It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodybuilding and meat.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The only thing about meat and body building you have to know, is that it will be the only to keep you feeling full. You can get protein from other sources, but meat take longer to digest as compared to he other food groups. Meat also a terrible source of energy.

Calories can be your best friend or enemy depending on what your aiming for.
edit on 15-7-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A person doesn't need excess protein in the form of meat or otherwise to build lean muscle. There are different mechanisms for determining your protein needs. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, it is generally recommended that 10 to 35 percent of your daily calories come from protein. Additionally, the Food and Nutrition Board at the Institute of Medicine established recommended dietary intake levels for protein based on age.

Children ages 1 to 3 require 13 g, children ages 4 to 9 need 19 g and children ages 9 to 13 require 34 g of protein per day. These requirements increase to 46 g daily for girls ages 14 to 18 and 52 g of protein daily for boys ages 14 to 18. Women age 19 and over need 46 g of protein each day and men over the age of 19 need 56 g of protein daily.

Calculate Protein Needs

To determine your daily protein needs, you must first know your weight in kg. To convert your body weight into kg, simply divide your weight in pounds by 2.2. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends 0.8 g of protein per kilogram of body weight for healthy individuals. If you are under stress or moderately to vigorously active, use a number between 1.1 and 1.8 per day. To calculate your protein needs, multiply your weight in kg by the number of g of protein you require each day. For example, if you are a healthy individual and weight 70 kg, your protein needs would be 56 g of protein per day. If you are moderately active and weight 85 kg, you need 99 g of protein daily.

Protein is available in varying amounts in different kinds of foods. A 1 cup serving of milk is equal to 8 g of protein and an 8 oz. portion of yogurt provides 11 g of protein. On average, a 3 oz. piece of meat, poultry, fish or tofu contains 21 g of protein and a 1 cup serving of dry beans or legumes is equal to 16 g of protein. One medium egg, 1/4 cup of tuna and 2 tbsp of peanut butter provide 7 g of protein. Grain products such as whole grain bread, cereal, pasta, nuts, seeds and even some vegetables contain approximately 2 g of protein per serving.

Protein intake ranging from 1.4 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight to one gram per pound or more can be beneficial for an individual involved in an intense training program. Muscle growth is not controlled by the level of protein one takes; rather it is the growth demand caused by intense training or stress that will ultimately determine how much protein one should take in.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Now to me this is very strange.

After a lifting session (which gets heavier and heavier), it feels like life has been sucked out of you with a straw.

You must eat brother!

To me oats, or Bulgar wheat.

Fill that space, with less smoke and wine.

Chow down comrade.
This was supposed to be an experiment.

But now I understand what they mean.

There's no special diet, you do this thing (push weights) and the hunger and sleep comes automatically.
edit on 3-8-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Not saying after a while it's becoming a werewolf.

But you can feel your body change.

My shoulder-blades, for example.

I definitely feel different, and bigger.

The way I look at people, the way I zone in - it has changed.

All natural.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Dedicated to Poison: you don't need to be the heaviest, to be the best!

Poison - Flesh and Blood:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
If you want to body-build it is highly recommended you start eating meat again for the full benefits of a diet.

But I cannot.

Is it really all true?

The rice, the potatoes, the porridge - it is wrong?

Perhaps the carbs are wrong - eat steak morning, noon and bedtime.

But who can afford that?
And is it right anyway?

No when you heat meat above 100f it denatures the protein as well as stuff like sodium nitrate, growth hormones, anti biotics, dyes and other rubbish chemicals that all kill your liver.
An Australian rugby team split the players and fed half on fruit and vegetables and the others on the starch and carbs diet the fruit and veg eating players had far better performances, all of them.

On top of the meat chemicals I see you mention rice the naturally occurring chemicals in rice are arsenic, cyanide, opioids, oestrogen and about 9 phenols then if you have taken the bran off and eat the rice in it's white state in order for your body to absorb the sugar in your rice your cells will donate the missing nutrients that are required to absorb said sugar. and the oats have all the other grain chemicals in except the arsenic but if the grain has been GM'd then it can also cause diabetes and scitzophrenia.
The most nutritious food you can eat Is fruit that you eat within 3 hours of picking.
edit on 6-8-2018 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, it is generally recommended that 10 to 35 percent of your daily calories come from protein. Additionally, the Food and Nutrition Board at the Institute of Medicine established recommended dietary intake levels for protein based on age.

Do not believe anything that comes out of these organisations without thoroughly checking what they are saying is true normally they are just working for corporations.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Try a well balanced diet, I can't say that concentrating on any food group is good. With one exception.

Get a glucose monitor and eat things, meat, veg, fruit, pasta/breads/rice. See what spikes your blood glucose levels. Then set you diet accordingly.

Anyone who gives you a diet without taking into account your unique system is not helping. You need to eat a diet that:

1. you can eat-meaning if you stay on a crap diet you hate but then eat a whole gallon of chunky monkey while standing in your underwear with the freezer door open at 2AM. That isn't helping.

2. will give you the energy/nutrition to rebuild what you tear down (my opinion is eating beef-lots of good stuff in fatty beef).

3. you can afford-but eating a high quality diet is cheaper than you think. Especially when you cut out the $5 a bad chips and $2 soda pops multiple times a week. Plus you will find you won't "swing" into the crap fast food joints blowing through $10 for a shLt meal.

edit on 6-8-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, it is generally recommended that 10 to 35 percent of your daily calories come from protein. Additionally, the Food and Nutrition Board at the Institute of Medicine established recommended dietary intake levels for protein based on age.

Do not believe anything that comes out of these organisations without thoroughly checking what they are saying is true normally they are just working for corporations.

I've spent years on education and research. I've earned my master nutritionist license. People over-do the protein all the time. The numbers are true.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

If you want to take It to Its barest level You only need minerals you do not need any protein.

I've seen food nutritionists/scientists go on the media and say Mcdonalds food is OK and the food nutritionist body has done nothing about removing the advert or distancing themselves from It, It brings the whole show into disrepute.

And you quote there is protein in milk? not after its been pasteurised

heat denatures protein none of your figures are correct due to people normally cooking their food, heating amino acids above 75C denatures all of them.

edit on 6-8-2018 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

I was just stating the facts. Don't think I said anything about the process.
Personally I don't believe anyone should drink milk. There's plenty of delicious plant based milk around with a good amount of protein available. No one has to drink milk anymore.

On our farm years ago when I was a kid, the milk was never processed at all. From the cow to the bottle to the table served warm. Gross!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My trainer says - you must eat meat.
Even if just chicken.

I cannot.

Poison - Ride the Wind.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-8-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
White Lion - Little Fighter.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ive been lifting my entire life.

1. if you want to BUILD muscle, you better eat a TON of protein. 200 grams of protein per day minimum. you can get vegan protein, HEMP seeds are protein packed.

2. any athlete you see who claims they are vegan and FOS in a way. growing up, they ate meat to build mass. then once they hit 220 ripped with abs, they go vegan.

but you GOTTA eat protein all day long.

then its simple. squats, deadlifts, bench are you main go to lifts. squats monday, deadlifts thursdays.
right now im doing legs once a week, but doing bench and back twice a week, im training to bench 400 tho.
also, im a big guy, so i only need legs once a week, and you do legs when you do cardio in a way.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
At the gym.
No scale in the gents locker.
Somebody obviously didn't like what they saw.
And they smashed it.

Doesn't really matter, my trainer says, don't weigh yourself at the moment.

I'm going up or down?
Nice just being level.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
He says, oh you gained weight?

You must go up.

In my mind, no you must go down.

But gaining muscle, not fat.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm in my forties too, I know how it feels.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Tribulus Terrestris.
But does it work?

Noticed a change lately?

Not sure, but I would say it does something.
What funny herb you're using now?
Tribulus - Google it.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have been feeling a bit "manly" lately, but maybe it's just the colder temperature.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You took the bait, and now you're hooked.

But can one even be "hooked" on health?

Too much fresh air is unhealthy.

Outside - that's where all the trouble starts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join