It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hammer and Feather Expt. on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hello All.

Recently watched the subject expt., conducted to test Galleleo's Theory, on the tube. While nothing's the matter with the expt. itself, I remember seeing the same in a documentary shown in a movie hall, during some apollo landing anniversary, about 6 or 7 years ago, and I distintly distinctly remember the astronaut holding the hammer in his left hand and the feather in his right hand. Though the youtube video I watched recently the hammer and feather appear to have switched hands.
Lol, is this some kind of mandella effect?
Just wondering if, someone on here has similar recollections?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

lensgarden.com...

I should also mention that images formed (projected) onto the sensor or onto film are a complete reversal of the scene. Right is on the left, and the top is on the bottom. The text is backward and so is the subject. in most cases, when we look at a processed image, everything is corrected to the subject scene orientation. Early processes were at times direct positives, which means that the image is shown backward right to left. In most processes, however, the negative is an intermediate step in producing the positive as well as a means of correcting the orientation to the scene.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
From the mission transcript:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

167:22:06 Scott: Well, in my left hand, I have a feather; in my right hand, a hammer.

Broadcast on live TV at the time.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64 Same would apply for the video on the tube, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Besides the orientation in both look the same.
Can't explain this

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

In the Apollo 15 hammer/feather video, nobody is upside down, nor are the words "United States" on the LM reversed....

...or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Anyway, astronaut David Scott said "...in my left hand, I have a feather; in my right hand, a hammer", and he did have them held that way in the video (his left hand held the feather, which is our right).

edit on 16/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

In the Apollo 15 hammer/feather video, nobody is upside down, nor are the words "United States" on the LM reversed....

Anyway, astronaut David Scott said "...in my left hand, I have a feather; in my right hand, a hammer", and he did have them held that way in the video (his left hand held the feather, which is our right).
In the documentary that I saw in a movie hall also nothing was reversed. All orientation was just like the video, except the narrator was describing the expt and the astronaut's voice was not there

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

In the documentary that I saw in a movie hall also nothing was reversed. All orientation was just like the video, except the narrator was describing the expt and the astronaut's voice was not there

OK...But "in which hand did he have each" in a scene from a documentary that you saw seems like an easy thing for a normal person to simply mis-remember.

I know I've seen a video of Scott's experiment many times and heard the audio part several times, but if you would have asked me prior to this thread which and held which, I wouldn't have remembered.

edit on 18/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
As I have a photographic memory when it comes to something to do with science, I can safely say that the hammer was in the astronauts left had. I am definitely not mis remembering.
Although the said documentary is bound to be on the net somewhere

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

As I have a photographic memory when it comes to something to do with science, I can safely say that the hammer was in the astronauts left had. I am definitely not mis remembering.

I had a friend tell me the same thing he swore it was an eagle feather. I told him it was not it was a falcon feather. He swore and even bet me that it was an eagle feather and said the same thing you did. let me know if you want to bet on something.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

You obviously do not have the memory skills you think you have and you are mis-remembering. The experiment was broadcast live, the astronaut describes what he is doing and clearly states in which hand he is holding what.

If the documentary you saw was from 6 or 7 years ago then it is not as old as my boxset of DVD's covering the entire mission.
edit on 19/7/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: extra

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

First off, I don't even know how to quantify the idea that you "have a photographic memory when it comes to something to do with science."

Secondly, even people with so-called photographic memories -- just like other people -- are susceptible to their brains transposing memories. It's simply a function of how memory works. Our brains are always trying to fit new information into pre-existing information in our brains. That is to say, the brain looks for familiarity.

But sometimes this means the brain creates a "mash-up" of information/memories, resulting in the brain creating a false memory that seems real. So it is entirely possible that your brain tried to associate your experience of watching that scene in the documentary with some other memory, and the result is that your memory of the event is that he had the hammer in his left hand rather than the correct right hand.

I never understand why people think their memories are infallible when it has been shown time and time again that it is quite normal and common for the brain to manufacture false memories or false details of a memory.

edit on 19/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I had a friend tell me the same thing he swore it was an eagle feather. I told him it was not it was a falcon feather. He swore and even bet me that it was an eagle feather and said the same thing you did. let me know if you want to bet on something.
I can certainly bet on it

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I am 100 % certain about what I saw in the documentary

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Perhaps this is an ME thing?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I remember discussing this experiment with John Lear when he was pushing the claim that the Moon's gravity was much closer to Earth's 9.8m/S^2 than the official figure proposes (1.62m/S^2) and also a claim of Moon atmosphere. Analysis of the video supports the official figure which led to claims of video tampering, lead feather or even inflatable hammer to explain what was seen.

The hammer was always in the astronaut's right hand (which is on the left of scene)

I miss John - those were the good days

edit on 20/7/2018 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

S+F for mentioning the ME as a possibliitly.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

That was me?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

S+F for mentioning the ME as a possibliitly.

ME is real. That is to say, people really do swear that they remember things differently -- such as people seem to remember Nelson Mandela dying sometime prior to his actual death (hence the name "Mandela Effect").

However, what causes ME is what is what some people like to debate. Is ME caused by:

(A) the result of the fact that human memory is fallible because memory is NOT an objective tape recording of actual events, but is really the brain making subjective judgements as to how something should be remembered. In addition, our brains change existing memories over time due to new input and new memories.

or

(B) The result of alternate realities leaking into our reality, and changes to timelines.

Personally, I think it is "A", considering how malleable memory is, and how easily it can be affected by outside influences that seemingly have nothing to do with the original memory.

edit on 20/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Changing of timelines is certainly possible imo

new topics

top topics

join