It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krakatau Volcano Erupting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I didn't know this. I've been paying a little bit more attention to the Ring of Fire as of late with all the eruptions happening. I remember a few years ago when on the ROF that there were many many large earthquakes being tracked by many here. Now it seems to have been related to the amount of volcano's erupting, but I'm just an amateur observer here. Interesting nonetheless.

Volcano Discovery

Krakatau, a small island group in the Sunda Strait between the islands of Sumatra and Java is one of the world's most famous volcanoes. It is a mostly submerged caldera with 3 outer islands belonging to the rim and a new cone, Anak Krakatau, that has been forming a new island since 1927 and remains highly active.

It seems as if this has been an ongoing thing. Just thought I would share considering the amount of volcanic activity going on this year.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Just thought I would share considering the amount of volcanic activity going on this year.

Do you think this year is unusual?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not a single clue.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That one has been active since the big one in the 1800's.
It's was totally submerged after that and is over 2500 feet today.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
They should start taxing volcanos.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah.

When the wind turns south the vog gets really bad here.

Now that Pruitt is gone, maybe the EPA will do something about that.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That one has been active since the big one in the 1800's.
It's was totally submerged after that and is over 2500 feet today.

that's pretty damn active, how much water has it displaced/ redistribute you think?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No clue.
There are several documentaries on utube about the volcano.
You might want to watch them if you're interested.

youtu.be...
edit on 14-7-2018 by Bluntone22 because: Link

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I just might actually

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
icelandmonitor.mbl.is...

another one in Iceland

www.scientificamerican.com...

interesting... could be a pattern, or nothing

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Volcanic eruptions can be triggered by EM TECHNOLOGY like HAARP
edit on 14-7-2018 by Protricity2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Protricity2k

No they can't.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Protricity2k

I haven't heard a HAARP theory in several years. Go for it...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This sucker's name is Anak Krakatau, or son of Krakatau. It's been building it's edifice in the Sunda Strait, for the entire 20th Century. Doesn't mean that it can't go crazy. In 1883 a cubic mile of seawater went down into magma, and that shock wave was felt, by seismographs, several times, around the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Just thought I would share considering the amount of volcanic activity going on this year.

Do you think this year is unusual?

All depends on who you ask

Over in the United States, two scientists from respected universities have come up with a theory that suggests a big increase in devastating earthquakes in 2018 following a tiny slowing in the Earth's rotation. "The correlation between Earth's rotation and earthquake activity is strong and suggests there is going to be an increase in numbers of intense earthquakes next year (2018)," Roger Bilham of the University of Colorado told The Observer. Bilham and Rebecca Bendick of the University of Montana presented a paper on the link between seismic activity and the Earth's rotation speed at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Get Ready for More Volcanic Eruptions as the Planet Warms A new study shows that even relatively small-scale climatic changes affect volcanic activity

www.scientificamerican.com...

There are theories that volcanic eruptions are on the rise. A 2014 study found that changes in the speed of the earth’s rotation, caused by factors including the gravitational pull of the sun and the moon, lead to periods of increased volcanic activity. A 2009 study found that the number of eruptions per year has gone up as the earth’s temperature has increased since the ice age.

time.com...

The violent eruption Sunday of Guatemala’s Fuego volcano, killing at least 62 people, 13 of who have been identified so far, is the latest in a series of volcanic events that have made headlines around the world. Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano erupted on May 4, forcing thousands to flee their homes. Social media users have widely shared dramatic photos of lava flows engulfing parts of Big Island. And on Sunday, the same day as the Guatemala eruption, an earthquake of magnitude 5.5 also shook the island, sending ash plumes from the Kilauea summit that reached up to 8,000 feet. Indonesia’s Mount Merapi volcano has also been erupting since mid-May, most recently on June 1, sending plumes of smoke almost 4 miles into the air.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Your first link is talking about earthquakes and Earth's rotation. Nothing about volcanic activity this year.
Your second is talking about what might be expected due to increase glacial rebound. Nothing about this year
Your third is the same as the second. Nothing about this year.
Your forth says nothing about unusual activity this year.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Protricity2k
Volcanic eruptions can be triggered by EM TECHNOLOGY like HAARP

I was thinking it may be caused by the

The giant flare of December 27, 2004 from SGR 1806-20 represents one of the most extraordinary events captured in over three decades of monitoring the gamma-ray sky. One measure of the intensity of the main peak is its effect on X- and gamma-ray instruments. RHESSI, an instrument designed to study the brightest solar flares, was completely saturated for ~0.5 s following the start of the main peak. A fortuitous alignment of SGR 1806-20 near the Sun at the time of the giant flare, however, allowed RHESSI a unique view of the giant flare event, including the precursor, the main peak decay, and the pulsed tail.

arxiv.org...

I am wondering if it did not cause a change in the planet center.
It may have caused the 2004 quake 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake occurred at 00:58:53 UTC on 26 December
The hit from the Giant Flare was December 27, 2004

The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake occurred at 00:58:53 UTC on 26 December with the epicenter off the west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia.

killing an estimated 227,898 people in 14 countries, and inundating coastal communities with waves up to 30 meters (100 ft) high. It was one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history

It gets worse. This enormous wave of fierce energy was so powerful it actually partially ionized the Earth’s upper atmosphere, and it made the Earth’s magnetic field ring like a bell.

The graph is worth a look

This is the light curve that [Swift's Burst Alert Telescope] saw, showing how many gamma rays it counted in each sixteenth of a second during six minutes of observation. I didn’t draw the main spike because it was 10,000 times as bright as the tail emission, and you would need a monitor a thousand feet tall to look at it.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your first link is talking about earthquakes and Earth's rotation. Nothing about volcanic activity this year.
Your second is talking about what might be expected due to increase glacial rebound. Nothing about this year
Your third is the same as the second. Nothing about this year.
Your forth says nothing about unusual activity this year.

The first says
"The correlation between Earth's rotation and earthquake activity is strong and suggests there is going to be an increase in numbers of intense earthquakes next year (2018),"

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

"The correlation between Earth's rotation and earthquake activity is strong and suggests there is going to be an increase in numbers of intense earthquakes next year (2018),"

I know. That's what I said. It's about earthquakes and the Earth's rotation. This thread is about volcanic activity.

But, apart from that, has there been an increase in intense earthquakes this year?

edit on 7/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join