It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodybuilding and meat.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'll have the egg, but not the chicken.

Sorry to be a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I'll have the egg, but not the chicken.

Sorry to be a hypocrite.

My son is a Body Builder, competition style. He says the biggest thing is to figure out how much mucle you want to put on, then make sure your macros are on target to hit that mark.

He always says 85 % food, 15% gym

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I use to do BB as well, Im also NASM certified, if theres anything i can help you with bud shoot me a message. Always out to help anyone who needs it

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thanks bro.

See, ask the brofessor.

Don't even think negative.
Push brother ... common, it's all about the push!

edit on 13-8-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

They say calories go hand in hand with body building, but I don't think that's necessarily true. Meat is going to give you a complete protein with fat and trace vitamins and minerals.

If you're going to eat meat, game meats and game poultry and wild seafood is the best way to go. These animals live in their natural environments and they get to come and go as they please and graze on nutrient rich plants. Quality is everything. If you live in America, then you're living with a situation where generations-old farms are getting old and working themselves too hard, so many of them sell out to the mega corporations for millions of dollars and they cut corners and reduce the quality of your pork and beef.

Somewhere along the line some genius thought it was necessary to provide chicken, pork and beef to 320+ million people which is just insane. high quantities always destroy quality of a product. And you cant really miss protein in your diet. there is a lot of near complete protein in the plant kingdom.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Thanks bro.

See, ask the brofessor.

Don't even think negative.
Push brother ... common, it's all about the push!

LoL that it is my friend, its always about pushing your limits.

What I can tell you if youre building more, what I use to do to really increase my mass, was as far as lifting goes, follow a 20 20 15 10 routine, meaning whatever youre lifting those are your reps and sets. so 4 sets, with those reps.

You say youre underweight, I would look at getting a whey protein geared to gaining, a weight gainer weigh protein, there are TONS of dif types of proteins but usually the weight gainer has more carbs and calories per serving.

drop that in twice a day, between meals boss and make sure you get your healthy fats in man.

As far as the rest, Have your trainer if he hasnt already get your macros on point, thats the biggest key, it can make you drop weibht like crazy, or make you gain muscle like a beast.

That and your supplements, make sure youre getting your oils, your d3s , your folic acid, and something to aid your liver function because your diets gonna change.

Then kick the SHT out of it!!!!

You got this
edit on 8/13/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There is a list of 73 holistic doctors that have been murdered to keep their information a secret.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Got it!

Just a novice, but no longer a stranger at that part of the gym.

The weight section.

I actually came for the social - was doing cardio for two years.

But I've moved to the "other" section.

Come spot me brother.
I wouldn't walk up to a woman and say that.
But yes, very happy.

I think I even made friends - all males though, it's surprisingly gender segregated.

Yeah but so it goes, bros speak to bros.

I mean not in a gay way (I wish), but it seems people with the same bodies have a lot to share.

edit on 13-8-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

lol yeah men tend to gravitate to men, gay or not.

Mostly because our physiology on what were really concentrating on are dif. You can be the biggest flamer on the planet, youre still wanting to look like any other male body builder, in fact, I know a lot of guys that were competitors that were gay, which made it absolutely hilarious when we were prepping to go on stage, because its still a brotherhood.

You could be a male that likes doin stuff to other males genitals more than any dude on the planet, and when the guy on stage poses, and flexes his quads, you and the straight bro guy next to you are both gonna go DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN......and then ask the guy what hes doing lol

Even though guys do their squats, and legs, youll find that women spend WAY more time on the squat rack, and doing kickbacks and stuff like that then guys do lol.

We want to be proportionate and have symetry, the gals, they want that BUTT! lol

But yeah i totally understand, with my health issues ive been having I miss it immensely, it was my outlet, my therapy. I cant wait to get well and get back to it again.

ahh also, if you find yourself really really sore, Amazon or whatever outlet you have, get some L_Glutamine, take it twice a day, it will be gone in no time. It helps get rid of your lactic acid that causes the soreness and such.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

If you havent figured it out, i #ing miss it tons.

I cant wait to get my gut health back and get back to it again

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Yeah, and I have total respect for gym sisters.

Just strange at first, you're in the same space but on totally different planets.
Don't come here to pick up a chick.

But I like my bros - it actually gives me an extra boost.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Yeah, and I have total respect for gym sisters.

Just strange at first, you're in the same space but on totally different planets.
Don't come here to pick up a chick.

But I like my bros - it actually gives me an extra boost.

Those chics are bad ass, I have a few female friends that do the "strongman" contests. they are beasts man, you watch these girls workout and they are just........not.......fkn around........

Dani Schwalbe is a friend of mine, and watching what this woman does blows my mind. but theres a dif between power lifting and body building for sure, however

Her deadlift is almost 500

Shes one of the strongest women around, but absolutely feminine its kinda funny

See her out at bars acting like a priss, then the next day watch her pull a firetruck.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Oh yeah, those women are out there.

Quite few, but whenever I train, she's there.

The one time my trainer and I had to move, because she said it's too much "testosterone".

I think my trainer made a joke, saying the "testosterone" is all me.
With the water crisis in Cape Town, I only shower after gym, but it occurred to me that I might be a bit smelly for ladies.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Funny though - between the reps, I know she's looking at me.

Sad to think we'll never be introduced.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Funny though - between the reps, I know she's looking at me.

Sad to think we'll never be introduced.

LoL you never know bud, dont worry about all that. Your soul purpose in the gym is fking gains. Put your headphones on, rep your # out. Stay on your diet and get your nutrition, and youll notice they start coming to you.

Honestly the biggest advice I can give you. Stay on your diet bud, your eggs your oatmeal in the morning, your veggies and chicken in the afternoon, maybe steak a couple times a week, and ANYTHING GREEN as far as veggies, eat eat eat.

And push yourself at the gym, with the sets above i said take 45 sec to a min inbetween and push it push it till you cant anymore, do it as many times a week as you can.

The biggest difference between people who "go to the gym" and the people who "benefit from the gym" and its visible, is effort. Let it hurt, let it burn, make it satisfying.

You got this my man, fk whats going on around you in there, put on the jams and go to work!

And post some before and afters!

Were rooting for you!

again if you need some advice or tweaking, or weight training ideas, feel free to message me man. I love helping people

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Red meat is essential for building muscle, although you can do well with chicken and fish as long as long you are getting enough nutrients from other sources.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
But what to do with these beautiful plastic buckets once the whey-protein is finished?

How funny we purchase plastic buckets and throw others away!
It's actually insane.
This whole industry!
At worst, why can't I bring a bucket and have it refilled?

I've got some long term ideas using them to grow edible plants.

Here is a more direct one of what to do with all those perfectly functional buckets.

And yip, that's me.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I'm Pescatarian.

Vegetarian and fish/seafood.

Am I getting results?

Yeah I'm very happy.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
When you been hunting in the bush with your bro.

And you come back to "civilization'.

Flip when we left everyone still looked happy.

We come back, and so many long faces.

What changed?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join