It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman disappears after throwing ink on poster of Chinese president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't care?

Did I say that?

No, I said it.
My bad

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Tactics.

Right.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't care?

Did I say that?

No, I said it.
My bad

*shrugs*

Free speech!

Isn't that what this thread is about?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage be intelligent. You are not good at funny.

on topic:
I wonder what will happen to the others who threw ink on the poster in solidarity. What would China do if its government made them disappear as well?

What if someone else made them disappear, Chinese mini revolt?
edit on 7 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"China on Friday urged the United States not to set itself up as a "human rights judge" and denounced the U.S. Treasury Department for punishing a Chinese public security official for alleged rights abuses.

Gao Yan was one of the targets of an executive order issued by U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday blocking the property of foreigners involved in human rights abuses.

Gao had been in charge at Chaoyang Detention Centre in Beijing where a Chinese rights activist, Cao Shunli, was held and questioned prior to her death in hospital under police custody in March 2014. Rights groups say Cao was tortured and denied medical care."

Source: reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EG0X4

And then...

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/business/economy/trump-official-seeks-to-sanction-chinese-leaders-on-human-rights-concerns/2018/06/28/e965c414-7a37-11e 8-93cc-6d3beccdd7a3_story.html

So, like everything for us peons who aren't directly involved, guess we gotta wait and see.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Also apologies for a bad link, I'm not very savvy with this on mobile.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Good times China...you be you

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

There are plenty of people here in the states that may think differently though.

Out of curiosity, what actions has the current administration taken in regard to humans rights violations by China?

Isn't that a UN responsibility ?
A major part of the reason the UN even exists ?

edit on 7/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My cousin's son was just over in China about a month or so ago. He is into photography. Pretty good at it. Anyways he likes taking pictures of trains. Over there they still use coal/steam to power some of their trains, especially in the backcountry. Anyways he had an interpreter that told him he should be expecting a visit from the China KGB. And sure enough, about 2 in the morning they came a knocking asking for his papers and searched through his things and such. I think we are lucky to live where we live. He had some cool stories of what he saw. Some good pictures too.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The UN can't actually do anything.

Its members can.

edit on 7/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

The UN can't actually do anything.

Its members can.

Actually , my verbiage stands.
The UN is a collective of the members.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Just goes to show that the free expression we enjoy should never be taken for granted.

Yea, interment camp time. Or she reappears later in a propaganda video saying how wrong she was and that Xi is the best, ever!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

She's in a re-education camp as we speak and probably will never be seen or heard from again until the CCP falls.

They're trying to suppress the solidarity videos but they keep popping up on social media here temporarily.

Things are getting worse here in the Middle Kingdom and Emperor Xi is not helping things.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Auh don't feel to bad she will be giving all her organs to several deserving Chinese communist overlords or they will sell the organs "for much needed new car".

On a serious note: I have no idea how the Chinese people will ever break the strangle hold the government has over their lives. But until enough make the play it is what it is and it looks like it will only get worse..

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
what if the girl is faking this? seems to me she called out the government is an incredibly stupid way. So no response wouldnt surprise me,yet she wanted publicity obviously.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

There are plenty of people here in the states that may think differently though.

Out of curiosity, what actions has the current administration taken in regard to humans rights violations by China?

None, as is par for the course, regardless of which adminsitration we're talking about.

Obviously you hit some nerves with that.

I get that people like Trump. I dont hate or love him. Im just patiently observing.

Also, forming the resistance against the inevitable 1984-esque world we are moving towards...

edit on 7152018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It may happen and if the trade war gets **REALLY** serious, I mean like embargo on Chinese goods into the USA serious then there's a chance.

The gov't here (and CCP which are indistinguishable from each other) cannot tolerate social instability (labor riots!) and would do everything in their power to avoid it or crackdown. Unfortunately for them there are far more factory and low paid workers than police, SWAT, and military combined.

Devaluing the RMB might also cause such a scenario but that one is much harder to manifest. The housing bubble here will pop, that might cause some unrest but nothing compared to the scale if suddenly millions of factory workers go unpaid for 1 or 2 months.

The scarier thing is that most Chinese people are 100% situationally myopic and couldn't ride out a few days or weeks of food chain disruption, power outages, water outages or lack of police presence.

China will continue to get away with HR abuses for a lot of reasons. Also note the top Interpol cop is a Chinese CCP member who has asked countries to extradite Chinese individuals who have angered the CCP. Thankfully this has generally been ignored as outright politically motivated.

Very odd that most high ranking CCP members maintain overseas houses, keep wife and kids overseas (if able), have a few mistresses, keep hordes of cash obtained through corruption, and generally stay out of sight from the media. Hmmm....

edit on 15-7-2018 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
She'll soon be touring the US in one of those new Chinese outreach exhibitions. I believe they call them "Human Body" or something like it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This development is disturbing.

The father of Dong has been arrested, but it is all in Chinese.
Little to no web coverage, and YT pretends like it never heard of the searchwords
Dong Yaoqiong.

I used to enjoy liveleak, but anymore you cannot find a trace of Chinese government
genocide, executions, open pit firing squads etc.... It seems to be under firm globaliss
control. Blank pages come up when one searches for these things, that, and some skinny
prepubescent shrieking adenoidal aussie complaining about how his whore smells at the crotch.

It would seem all the tweets that were posted with ink being splashed on the Xi
have been pulled, voluntarily or by government action...who can say.

This is exactly the sort of thing that could bring down a fascist regime, and it would seem
people are having second thoughts about it. I recall when Otto Warmbier ran into trouble,
a trailer trash type remarked how he cannot get excited about an American in NK who got his brain scrambled in a jail there. I hope this does not happen in the case of Dong, who certainly has a flame within her. I admire her just on the face of things....and hope she pulls through. I hope she receives support, even if, especially if she has been gutted by the totalitarian asswipes comprising government.

# 989

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join