It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok this has just been an idea in my head for a while, thought i'd share it.

Wouldn't it be possible to see ahead or behind in time if we could see faster than the speed of light? It might seem a stupid question, but is it impossible to travel faster than the speed of light?

Say you set up a very very very powerful telescope on earth, pointed it at a mirror on the moon for example, and if you managed to see the mirror, and the relection on it faster than the speed of light, you'd be looking back on yourself.

This may not seem clear because I can't even figure it out in my own head, any ideas/comments?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You can't SEE faster than the speed of light, because you use light to SEE. However, if you could set up a huge mirror in space, sufficiently far enough from the earth, because of the time it took for the light to hit the mirror, reflect and hit the telescope, you could look back in time. It wouldn't be that far though. Perhaps 5 minutes if the mirror was as far as Venus?
This is all very hypothetical, though. You can't really set up a "big mirror" anywhere so perfectly that it would let you see a specific place on earth

[edit on 21-2-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Wouldn't it be possible to see ahead or behind in time if we could see faster than the speed of light? It might seem a stupid question, but is it impossible to travel faster than the speed of light?

Say you set up a very very very powerful telescope on earth, pointed it at a mirror on the moon for example, and if you managed to see the mirror, and the relection on it faster than the speed of light, you'd be looking back on yourself.

No.

You might be able to "see" a few seconds into the past, but the optics aren't that good that you could actually make out anything. And by the time you got far and fast enough to "see" a year or more into the past, the light waves would be so scattered (one per million miles of space-filled-with-other-electromagnetic-energy) that you couldn't get a coherent picture even if you could pick that light wave out from all the rest.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
as much as I want a time machine to go back to 1984 so i could be making millions in the pros (hardy har har) - -

seriously, as much as I would like to, I think hell would freeze over before time traveling -- but w/ my luck and intelligence, i'm sure right after I post this, a news flash will come out saying someone found a way to time travel

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
as much as I want a time machine to go back to 1984 so i could be making millions in the pros (hardy har har)

1982, actually.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
as much as I want a time machine to go back to 1984 so i could be making millions in the pros (hardy har har)

1982, actually.

I blew it.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
"If coach woulda put me in 4th quarter we wouldv'e taken state.
back in 82 I could throw a pig skin 1/4 mile. I could throw a football over those mountains ..."

and I really could those MT's are just up the road.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Everything you see is from the past. WHen you look at stars you are seeing the very far past so in effect you are seeing through time.

I do not think time travel is possible what happend is no longer there and what is going to happen is not there yet. Only the present exists and we watch/live in it as it happend in the past. Dont let crazy mathematicians make you crazy to.

X

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Every point in time and space has a specific vibrational frequency. If you re-create the vibrational frequency of another 'space', then those two points converge, and you can travel to that point instantly. Same goes with time, as space and time go locked hand in hand, you can re-create that vibrational frequency, and go to that point in space/time instantly.

This is the theory of stargates (to which I believe exist under baghdad iraq, and pine gap australia).

You can also mentally time travel by using an exercise called the green spiral staircase.... this is from the work of Stewart Swerdlow.

With regards to seeing, I believe if you went faster than the speed of light, you would be blind, as the light needs to enter the eye.

Kind Regards

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That mirror would have to have a rocket on it or something since ppl seem to forget the earth isnt always in the same spot. Rember we go around the sun not the other way around

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Time travel no matter how you look at it. Is something the human species should stay far far away from. Not only that but its immpossible. Time is a very real force that weve just become used to handling. but after youve smoked Salvia Divinorum you become all to aware of its pressures and constant unbreakable movement forward. Salvia is also legal so dont ban me plz. www.erowid.org...
also salvia = evil and very very very scary.

apc

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Salvia Divinorum lol. I introduced a musician to it... before long he was smoking it believing it gave him great musical insight... and shortly after got fired, lost his apartment, and had to go a thousand miles away to live with his parents... at the time he was 28.

I am of the opinion that spacetime is static. Everything that will happen, has happened, and cannot be changed. Go back in time and kill your mother? Sorry, already happened, and she killed your future self in self defense or whatever. Will it ever be possible to traverse this universe's timeline? Possibly, but unlikely. An "energy" imbalance would result that reality would have to correct somehow, probably by never permitting the traveler to enter in the first place. But just like everything else in this field, this is all pure speculation, and I certainly don't hold a degree in temperal mechanices, so who knows.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When you go faster than the speed of light, you go back in time supposedly right? Wouldnt that just be the universe accounting for your increase in speed, by putting u back in time when the centre and the boundary of the universe were closer?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I started a thread on this idea, a while back. My theory is a little diffrent. Check it out: 'Replaying The Past"

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
anyone ever come across this website?
www.klimaco.net...

your thoughts?...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction..... i believe this holds true for time as well...... the opposite effect of time is eternety..... we will time travel when we die.... or when we create sufficient anti time technology

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GB2005
anyone ever come across this website?
www.klimaco.net...

your thoughts?...

Had a quick glance through, whats www.klimaco.net... all about though?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merger
Every point in time and space has a specific vibrational frequency. If you re-create the vibrational frequency of another 'space', then those two points converge, and you can travel to that point instantly. Same goes with time, as space and time go locked hand in hand, you can re-create that vibrational frequency, and go to that point in space/time instantly.

This is the theory of stargates (to which I believe exist under baghdad iraq, and pine gap australia).

You can also mentally time travel by using an exercise called the green spiral staircase.... this is from the work of Stewart Swerdlow.

With regards to seeing, I believe if you went faster than the speed of light, you would be blind, as the light needs to enter the eye.

Kind Regards

Could you do me a favor and explain to everyone exactly what "specific vibrational frequency" is, how its measured, created etc.....

thanks!

edit: And also how do you know "Every point in time and space has a specific vibrational frequency"????? Thanks.

[edit on 3/1/2005 by Its_True_I_Promise]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Do we not travel in the past or future when we fly to the east or to the west?

But we are then in the now, so how can we ever change from present to past, or present to future. We will always be in the present, the now!

Who says we are in the present, now (at this precise second)?

You are now reading in the future of the last sentence, but are you not now in the present? Or even the past of the next sentence?...

I think time has been calculated to the degree of perfection but I do not understand why we need to concentrate on the past or the future, it has left us and no longer exists. Not even in a different period of our history! Florida is not five hours behind the UK, the Americans are in their present, and us British are in ours!

Time is now, now, now!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Time is mad made right? So what's to say that time travel cannot be man made. I believe that at some point, I don't know how long in the future, but at some point we will be able to look back on ourselves, but I don't believe we will ever be able to look into the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join