It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodybuilding and meat.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If you want to body-build it is highly recommended you start eating meat again for the full benefits of a diet.

But I cannot.

Is it really all true?

The rice, the potatoes, the porridge - it is wrong?

Perhaps the carbs are wrong - eat steak morning, noon and bedtime.

But who can afford that?
And is it right anyway?

edit on 13-7-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
If you want to body-build it is highly recommended you start eating meat again for the full benefits of a diet.

But I cannot.

Is it really all true?

The rice, the potatoes, the porridge - it is wrong?

Perhaps the carbs are wrong - eat steak morning, noon and bedtime.

But who can afford that?
And is it right anyway?

Body builders, wrestlers and the like consume like 5 times the daily calories with meats, eggs etc. Huge meals to build muscle.

To develop those giant phyiques you need to eat like 5-7 big ass meals each days and work out.

Check into some of those guys routines...good luck too!
edit on 13-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

But I cannot.

Eat flesh then.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Spinach, man!

At least it worked for Popeye

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
For about 2 years I was dealing more with weight-loss.
Well HIV-poz.

But working now with a trainer.
He tells me I was actually underweight.
What I'm picking up now is muscle weight, not fat.
Very strange.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I went to school with a dude that used to obsessively work out. His diet consisted almost entirely of raw vegetables, piles of various nuts and large chunks of meat he'd either just eat like a #ing caveman or possibly wrap in lettuce then eat like a #ing caveman. He also did ridiculous # like randomly lift boulders or a 3 day trip with a nine mile hike up a mountain with nothing but several pounds of carrots, meat, some squash and a sleeping bag....his inspiration was Arnold Schwarzenegger from Conan...specifically conan.

On another note. I lost a bunch of weight the year I decided to try being a vegetarian and couldn't really gain it back until i started eating meat again. If you want to build muscle you need a high protein diet. You may be able to get by on nuts and supplements but meat is probably the way to go.
edit on 13/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You can eat eggs instead of meat.

I eat 4-6 eggs everyday.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
An impasse, I know.

Then got all these Vegans on social media, although I doubt they are for real.

I eat cheese and eggs, but to go back to eating meat?

Not sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What?
Well I say what, but close to what I'm doing too.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I am curious why you can’t eat meat. Can’t you eat lean meats like chicken and fish? I couldn’t live without my chicken and fish.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well I'm nominally Hindu (for years) and we don't eat meat.
It's more a karma thing.

What I Iooked like last week:

But my trainer's like, if you want to get bigger, you should add some chicken at least.

It's hard for me.
And to eat cow, or real meat - I don't think I can do it.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Has the zombie apocalypse hit?
Have to kerbcrawl some Perth "hot spots"

BYO salt & pepper

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

BUSTED!

They're coming for you now!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Have I hit my vegetarian ceiling.

I just say, naturally I let it go.

That is as good as it will get.

Or, if I eat meat, I can make twice that?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you want to build mass, and don’t eat meat. You need to eat a shi# load of protein. Go to Costco. Tons of protein supplements there. I have a protein rich shake every morning. But I also love my meat!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I always suspected there was agenda to spinach. You triggered me to look up.

www.neatorama.com...

Few people know that the U.S. government is directly responsible for Popeye's dependence on the canned green vegetable. In the 1930's, America was mired in the Great Depression.

The U.S. government was looking for a way to promote iron-rich spinach as a meat substitute. To help spread the word, they decided to hire one of America's favorite celebrities, Popeye the Sailor Man. It was a smart plan. And it worked like a charm.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Eggs and tuna are cheap protein. I think I read you need to eat your weight, say 180 lbs means you should eat 180 grams of protein. I got looking pretty good, muscles were poppin for about 2 years. It's too much effort though. My job is laborious and I was too tired and tired of eating so much. I got to 190lbs, and people were complimenting me. Too much hassle though. Now I'm back to a skinny 175. I'm 6'. Eat a lot of whatever and lift . It'll start showing. And the ladies will definitely notice. Ask a girl if there's a vet nearby. Why? Cuz these puppies are sick as you point to your biceps

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Um cant you just eat tons of creatine with the other protein etc and be about all set?

Arent vegetarians supposed to supplement with it anyways?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Whoa! Put those guns away!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Cheese and eggs is good, ultimately you need to make sure you get all your essential amino acids.
essential amino acids

We can't make 9 ourselves, we have to consume them. Want to build body mass? You'll need protein, you'll need the acids we cannot create internally

Just need a varied diet. Beans, grains, nuts and fruits would be more than enough. If you're supplementing with eggs and cheese it'll make things a lot easier.

Might sound silly but chew your food well or go with the likes of porridge, things that are easily digested.

Eating meat would be easier but it isn't impossible to body build whilst being a vegetarian. Just have to plan out a diet, it needn't be expensive either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join