As a matter of fact the 2 reporters in the pentagon papers incident were actually charged with disclosing classified material. Thru an error by the prosecution the charges were dismissed without prejudice and the /DOJ opted not to refile the charges.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This guy is in serious trouble. His problem is that everybody with any power doesn't like him.

Manning got sympathy, but this guy has burned too many britches. Everybody wants a piece of him now, even Mueller.

He helped Trump get elected but Trump seems to have abandoned him.

nypost.com...

He didnt help Trump get elected. Ironically the part everyone overlooks is the documents wikileaks released werent doctored. So in essence Assange released the truth about Democrats using their own words against thm however a lot of voters who voted for Obama both terms voted for Trump because they did not like nor trust Clinton. She lost enough support of those who voted for Obama that allowed Trump to win.

Even if wikileaks didnt release the documents I still believe Clinton would have lost.
edit on 17-7-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

So?

and yet he received classified US material in violation of US law. His nationality is not relevant to the law in question that he violated.

and under US law, in addition to the espionage statutes Assange violated he conspired with a 2nd person to obtain the info and did so directly by supplying the technology to avoid military censor system. Conspiracy is a crime under US law.

Now do you have a legitimate argument based on facts or are you going to stick to ignorance in how laws of nations work?

USA law can go # itself.

Like many I would gladly conspire to help Assange escape American jack boots.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So?

USA law can go # itself.

Like many I would gladly conspire to help Assange escape American jack boots.

A well, thought out, response.

/end sarcasm.

Whatever works for you. It doesnt change what I said or what Assange did.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The English have first dibs.

Looking at the current GB v US relations ... I'm thinking
they may suggest that you " pound sand " ...

Just sayin'. 😎

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If thats what does it for you go for it. It takes a special kind of person to argue a case against a free press and good journalism. Thats where you come in .44

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why would Ecuador evict Julian Assange, after helping him to become a Pro-EU government propaganda artist ?
edit on 24-9-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join