It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Russian hackers charged with DNC Cyber Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: matafuchs

IMPOSSIBLE.
Obama told Putin to "Knock it off!".

And when Putin didn't, Obama told his Counter-Cyber unit to "Stand Down!"

It SMELLS like secret collusion/conspiracy, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

If you can't figure out, by now, that either Trump knew about this and willingly worked with a hostile foreign government to win the presidency or he's just too dumb to realize how much assistance he was getting then you're blinding yourself or intentionally performing doublethink.

Grab the email for what reason? Unless there was an insider your logic is flawed in thinking anyone knew a thing about what was in the emails, so we either have a random attack as they always do, or an insider pissed off about what Hillary and the DNC did to Sanders.

They said no American is a part of the investigation, so does that means Obama could still be a part of this?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can anyone name me an election in American history that wasn't meddled with by outside (foreign) agencies?

Can anyone name a foreign election the the US did not meddle in?

The funny part is no one talks about that the emails were true, and IF the DNC did not pull a Hillary on Sanders there would not be anything to talk about. If I was a liberal I would thank Russia for identifying those email to me.

I still want to send Russia a fruit basket or a gift card.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I heard different....

That video is a disgrace...he acts like a state house rep not the president of the US...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's so, so much more than 'just emails!'

I don't know how you can't see that by now. Sure, this one news story indicates that emails were a big part of it, but there was also the hacking part and the congressional candidate asking for assistance from these hackers for his/her race, the indication that the hackers attempted, numerous times, to hack into state election systems over the summer of 2016. All of that indicated by these indictments.

It all just piles on to the existing knowledge; Russia spending millions of dollars on targeted digital advertising meant to divide and polarize Americans, Russians encouraging and covering the costs of 'protests' across the country, the attempted and wildly successful infiltration of a presidential candidate's campaign by, not just one, but dozens of operatives.

That last point should be making every American angry enough to want to do something. That a foreign power would work directly to, not only influence, but take over an entire presidential campaign for their own interests, namely; lifting sanctions on their nation and reducing the power, leadership and influence of America on the world stage.

I can believe that Trump was totally unaware early on. Somewhere in the late-summer of 2016 and certainly into the fall (after he started to receive intel briefings) I can't believe he didn't know what was going on. All I can think is that he became complicit when it was showing that the efforts were working in his favor and then, instead of just owning up to his mistake after winning, he kept the lie going. That is the most Trump-friendly explanation I can think of.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The DNC has been hacked more times than the cast from every Friday The 13th. movie.
Russia
China
NoKo
Iran
Pakistan
Awans
Guccifer
Seth
Rhode Island
Harambe

edit on 14-7-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Other than the indictments themselves, none of this information is new. It's all been in the news from over a year ago. If this is all they have, I can see why they were such a long time coming out with it.

This is just a lame attempt to justify the Mueller investigation and at the same provide an excuse for the Rosenstein debacle. "We couldn't answer questions or give you your documents because of this important ongoing investigation." Like the Russians were going to get away or cover their tracks if the FBI cooperated with the House committee.

It's so lame. Rosenstein had a smirk on his face all through the testimony which led some to speculate whether he believed he had some kind of ace in the hole. If this is his ace, it's time to end the FBI Russia investigation and get rid of Mueller and Rosenstein both.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I can believe that Trump was totally unaware early on. Somewhere in the late-summer of 2016 and certainly into the fall (after he started to receive intel briefings) I can't believe he didn't know what was going on. All I can think is that he became complicit when it was showing that the efforts were working in his favor and then, instead of just owning up to his mistake after winning, he kept the lie going. That is the most Trump-friendly explanation I can think of.

And Obama was where in all this? I think he was President at the time, and the time before, it was all on his watch, but you think Trump somehow was suppose to know all. Russia want's disruption and that is what they got and what they have today. They don't care who wins as long as people feel it wasn't 100% legit they did their job. Same thing the CIA has been doing for 60 years or more.

What mistakes did Trump do? Did he pay for the emails like the DNC and Hillary did for the dossier? The dossier has Russian fingers all over it too, so how do you explain that?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Everyone keeps forgetting that they attempted...but failed...to hack the RNC servers too.
DNC operations were so shady and amateur...Everyone was able to get in.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I’m thinking of applying for the new IT guy of the DNC, the old ones did a terrible job.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Do you have a bulletproof vest?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Is a hack of Clinton's email server mentioned in this indictment?
Were the missing emails that Trump joked about available anyplace mentioned in this indictment?

edit on 7/14/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yep. People forget that it's just what Russia does, and always has done.

I posted this in another thread in response to a post, but it is relevant in this reply as well:

I have no doubts that Russia attempted to hack. They hack everyone. They attempted to hack the RNC too, but their security was sufficient.

I see Russia IP's in the logs of servers that I maintain every day. I ban IP's from Russia every day that are attempting to access things that they should not. I wish I could block the whole country, but there are reasons that we need access to some sources in that country.

I also see access attempts from China, Africa, Egypt, other Asian countries, and others. Russia and China are the two main PIA's.

I think it would be more odd if Russia had never attempted to hack the DNC. Why would they leave them alone but hack the rest of us?

This has nothing to do with Trump. This is SOP for Russia.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

DNC operations were so shady and amateur...Everyone paid to get in.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Is a hack of Clinton's email server mentioned in this indictment?

I don't believe so. I went through the 29 pages pretty quickly. It mostly discussed the DNC and DCCC servers.

You can see for yourself here:
Justice Department indictment on 12 Russian hackers

Were the missing emails that Trump joked about available anyplace mentioned in this indictment?

No. I've read the FBI got those from somewhere else but don't know the details. All I have about that is secondhand hearsay.

I don't believe any of this myself. I still am going with the Seth Rich angle.

These FBI people are their counter intelligence experts. This is a government definition of that:

Counterintelligence (CI) Agent: Officers in this specialty leverage core CI functions to execute and conduct activities to identify, deceive, exploit, disrupt, or protect against espionage

Defense Intelligence Agency

In other words, propaganda and lies, the big lie. These people got where they are today because they are the best liars in the FBI.
edit on 14-7-2018 by toms54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

What does this tell us? Rosenstein assigned these 12 indictments to the DOJ's equivalent of ATS SKUNKWORKS for follow-up.

DOA BABY! theconservativetreehouse.com... ion/

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
And Obama was where in all this?

You don't remember those "spies" that infiltrated the Trump campaign? What, did you really think they were there to harm Trump and his bid for the presidency? Do you not remember the reports that the Obama administration gave to both campaigns warning of possible Russian infiltration and to notify the FBI if any contact with any Russian citizens was made and how the Trump campaign, despite numerous contacts, made no report to the FBI?

I think he was President at the time, and the time before, it was all on his watch, but you think Trump somehow was suppose to know all.

Eventually, Trump (being the stable genius that he is) had to have figured it out. Like I said, early on, he could've been totally unaware of what the Russian government was doing to his campaign but somewhere between July 2016 and February 2017 he should've guessed what was going on. Either he's dumb or he's complicit.

Russia want's disruption and that is what they got and what they have today. They don't care who wins as long as people feel it wasn't 100% legit they did their job. Same thing the CIA has been doing for 60 years or more.

So meddling in foreign affairs is totally OK, we're just getting some of our own medicine. A wildly unpopular president who lost the popular vote in the election should still get our full support for his policies because 'respect the office, not the man.' Something along those lines? I'm sure that all worked out so well for the countries that the CIA meddled with.

What mistakes did Trump do? Did he pay for the emails like the DNC and Hillary did for the dossier? The dossier has Russian fingers all over it too, so how do you explain that?

How about constantly ignoring the reports and suggestions of the intelligence community throughout the 2016 campaign? How about, despite numerous warnings from the federal government, Trump continued to hire people who were directly connected to many wealthy Russian oligarch's who, in turn, were directly connected to Vladimir Putin?

This wasn't even six degrees of separation, this was two or three degrees. Again, either Trump was dumb or he was complicit.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So meddling in foreign affairs is totally OK, we're just getting some of our own medicine. A wildly unpopular president who lost the popular vote in the election should still get our full support for his policies because 'respect the office, not the man.' Something along those lines? I'm sure that all worked out so well for the countries that the CIA meddled with.

Do you feel the Russians cost Hillary the Presidency? So not winning the popular vote 28% to 27% of voters is a reason to NOT support the President? What country are you from again?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Exactly!
My post that you are responding to was in response to those blaming Trump's joke for the cause of the hacks leading to these indictments.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Exactly!
My post that you are responding to was in response to those blaming Trump's joke for the cause of the hacks leading to these indictments.

OK. I see that now that I went back to check. If there are any other questions you want the wrong answer to, don't hesitate to ask.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join