It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do autistic people have a greater risk of adverse reactions to the HPV vaccine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do autistic people like myself have have a greater risk of adverse reactions to the current HPV vaccine(Gardasil 9) like their condition becoming worse even if I've never had an allergic reaction to vaccines before? Asking because I'm considering getting the three shots that make up the HPV vaccine course as the NZ Government is offering it free to me until I am 26 and it would be nice to have another layer if protection when I have be girlfriend and we start having sex.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am not sure why you would even want to get the HPV vaccine. It is a risk without significant reward. When we had our daughter vaccinated they kept trying to push that one on her. I totally get vaccines against Polio, mumps etc, but for low risk things like Chkcen Px or HPV I just don’t think it passes the risk vs reward test.

Even the mumps vaccine is questionable. I contracted mumps when I was around 8 years old and it sucked, but it wasn’t that bad.

All vaccines have underrated risks because of the big-pharma money suppressing the competing science.

I would be cautious.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

I'm not really sure but I'll tell you my experience with it (non eventful) and my personal 2 cents.

If I had male chromosomes I would personally skip it. While it reportedly prevents 90% of the wart causing HPV, it's really intended to prevent cervical cancer in women, and doesn't protect against all strains of HPV. Most men reportedly show no signs of having the disease so when they do find out they have it, it can be a surprise.

I'm a woman, I had the shots when I was about 15 or 16 I think- I did not have an adverse reaction to my knowledge.

My son was born on the spectrum, and then I was placed shortly after he was diagnosed. Or labeled. Whatever- he's a cool little dude no matter what name they put on his behavior.

My best advice to you is to practice the safest sex you can. It's okay to be selective, it's okay to be free, but be S A F E, and although it can be expensive, get tested regularly. I get blood work done once a year now. When I was younger I would go in and get a test before having a new partner, and a test a few months later to check in. I might just have been paranoid but I did what I could to be fair to myself and others.

Best wishes regardless if you get the shot or not.

PS I couldn't find any information about HPV vaccines affecting those with Autism but if you have a link to something or if anyone else does please send it my way because my son has autism and I want to be aware of the changing studies and information that's available out there.

-Alee
edit on 7/13/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

Yes get the vaccine. Anyone that tells you differently has bought into a really damaging conspiracy theory. Big Pharma doesn't make money on cures, they make it on treatment. If they give you a cure, you can be confident that it works because it makes they are not making money like they could versus just giving you a treatment.

top topics

join