It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump in Britian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bsalert
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

pathetic - get a life - trump puppet

You wanna share with the class why you think British people should protest Trump?
I can't think of anything to inspire me to protest him on the streets of London.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
So come on, list Trumps crimes against humanity which are worthy of protest.

That's the problem. Loads of people lining up to protest, but if asked they would not have a clue. Why so many people have fallen into the trap of not questioning what they are doing, I'll never know. Yes, complain about Trumps misogyny, or his propensity to shoot his mouth off, but he's hardly the worst.

Now, if just 10% of these people bothered to protest when the President of China - and arch human rights abuser - came to visit, then that would have been a result. I think they were too busy in Starbucks complaining about American politics that they didn't understand.

BTW I am no fan of Trump. Just baffled.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bsalert
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I didn't see the future kings meeting the ego I mean trump, maybe they were with the crowds.

What crazy jibber jabber are you on about now, he met the queen ffs, you know, head of state of the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc, doesn't really get much higher level than that.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh you did brag every other darn post you mentioned it. Sick tbh.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Now, if just 10% of these people bothered to protest when the President of China - and arch human rights abuser - came to visit, then that would have been a result. I think they were too busy in Starbucks complaining about American politics that they didn't understand.

BTW I am no fan of Trump. Just baffled.

That's exactly what I think, and also when the Saudi king visited, handful of protesters. I'm no fan of Trump but we have to work with him regardless, and these protests were just lame social media inspired whining. Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Don't go off-topic, stick to this topic, and for the 4th time I ask again, what crimes against humanity has Trump committed which make you angry enough to protest on the streets of London.
Really fella you debate like a child, stick to the topic or I'll be forced to alert your off-topic attacks.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

And for the third time I have explained why many NHS nurses have protested.
You might think it trivial but they do not. Neither do I.
Like I said you appear to only care about activism if it is something you care about. I and my NHS work pals care about lies trump has said.
You care not others do accept it or do one.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Like I said you appear to only care about activism if it is something you care about. I and my NHS work pals care about lies trump has said.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Guys....

You both need to grow up and learn that its ok to have opposite views.

One of you think the protests are warranted another thinks they are stupid, everyone has opinions, there is no reason why you have to call each other out as being childish and use such aggressive tone in your conversation. You disagree, you can do it amicably, your not going to change each others minds and there is no right or wrong with this.

Seriously hate seeing this kind of behaviour on ATS.

Why can two people not have a different view and respect those views, discuss them without resorting to this.
edit on 15-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Oh and Cornwall explains a lot that does.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude, I've asked him 4 times to list Trump's crimes against humanity which make him angry enough to want to march the streets of London. 4 times he's just attacked me based on comments in another thread. That is debating like a child, or do you disagree?
I ask the honourable member again, list Trump's crimes to me.
If you read the exchange you will see that TestingTesting went off topic first and all ad hominem, so unless he's your mate or something you can do one with making out I did anything wrong, I just defended myself and asked the guy to stay on topic.

And still he fails to list Trump's crimes against humanity.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

He cannot name any because there are none.

I despise Trump but, he has not yet to my knowledge committed a crime against humanity. Although I know hat some have made the argument that his actions on the boarder could constitute a crime against humanity. I personally don't think hat is accurate as it Watters down what a crime against humanity really is.

Now I think everyone knows that really he has not committed a crime against humanity, that does not mean that there are not good reasons to take to the streets and express opposition of Trump.

Sorry but your both just arguing for the sake of it think right now.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

So he makes stupid comments based on something he read on MSM, posts a tweet, and it makes you so angry you wish to march the streets of London in protest?
Haha, that is funny as! You must be protesting every day if a Tweet or two triggered you like that LMFAO!

(post by WhyDidIJoin removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Fair one, I think the protests were ridiculous considering all the real issues to protest about in the world. They achieved nothing that could be considered a result, and apparently inspired because Trump said some stupid thing about the NHS after reading something in MSM.
At least I have stayed on topic and not been referencing comments in unrelated threads as personal attacks. Your mate is the instigator in this thread, not me.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The kind of things I think are a reasonable reason to protest against Trump form the perspective of a British Citizen.

His false accusation that UK Intelligence were tapping his phones.
His actions in the building of his golf course in Scotland.
His attempts to stop the Scottish government building a wind farm.
His lies about the NHS
The number of time he has posted disparaging remarks about London and the UK in genera.
His treatment of women.
His views on immigration.
His continued use of drone strikes.
His arguably racist comments.
Pulling out of the Paris accords.
His denial of Man Made Global Warming.

(NOTE: I am not going to start a debate with you about any of these points, they all deserve entire threads on there only I am only pointing out that there are several reasons why people would take to the streets)

So yeah there are actually quite a lot of reasons that some in the UK might want to take to the streets to protest against the UK PM cozying up to a man like that.

Now as I said previously I do think that with Brixit on the horizon the UK needs a close relationship with the UK to get a good US/UK trade deal and as such I get why his visit is important.

That however does not mean that there are not a whole load of reasons why many in the UK will want to voice their opposition of him on the streets.
edit on 15-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join