It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Meeting Lifts the Veil?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Good post. Much to think about.

Thank you.

Don’t forget that there has been no investigation nor indictments of the Russians involved in creating the Steele dossier. These accusations alone have had more demonstrable effect on the election than any number of emails or hacks combined.

Agreed. We have so much information at our fingertips, admitted information, that implicates Russia operating through DNC channels, but all of the time is spent trying to figure out how Russia operated through the Trump campaign. That alone tells me that this is all a pre-packaged narrative designed for public consumption, little different than a TV mini-series shown on the news channels rather than a network.

It is my belief that Russia is just a patsy.

I can't disagree with that at all. I am not saying Putin's Russia is an upstanding player in world politics, but I also have serious doubts that they are the next "Axis of Evil." They seem to be just a country struggling with growing pains and subject to the same greed and situational ethics as all countries. I would prefer we make peace with them rather than go to war with them, if that is indeed an option.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: AboveBoard

I included "political affiliation" for just that reason.

So President Trump should receive the same treatment as I do, right?

TheRedneck

If Trump committed crimes, would you have him NOT be indicted because of his Presidency?

edit on 14-7-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Enemies yesterday don't always remain that way.

Germany, twice an enemy, now an ally. Great Britain, once twice an enemy, now an ally, or even a friend. Japan, we fought as vicious a war as it's possible to fight. That fight ushered in the Atomic Age, yet today, friend. Russia, once an ally, then a frenemy, still kinda a frenemy...but if they're talkin', they ain't shootin'.

Even relations with North Korea have thawed a trifle.

I prefer it that way. Not sure why so many people seem to have an issue with that...

Not sure why people are in such a rush to usher in a new Cold War. I don't trust, nor do I like Putin...my feelings are remarkably similar about Trump... But, if they're talkin', that's a good thing. Some here don't like it for some odd reason...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

If Trump committed serious crimes, the Constitution says he should be impeached, removed from office and at that point I would indeed call for his indictment.

What crimes has he committed? And why have others in a similar position as him not been subject to the same jeopardy for worse crimes? And, even more importantly, why are certain members in the DNC trying to cover up such crimes?

Some of those crimes have even been admitted, are public knowledge, and many of those involve proven collusion with Russia.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Good post. Much to think about.

Thank you.

Don’t forget that there has been no investigation nor indictments of the Russians involved in creating the Steele dossier. These accusations alone have had more demonstrable effect on the election than any number of emails or hacks combined.

Agreed. We have so much information at our fingertips, admitted information, that implicates Russia operating through DNC channels, but all of the time is spent trying to figure out how Russia operated through the Trump campaign. That alone tells me that this is all a pre-packaged narrative designed for public consumption, little different than a TV mini-series shown on the news channels rather than a network.

It is my belief that Russia is just a patsy.

I can't disagree with that at all. I am not saying Putin's Russia is an upstanding player in world politics, but I also have serious doubts that they are the next "Axis of Evil." They seem to be just a country struggling with growing pains and subject to the same greed and situational ethics as all countries. I would prefer we make peace with them rather than go to war with them, if that is indeed an option.

TheRedneck

Recall how they treated the Chinese hacks of 2014, and then in 2017. Neither Obama and Trump wanted to confront China about it, likely because China is a huge world player. No sanctions, no overt calls for retaliation, condemnation etc.

Russia, on the other hand, isn’t a huge player anymore, and can be used as a patsy for political means.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The topic being how great trump did on his European tour? Because that's not what most of us witnessed. He did NOT renegotiate NATO financial participation by a single penny.
He pulled his typical bull in a China shop approach to diplomacy. Slaps Angela Merkel with her country being controlled by Russia.
He complete!y dissed Theresa May. Then his apology. "I must apologize because I said some pretty good things about you ...but..."
He showed up LATE to an appointment with the Queen.
"Sorry Liz traffic you know.."
He is often late. It's a sign of contempt and disrespect.
He then steps right in front of her! Causing the tiny 92 year old lady to do a shuffle step maneuver so as not to walk into him. He's so lost. So in his own little world.
I mean really. It's not a trump hate thing. It's a seeing him for what he really is thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'll leave yours then. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Putin is actually the most powerful person ever in human history. He controls the US, Europe and Asia

this guy is amazing

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Not sure why people are in such a rush to usher in a new Cold War. I don't trust, nor do I like Putin...my feelings are remarkably similar about Trump... But, if they're talkin', that's a good thing. Some here don't like it for some odd reason...

That's the point. Why not?

I agree on Putin. The man is a thug, from everything I know about him, but he is also the leader of Russia. We don't get to choose the leader of a sovereign nation, so we instead have to work with what we have. That involves talking. But so many would seem to prefer the shooting?

That's a testament to the power of the MSM, and indicates an ulterior motive in the chambers of power. I think I might have discovered that motive (established collusion with Russia by the FBI, DNC, and likely some in the GOP), and the reactions I have gotten seem to indicate I have.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

...and sneaky, too. Don't forget that. He owned Obama, that's for certain--worked him like a carnival mark...and some never even noticed. That was different, though...they liked Obama.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Motive?

You mean the sheer, unadulterated hate that some seem to have? That motive?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The topic being how great trump did on his European tour?

No. Go back and read the OP, please. How good or bad Trump did at the NATO meeting is irrelevant; that he was there and took exception to Germany's collusion with Russia is the relevant part.

He's so lost. So in his own little world.

So are you apparently. Go read the OP.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I read this earlier this morning and just couldn't quite wrap my head around the fact that someone had written this.

That said, its quite obvious that in your exercise of Trump worship, you've managed to entirely overlook the fact that on this trip, Trump has, I believe, on two occasions so far, said something that he has to entirely walk back from the very next day. The contradictions are so stark and the rhetoric so sharp that I can assure you many are looking at this and beginning to wonder if we're not looking at the onset of dementia.

I don't hate Trump; don't love Trump.......don't really care about Trump as long as he doesn't screw up the stock market, but honestly, take a step back and re-examine his speech and behavior.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Great OP. Nothing to add except S&F.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

...and sneaky, too. Don't forget that. He owned Obama, that's for certain--worked him like a carnival mark...and some never even noticed. That was different, though...they liked Obama.

How can you say that... Obama called him up and told him to "cut it out"...can you feel the power in those words?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

His only supporters are far right and white online trolls, fake borne again Christians and Putin of course

How on earth could a patriotic American or patriotic Englishmen support an absolute cretin like Trump who’s a petty thief and wife beater as well

A) His "only supporters" won him an election, so you've clearly demonstrated you can paint with a broad brush.

B) How on earth? A rather easy choice to make when the alternative is Hillary Hitlist Clinton.

S & F Redneck, more great insight that I'd expect from you.

edit on 14-7-2018 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

One problem with your point on Obama - yes, if half the things that had been uncovered were linked to him then yes, the call would be for his impeachment. The problem with the comparison you made is that NONE of the things that have come to light have been linked to Trump. Not half, not even one. So, your false equivalence and fantasy world doesn't really work.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I wouldn't say it was dementia as far to rapid, perhaps bad case of jetlag, whatever it was he was far from his usual self. Was a huge list of gaffes. How things are being reported in the UK. Even Farage said on camera Trumps words didn't sound very convincing and said we should never take Trump literally, but we should take him seriously in response to the question 'does Trump lying all the time bother you?'

edit on 14-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Skyfloating

Russia is not interested in a good relationship. They want to destroy us.

Ironic that the left is using the same red scare rhetoric the right did back in Soviet days.

Nobody is "the enemy". There are a few disagreements. There is Putins focus on self-interest. But all can be negotiated. Our President likes making deals.

The warning not to even talk with "the enemy" is suspicious. There is nothing to lose from talking.
edit on 2018 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump has been doing business with the Russians since 1987, when the USSR still existed. There are a huge number of question marks over just where he started getting his money after the 2008-09 crash, especially as all of a sudden there were a lot - a lot - of Russian tycoons who owned apartments in Trump buildings. His sons have both stated that the Trump 'empire' has a lot of links to Russia. Then there's the little issue of his refusal to release his tax returns. I think - and possibly Bob Mueller now knows - that the two are linked, that Trump is laundering Russian money and that he's nowhere near as rich as he says he is.
His ex-campaign manager had ties to the Russians. His sons met with the Russians. His lawyer met with the Russians.
Are you really so naive as to think that Trump's tiny hands are clean on this?
We'll know when Mueller's extraordinarily tight and professional team finally start releasing what they know. What they can prove.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join