It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Indicts 12 For Russian Hacking

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It really depends on a number of things like the protocol you are using to transfer. Usually, when hacking you're not using a high speed protocol. Sneaking around through the back door entrances comes at the cost of speed. So unless you're arguing that the dems were so vulnerable they left the front door open, you don't really have a point.

But lets say the transfer speed is possible from the kremlin. How does the FBI know it came from there? How do they expect to prove in court that it did without the server in question? Why did comey sabotage mueller's interview with assange/wikileaks who offered to provide evidence that their emails did not come from russia?

See, these indictments are dubious at best because:
A) There is no extradition
B) The FBI has never examined the server and now it's far too late
C) No reasonable prosecutor would believe they could convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt without the victimized equipment.
D) We saw what happened when one of the Russians showed up in court to defend themselves (Mueller tried to tell them they didn't have the right to do that because he messed up)

It's amazing that you guys want to believe this so badly that you're actually satisfied with pathetic indictments like these. It's insanity to the extreme. This is a waste of money. This is a counter intelligence investigation that they're trying to masquerade as a criminal investigation for political purposes. It's obvious. If it weren't we would simply be getting reports on what they did so we could harden our systems against them.

Wake up.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Think it through. The whole opposition, people losing it over Mueller, is premised in the idea that there's some great conspiracy to take down Trump. Yet every time Mueller indicts somebody, Trump supporters are quick to yell "nothing 'bout Trump!"

It's like they expect that there will be.

It's not that difficult to understand. Above all else, the right fears the anti Trump establishment, never Trumpers and the dems won't give Trump a fair shake. And let's face it. The anti Trump two year meltdown does nothing to mitigate that concern.

But keep deriding a substantial portion of your fellow Americans. I doubt they will forget, and you should have several more years during which you can rant about their lunacy.
edit on 13-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Timing is everything - hahahaha

What a tosser

Saved it for the an opportune moment like the hearings on Strzok, and now with Lisa Page going full speed ahead. Trump must be happy.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Is it illegal to take something from something that is illegal and not supposed to exist.
If it is shouldn't the person with the illegal server be in trouble too ?
Without the illegal server there would not have been and illegal hacks.......right ?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Quote me saying that. You have me confused with your own preconceptions on what others who disagree with you believe. I don't fit into your box no matter how badly you want me to, sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is the defense going to ask to see the evidence against them?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: network dude

Fire up robocopy, xcopy or whatever you favor and do a large batch copy. I'll bet you'll get a sustained transfer rate of about 20-25 MB/s.

Why are you comparing HD to HD copying, with file transfers between two locations thousands of miles away over the atlantic connection ?

Suppose one hacks a server in DC as an intermediary, then transfers files from the target server to the intermediary?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Hope to see pardons for ALL of Mueller's indictments (canceling out his work, like he canceled out Obama's entire Residency)

I support and will support Trump no matter what.

Yeah, even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue, eh?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Second reminder.....

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Community Announcement re: Decorum
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Fri Jul 13 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Kharron

and it comes the day after strzok testifies and the day of pages testimony.

Just like the manufactured outrage over separating illegal immigrant minors as required by the Flores ruling came the day the IG report was released.

The President was briefed on this several days ago, prior to the clown act by the GOP.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The indictments are quite in depth in regards to how the Democrats were hacked by those being indicted. it doesn't matter if they show up or not. The FBI just gave us all the evidence proving that Russia was behind the hack and it all conveniently started the day Trump asked Russia to find the emails on national television.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Jobeycool

If Trump can learn Putin's secret next week, there would be no way hackers could stop him from being re-elected. He might even learn how to be President-4-life...like Putin!

The US doesnt have presidents for life. Any American dumb enough to even think or want that should retake high school civics (if they even took one)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

with comments like those I bet you often forget to measure to scale, you musta had a lot of ex-clients chasing you, and not in a good way.
LOL

can you point out how the Russian hackers transferred the contents of a thumb drive to the Kremlin?

this has been bought up many times, and yet you never bothered to look it up. Well played.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

they used FTP duhhhh

IMO the HD was DD'd from a Kali bootable USB it's pretty easy and can be done in forensic mode
edit on 13-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So does this new same old BS all hinge on a single TOR exit node in Russia, AGAIN?

You cant send entire email archives and ATTACHMENTS, everything, over the TOR network and not grow old trying.

Its not about the possible download speed an average user could get on facebook or Utorrent. Encryption adds time. Period.

You can not "hack" and then download an entire server over TOR. You could set something up where the machine slowly sends you bits of info without setting off alarms for a MASSIVE download.

Where is the voice of the IT community in all this? I imagine they must be sympathetic to these claims of Russian hacking. Its prolific right?. Or are they silent...

Crowdstrike doesnt count.

The FBI has not released their communications with Crowdstrike over Crowdstrikes examination of the DNC servers.

The FBI never saw the servers. They saw a digital "copy".

How in hell will this nonsense be demonstrated in court? Have at it.

edit on 7 13 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

ISC.gov

I get all their e-mail alerts not sure maybe I missed something

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I mean, if a packet is traveling across the network it still have to know the source and destination IP in the header right?

... I mean, even if you do use a proxy the network still sends the packet to the ISP and then the ISP routers the packet

it's almost bed time not correcting anything

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
And I told someone just the other day that Guccifer 2.0 wasn't a real person.

And you are a real person?
Wait, don't answer that.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join