It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Meeting Lifts the Veil?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: DJW001

Putin fears democracy.

Is that why he is in an elected position?

TheRedneck

(Stunned silence)
Do you really think that Putin was elected in a free and fair election? Seriously????

Sometimes it appears you all have "democracy of convenience" when claiming "elected leaders" case in point Chavez of Venezuela, Castro of Cuba, Odanga of Kenya, Egypt and MB leader and so on ad infintum we hear nothing but crickets from you lot but when suits need all the sudden Putin is illegitimate.

As the reporter said when Hindenburg blew - "Oh the humanity" I say that in total irony btw.

Oh, I am fully aware of just how 'fair' their elections were. Right up their with the masterclass in electoral shenanigans that Putin was up to in the Russian elections this year. My point remains.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

My point remains.....

And just what is the point? are you insinuating that Putin is not the accepted leader of Russia? If that is case you are in a severe minority that has no legitimacy whatsoever.

Maybe this thread would be of interest as its pertinent to this one,

Unholy Alliance - ATS

edit on 15-7-2018 by Phoenix because: add link

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

My point remains.....

And just what is the point? are you insinuating that Putin is not the accepted leader of Russia? If that is case you are in a severe minority that has no legitimacy whatsoever.

(Facepalm)
I am saying that he got to be leader of Russia via violence, fraud, threats and twisting the electoral machinery of Russia until it squeaked. He has no use for democracy, other than to pay lip service to it. He is the classic old Russian strong man, the kind that his misruled that unhappy country since the Ivan the Great. So, yes. He's the leader of Russia.
Do you really think that Putin would hesitate for an instant to try and influence his neighbours and destabilise his enemies? Because if you don't, then you are an idiot.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Has the Kremlin purchased ATS?

Before the election it was anti Russian and now we might as well not type in English

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not idiot, better description is realist unlike pipe-dreamer living a Pollyanna existence.

So your opinion of Putin means what? changes what? MHO it changes squat and is therefore meaningless dribble that adds exactly nothing to the OP at hand.

It'd be gross negligence on Putin's part to fail to serve Russian interest's first - other's second.

I touched upon some long term geopolitical issues for Russia which you guys conveniently ignored because by gosh they're probably to sensible to fit in a very narrow pollyanna world view.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Has the Kremlin purchased ATS?

Before the election it was anti Russian and now we might as well not type in English

Funny that Pre-election and decades prior,

Liberal's in the main in U.S. = pro/soviet/russian

Now its complete coin flip - man is that MSM propaganda effective or what?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

My point remains.....

Maybe this thread would be of interest as its pertinent to this one,

Unholy Alliance - ATS

That thread is a complete joke. The intelligence agencies are dedicated to remaining above politics, but are subject to the control of the elected government. Obama failed to act publicly on the information he was given because he was afraid publicizing it would undermine the faith of the electorate. The Department of Justice did not prosecute Hillary Clinton because there was no real case.

I assume you believe that the FSB, SVR, and GRU are the ones acting on behalf of America's best interests.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

You ignore much data and history in making such a claim as if there was no controversy whatsoever in many nations that your side stayed silent upon and ones you take exception to in convenience to your cause.

My side? You mean Pro-Americanism?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: surfer_soul

Who allowed the political BS to continue, or to even begin in the first place?

Us, that's who. So, then, who should own it? That's be us, again.

If not us, than who? That nebulous "them" that always seems to get the blame?

Hold on a minute first you said in a previous reply, it’s because of people like me not getting involved...

Now it’s people like us who began it in the first place or are allowing to continue.

Which is it? I’m confused by your reply.

So who really allowed the political BS to continue, or began it in the first place? I’d say that’s the media. People are discussing what they see reported for the most part.

Who is this nebulous “them” that I blame? Well try the Trilateral Commission, the CFR, the Bilderbergers, steering committees and other such shady organisations that like to get together in secretive meetings and push their agendas forward on the rest of us. Otherwise collectively referred to as TPTB.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bsalert

I won't have many left ?

I'm sorry, I forget you don't get context... you won't have many good days left, because the truth is going to come out and destroy your entire world view. And after the way my thread about wanting to find and rid ourselves of corruption in government has been trashed, I'm going to laugh at you when it happens.

To N.Korea our bombs are bigger and more powerful

Seems to have worked, so far. No new missile tests.

You really need to wake up

I'm not dreaming. I'm stating facts. You are howling at the moon, with everything you can think of, and still can;t seem to even address the OP.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Wow. Do you know nothing at all about "managed democracy," as practiced in Russia?

No, I live in Alabama. Why don't you educate me?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

(Stunned silence)

Well, I accomplished something today.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I am saying that he got to be leader of Russia via violence, fraud, threats and twisting the electoral machinery of Russia until it squeaked. He has no use for democracy, other than to pay lip service to it. He is the classic old Russian strong man, the kind that his misruled that unhappy country since the Ivan the Great.

I think you mean 'she.' And she failed.

So, yes. He's the leader of Russia.

Oh, my bad... sounded like you were describing Hillary.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The intelligence agencies are dedicated to remaining above politics, but are subject to the control of the elected government.

Oh, yeah, like we saw with Peter Strzok testifying... no political bias whatsoever, and willing to answer every question put to him by our elected officials.

I think I found your joke.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nice mate, sweet home Alabama.

been to the states on a bike trip and you guys are great, down to earth and fun

It’s only on ATS that politics gets involved, take that out the equation and all men are equal

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Nice mate, sweet home Alabama.

been to the states on a bike trip and you guys are great, down to earth and fun

It’s only on ATS that politics gets involved, take that out the equation and all men are equal

Funny thing about that is, I don't say anything on ATS that I wouldn't say to someone's face. I think I may be in the minority on that.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

No, I live in Alabama. Why don't you educate me?

I would be delighted. You can start here.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Pure irony.

That is almost exactly what my OP, which you choose to completely ignore, is warning about. A "managed democracy" in our own country, while you concern yourself with Russia's.

I have yet to see a more ironic argument. Congratulations!

Now, an honest question: why is it OK for us but not for Russia?

TheRedneck

edit on 7/15/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So in all honesty.....................

Why do some of you fear it so much...............

If Trump and Putin find common grounds.................

Would those common grounds personally threaten you in some way?

Maybe threaten your ideas about the world?

Threaten well tended and sprouted political positioning?

The only entity that should be threatened is China but I digress.

Rolltide! I live in and love Alabama!
edit on 15-7-2018 by Phoenix because: add comment

They are become as the Dalek, attack, attack, attack, kill,kill,kill. That is all they know and are programmed for.
edit on 15-7-2018 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

(Stunned silence)

Well, I accomplished something today.

TheRedneck

Yes, pardon me for thinking that you perhaps objected to the fact that a foreign leader interfered with your electoral processes and that your President is several thousand times more corrupt than you seem to think that Hillary is.
I see that the usual 'Raaagh! Hillary is the devil! Trump is better than her because she murdered three million babies and drank their blood!' people are here and starting to drip their drivel all over the place.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join