It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These gd ants never just go away

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Its more like a Christmas tree, actually:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
You can always do the 'molten aluminum trick':

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I discovered years ago ants hate windex, I think it's the ammonia, not sure, but they hate windex and they LOVE tuna (IDK why) but keep food out of your indoor trash can and sink, or exposed food too.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I suggest staking up tiny pictures of Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters & Hillary Clinton by the entrances & exits. They'll either stay in or stay out. Either way is a win. If you could somehow get a small Nancy Pelosi mask on one of them, the rest want eat with that ant.....starvation is the result.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I would overturn the anthill with a shovel before spraying whatever you plan to put on it. Otherwise it will coat it and miss many of the ants.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
I would overturn the anthill with a shovel before spraying whatever you plan to put on it. Otherwise it will coat it and miss many of the ants.

I did do that last time but I couldn’t go very deep thanks to city code. After last time I had to take my dog out front for pooping reasons and had to pick it up every time. I don’t like doing it when it’s fresh so would much rather wait the week or two as I normally do. I really don’t want pesticides around my animals.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Try calcium carbide, shove a load of pellets into the nest followed by a watering can of water and chuck a tarp over it to stop the gas escaping. Generates acetylene gas when they mix which permeates the nest killing pretty much everything. Doesn’t damage or poison your lawn either.

Failing that creosote - creosote kills everything.

Personally I like my old man’s method - cling film and honey. They get stuck in the honey and you roll em up and burn the buggers.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Then spraying a chemical will only be a deterrent. You'll need to get some poison which they will take back and consume, killing a great number of them. There are places online which sell ant bait like TERRO. Or you can make your own:

Place one cup of water in saucepan and warm to slightly.
Mix in ½ cup sugar and 3 tablespoons borax.
Soak up mixture with cotton balls or paper towels.
Place the towels or cotton balls in shallow dishes near where you see ants. We will often place them in nut butter or similar shallow jarlids. Whatever you do, don’t kill the ants you see! You want them to eat the cotton balls or paper towels and take it back to the nest, where the borax will disrupt the entire colony.

The above method takes about two to five days to be fully effective. Unlike DE or essential oils, generally it is a more long term permanent solution. Once a colony is wiped out, it is gone for good.

www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com...
edit on 22-7-2018 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join