It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence family’s failed gas stations cost taxpayers $20M+

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good point

Nevertheless, I don't think anyone (and I mean anyone) wants to see Pence as President. He seems like a good man but he has establishment Republican written all over him. Without President Trump, he would no doubt be focusing on conservative-oriented fringe/wedge issues instead of pursuing an independent agenda

Of course I ultimately have no doubt Mike Pence could be POTUS if called upon (for any number of reasons)
edit on 7/14/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Pence would have a harder time herding the Republican cats of Congress than Trump.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: pavil

Indeed. It is US citizens who pay the price on tariffs.

But don't worry, you'll get used to it.

We do pay all these costs - one way or another. I'd prefer a more honest accounting and cutting out as many 'middle-men' as possible - that's where the system is ineffecient. It's designed to extract money's for the 1%. Free Enterprise = Private Profit at Public Expense.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: rickymouse
Every gas station pays into a fund to take care of contamination under any situation. They do here, that cost is spread out amongst the gas customers buy. The cleanup is being funded by that organization, the fact that the legal costs bankrupted the company and were found later to not be right means that the state is on the hook for these charges.

I am thinking these charges may never have been right, someone was trying to get back at that business, probably someone who would gain by them being shut down.

But what companies pay regularly into a fund for 'clean-up' is a pittance of the actual costs of those clean-ups.

I have known people who owned service stations and sold gas. The gas stations were around long before they owned them. They just dug up an area in Ishpeming and found two gas tanks from long ago under an area, nobody seemed to know who had previously used those tanks, but the city paid for the removal and the state paid for the checking of the ground and the cost of removing the old gas that was in one. The state actually insures the tanks for environmental problems nowadays.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Jim Jordan, Mike Pence... who's next? Are we going to accuse Sarah Sanders of stealing baked cookies at a school fair?

pathetic!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You're comparing the act of stealing baked cookies at a school fair to the misuse of fraudulent use of $20 million + in tax payer funds?

What's pathetic again? You know calling out Pence isn't going to compromise your ideological beliefs?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: pavil

Indeed. It is US citizens who pay the price on tariffs.

But don't worry, you'll get used to it.

We do pay all these costs - one way or another. I'd prefer a more honest accounting and cutting out as many 'middle-men' as possible - that's where the system is ineffecient. It's designed to extract money's for the 1%. Free Enterprise = Private Profit at Public Expense.

States collect gas taxes and use this money for cleanup on failed gas stations. saying the state is on the hook for 20 million is inaccurate they take in far more than that and most states pay for insurance that station owners are required to have.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You're comparing the act of stealing baked cookies at a school fair to the misuse of fraudulent use of $20 million + in tax payer funds?

What's pathetic again? You know calling out Pence isn't going to compromise your ideological beliefs?

no, just how you went from apparent use to mike pence is guilty because the TV said so

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Kharron

So what? You're only attacking Pence because you know if by some miracle you impeached and convicted Trump, you'd have Pence as POTUS #46.

All I can say is if you do somehow manage to destroy Trump's Presidency (you haven't come close yet), you will deserve Pence and every single last bit of his ultra-religious agenda

Attacking Pence?

He and his family get exposed for corruption and abusing the public resources and trust, a news agency prints all those findings, I re-post it here -- and you find that an attack on him?

Is Donald Trump's thin skin rubbing off on you guys?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
What is there about a "failed business" that folks dont seem to understand ?
What is it about the State on the hook for cleanup of a "failed business" folks dont seem to understand ?
State taxes go to cleanup and hazmat crews.
That is why they have cleanup and hazmat crews
For cleanup .

Happens all the time..
No matter the last name.

Yes, it does happen all the time. However, usually those who caused the damage are held responsible for the cleanup.

In rare cases, such as this one, the corruption is so rampant that the business being investigated for cleanup is investigated by the family that owns the business. And then the costs of cleanup are forgiven and placed on the taxpayers.

Let me put this into perspective -- this is the same as a cop investigating his own shooting of a civilian and he finds himself not guilty.
edit on 15-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What most people, who are for some strange reason on the Pence side in this, don't realize is that this $21m, or however much it ends up, is being taken from taxpayers of those states.

Where do you think those millions are coming from? The representatives? Some oil companies donating to some taxpayer fund? No, it's going to come from those who need it most -- it will be cut from education or schools, or day care funds for parents that need help, or a new gym or a track for a high school and so on...

Instead that money is in the pockets of the Pence family and the people will foot the cost; many will still get sick and suffer. Do you guys get how corrupt and wrong that is?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: Gothmog
What is there about a "failed business" that folks dont seem to understand ?
What is it about the State on the hook for cleanup of a "failed business" folks dont seem to understand ?
State taxes go to cleanup and hazmat crews.
That is why they have cleanup and hazmat crews
For cleanup .

Happens all the time..
No matter the last name.

Yes, it does happen all the time. However, usually those who caused the damage are held responsible for the cleanup.

Didn't the business go bankrupt? How do you get money from a company that has none?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Pence represents THE MIC and as we know their budget is way too vast to be able to create mayhem of some kind.

I know truly apart from Trump Administration The MIC independently functions and is probably all these years linked most likely to Chemtrails and Cloud seeding if you will.

Now with all the Farmers commiting suicide because their is a food shortage coming I think it's very plausible if not egregiously wrong MIC and Dealings with the Chemical Plants that could be spraying/sprayed by jets for Cloud Seeding over Cities. We all have seen these sprawling wispy cloud covers since late 90's!

It's pretty sad if Pence is at all linked to this horrible and long drawn out poisoning of our nations soils for a dwindling food supply now only to improve with weather manipulation which taints our water , lungs and body doesn't go without this Chemtrail effect on the whole earth all for Weather Manipulation to grow more food.

www.bloomberg.com...

note this link for cloud seeding and how it became a killer over time in response to better farming

It did, the opposite and no one was being told the truth, thanks MIC PLANET KILLERS!! TRULY TOO MUCH MONEY BUDGETED to NATIONAL DEFENSE FOR OUR OWN GOOD!
edit on 07/01/2017 by LostGods because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join