It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodybuilding and meat.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
of course you can do without meat, there are many vegetarian body builders.
in gym i have a friend who refuses to eat meat and he is double the size of me and i'm really not that skinny.
gladiators back then didn't have meat as their main meal and it worked.

curd, eggs, beans.
also you have to learn how to combine food because the right mixture of amino acids make the protein more useful.

i wouldn't eat too much meat with all the hormones and antibiotics in it.
edit on 14-7-2018 by anticitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Has the zombie apocalypse hit?
Have to kerbcrawl some Perth "hot spots"

BYO salt & pepper

There are no hot spots in perth. Unless you're listening to a scanner. And then it's usually northbridge and the train station. And I don't mean for the cuisine.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Metallicus

Eggs are good - but you'd have to get free range non-cage to get the good stuff I'd imagine?

I hear they are radiated too, store bought cage eggs. So you can't plant them and grow your own. Where I live, that's all we have. Not a single egg I've planted has ever sprouted.

OP. Well, here's the thing. If you're going to build bodies, you need to use meat. You cannot build a body out of tofu and jasmine rice. You think you got it wrong, so you try again. And again. Before you know it, you've just created the backstreet boys.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
The terrible realization: It's either the wine or the protein shake.

A combination - it just sounds horrific.

I opt for the wine.

And then you can have loads of cheese. It's win/win !!

(just not sliced, individually wrapped cheese. No matter what you do to it, it never is cheese)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

You do not necessary need to eat steaks. If you do body-building to gain muscle mass, then you will need high amount of protein to your diet-plan. There are many sources for protein rich food beside steak. There are many guides around to help you with, but ultimate is up to you.

1. Here is a TDEE Calculatorthat will help you track your Macro nutrients( Maintenance, Cutting, Bulking.).

2. High Protein Vegetarian Meal Plan.

I posted the second link to give you an idea as to how a vegetarian meal looks like.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jim Scott
Eat eggs. I eat 3 ea morning. Keeps you from getting too protein-starved during the day. And nobody has to die.

Au contraire. 'Tis the one truth that we all must realise. The one fate that none shall ever evade. The reality of everything. Everybody will die. No amount of running, pleading, begging, arguing, debating, crying, dreading, hiding, hating.. will ever remedy that one simple fact. There will come a time, in your life, that will be sudden. You may be simply making a cup of coffee, or walking to the letter box. But it will strike, no matter what or when. An accident, a health issue, a crime. It won't matter, when the realisation that there is no next. No later. No tonight. No tomorrow. That thing you planned on the weekend, or that phone call you were going to make that afternoon. All you know, is that there is no next. The panic that fills you, as you lay there unable to move, is indescribable. Your every cell screams. Every hope, desire, want, regret, love, hate, floods your last thoughts. You will never get to do what you have planned. And that sudden realisation, that this is it... leads you to understand just how much you want everything. but there is no begging, no pleading. Once you are gone, this life is over. And as you lay there, gasping your final, last breath, your mind screams "Not now... Please, NOT NOW."

Life... it's a laugh, innit !!!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Why?

I mean, do you spend so much time in the gym, so you can spend even more time in the gym?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

45 minutes a day? That's not a long time to keep one self in shape. I do it on my lunch break at work ... I come back to my desk feeling refreshed and awake.
I don't understand why you have an issue with a person trying to keep healthy?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

If you want to body-build it is highly recommended you start eating meat again for the full benefits of a diet.

But I cannot.

Is it really all true?

The rice, the potatoes, the porridge - it is wrong?

Perhaps the carbs are wrong - eat steak morning, noon and bedtime.

But who can afford that?
And is it right anyway?

That sounds more like a keto diet...

Body builders eat meat and carbs.... Carbs being for energy, and proteins like meat for muscle repair

they eat 50 billion calories and pound out max weight to get muscle

Your diet only matters when it comes to carbs, fat, and protein when you're trying to lose weight...

IF you're trying to build muscle... its all about calorie intake... and being able to work said calories off

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

If you feel fine then whats the problem?

Me personally, need a little meat to feel ok, and greens.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Think hes talkin about the animals on your plate.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

45 minutes a day? That's not a long time to keep one self in shape. I do it on my lunch break at work ... I come back to my desk feeling refreshed and awake.

I don't, wasn't saying I had an issue with it. Sounded a lot more though.

I used to work out at lunch too, hard work keeping look out after an hours worth of beer down, after a quick snack on some cheap chinese food court nosh.

Just makes me wiggle an eye, sometimes.

*please help me, I'm suffocating in my own lethargic indifference*

But it is good to look after the temple, for it is where the spirit and the mind must fight.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Think hes talkin about the animals on your plate.

And one day, when we understand that even the lowly cockroach has been saying "Bloody hell, Humans. At it again. Killed Billy, Bobby, Barry, Barney, Barbara, Beth, Belinda, Brenda, and Carl just now. Saw it with my own compound eyes I did. *Whack* it went, and they were goners. Bastards. Humans, I 'ate 'em." all along, then we will be ruined with guilt... at least those of us, with a soul.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

I don't, wasn't saying I had an issue with it. Sounded a lot more though.

I used to work out at lunch too, hard work keeping look out after an hours worth of beer down, after a quick snack on some cheap chinese food court nosh.

Just makes me wiggle an eye, sometimes.

*please help me, I'm suffocating in my own lethargic indifference*

But it is good to look after the temple, for it is where the spirit and the mind must fight.

Fair enough ... but let me tell you that although being in shape is good and it has all the benefits one reads about in the glossy magazines you find at the dentist, at the end of the day I don't enjoy exercise, "I hates it". But I will never stop, because I enjoy the results.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
And people ask, why do you post so many pictures?

But they don't understand - you're working on yourself all the time.
You become your own statue, your own Da Vinci.
Are my efforts working?
You want to see yourself, and share it.

If they knew where I came from perhaps they would understand.
To me, it is a small victory every week.

AIDS be not proud, with the help of medication I have beaten you again.
And, I know it won't happen in a day, but going to get stronger still.

And thus with every breath
Every muscle
Is stolen from death.
edit on 14-7-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
But what can one expect from us "colonial" white males?

To paraphrase Whitman, it is our "barbaric yawp".

Flip, I was just smoothly gliding to bed, now I must look-up what Whitman actually said.

Yip, he did actually write that.
www.poets.org...
edit on 14-7-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

ah yes Walt ...a 'good ole boy'... he wrote some good poetry before he drew a cartoon of that mouse.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you want to body-build it is highly recommended you start eating meat again for the full benefits of a diet.

But I cannot.

Eat flesh then.

*pauses and looks up from leg snack*

Hmm?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You're not being critical, your being anecdotal. You haven't said anything at all really

"Do you need to eat meat to be a body builder?

No, says Derek Tresize, a vegan with a certification in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University and a WNBF pro natural bodybuilder with three first-place finishes

First let’s get one thing straight: there’s not much in animal foods that can’t be found in plants. Whole plant foods contain proteins, complex carbs, healthy fats, fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. On the flipside, animals contain no carbohydrates, no fibre, no antioxidants and very few vitamins or minerals, and they have more contaminants due to bioaccumulation (mercury in fish, for example), and potentially unhealthy substances such as saturated fat.

Animal proteins have the advantage of being more concentrated (often about 80-90% of the calories are from protein, while high-protein plants are closer to 50%) and containing more creatine and leucine. However, it’s still easy to hit your protein quota by eating plenty of legumes, green vegetables, nuts and seeds. There are also high-quality plant-based protein powders available if you need to supplement your diet. As for creatine and leucine, even meat eaters have to take supplements to get the amounts needed for serious muscle growth.

Eating plants will provide all the essential nutrients you need to build healthy lean body mass. Also, animal proteins take more time and energy to digest. Every vegan athlete I’ve spoken with, from endurance athletes to MMA fighters, describes feeling more energetic and enjoying faster recovery after eliminating animal proteins. In my experience, the only people convinced you need meat and fish for optimum muscle growth are those who are too scared to go without it."

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I see there's also a pea-based protein powder that's vegan.

Some magazines have raved over its benefits, but jeepers, it's even more expensive than most whey powder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join