It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Meeting Lifts the Veil?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: bastion

I cannot refute any of that. I don't know.

How long did you live in Russia?

TheRedneck

Don't live there, family were thrown out in exile in the Civil War (moved to UK, won all Physics awards in Cambridge and taught physics/set up world's first engineering degree in the US at Stanford) but been there several times as a kid, in school was mates with a Russian girl who used to come over regularly to sell toys/trinkets to feed her family and try and fund getting into the phillharmonic orchestra, have several Russian mates at the moment from pure Stalinist to liberal. Read extensively about the history and politics of Russia since Tsar Nicholas as I'm a huge geo-poltics nerd.
edit on 18-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

Not living there doesn't mean you can't have an informed view on a country. It's a case of reading widely from a variety of sources and taking each with a pinch of salt.
edit on 18-7-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Can you quote Trump stating said admiration?

Because I've seen Trump bomb Russian assets,

Trump warned the Russians that they were going to attack Syrian assets.

and assert sanctions that went further than the prior administration (and that act of Congress that was passed shortly after he was sworn in).

He grudgingly signed off on sanctions that Congress passed in response to his platform of easing sanctions on Russia. His administration has not actually enforced those stricter sanctions, and Trump has made no attempt to negotiate the extradition of Russian assets who interfered in the election... to his benefit.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Why is it that the less people know about Russia, the more they like Trump?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Fair enough. We're both going off of (hopefully) informed second-party opinions. We are actually close to agreement on Putin. I just want to bear in mind, we don't really know first hand what it's like over there.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The post above me shows the admiration, well done

Also would like to point out that it took a long time for Trump to condemn Russia for their attack in Salisbury using a nerve agents

We stand shoulder to shoulder with you our allies and would have leapt to your defence right away

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
DJ, I’m not labelling the few mods in here as this as I respect them and have seen them post but I think the far right and white part of Trumps fan club like White Russians

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Trump has made no attempt to negotiate the extradition of Russian assets who interfered in the election... to his benefit.

Did you miss the summit press conference entirely, or just that one part?

Go to about 32 mins in.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

"He's a strong leader"

"If he says good things about me ill say good things about him"

"There's been a lot of killers...what makes you think our country is so innocent"

"He's been a strong leader for Russia, stronger than our leader" (referencing Obama)

"Its a different system, and I don't like that system, but he's been a strong leader for Russia"

In the above quotes taken from the videos you supply, can you point to me where there is admiration? From where I stand Trump is stating fact: Putin has led Russia for a full generation...its the epitome of strong leadership. Whether we like that leadership is a different story (and goes without comment from Trump). Trump is clear to state he doesn't like the system Putin is in charge of. He also points out that Obama was a weak leader, which me and many other Americans agree with. As well as us killing far, far too many people.

So we have some statements of fact. Where is the admiration?

RE: extradition...i'd make zero effort if i were Trump too. Mueller already tried to indict a ham sandwich, and was grossly unprepared for trial when Russians actually did show up. /credibility

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I prefer Moscow Mules.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
The post above me shows the admiration, well done

Also would like to point out that it took a long time for Trump to condemn Russia for their attack in Salisbury using a nerve agents

We stand shoulder to shoulder with you our allies and would have leapt to your defence right away

You are speaking on behalf of your government?

My take: there is no proof where the novichok came from. and it isn't logical it was Russia. I'd say that you guys need to work harder to figure out charges, and then present them to the international community.

That said, let someone attack your homeland and see how quick the US jumps to action. UK is our sibling, and im sure we would respond if it wasn't a crime like murder.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

An excellent example of Putin turning the tables on Trump.
edit on 18-7-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

In the above quotes taken from the videos you supply, can you point to me where there is admiration?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

In the above quotes taken from the videos you supply, can you point to me where there is admiration?

Oh crap! Stop the presses!!!

Trump sent a Tweet where he used a popular internet meme! TREASON! IMPEACH!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Who said impeach? That shows Trump admires Putin

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Who said impeach? That shows Trump admires Putin

No it doesn't. It shows Trump was travelling to Russia, and willing to meet/negotiate with Putin. Because when I admire people I don't sell weapons to their enemy so they can be killed:

www.washingtonpost.com... 7844f09

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So it doesn't bother you that a corrupt, mentally unstable individual with ties to Russian gangsters, and who admires Vladimir Putin has become a president who considers the European Union (which was forged in the postwar period to serve American interests) our main foe? (Incidentally, you might want to ask yourself who is starring your posts so quickly.)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

i know the narrative fits together neatly...until logic is applied.

Timing is the worst you could imagine for Russia. That, alone, makes me doubt the rush to judgement. i need proof.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Poisoning people is a national hobby for Russians

You going to back your real allies now or toady up to a man who is responsible for nerve agent attacks in the U.K, and killing political rivals and journalists

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Poisoning people is a national hobby for Russians

You going to back your real allies now or toady up to a man who is responsible for nerve agent attacks in the U.K, and killing political rivals and journalists

Ultimatums don't work when you have no proof. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join