It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMLO’s (Mexico) austerity plan includes 50% pay cut for lawmakers ...Hey, Mr, Trump, look!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Heh... no, thats the prior administration, and indeed certain elements within the CIA you are thinking of.

Get your head out of the sand man.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I would! I would also say that so was the incredible flip flop he tried to cover as his having misspoken, on the matter of Russia's involvement in messing with elections.

To say that confidence in the man ought to be critically low, given that alleged blunder (more like outright loss of connection with reality), would be to understate the matter entirely.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

To say that confidence in the man ought to be critically low, given that alleged blunder (more like outright loss of connection with reality), would be to understate the matter entirely.

Uh, well.........I dunno. From where I sit, i.e., pretty much in a canyon at the end of the road in the middle of absolutely nowhere, that is to say........between "nothing" and "nowhere", its hard to say how this is playing out with the fervent Trump supporters, his base and those who voted for him only to say hell no to HRC.

Its hard to say, because though many won't actually admit it, many Trumpsters actually admire Putin. They see him restoring Russia to its conservative roots. They see he's restored and empowered the Russian Orthodox church and is an advocate for family values, campaigning for Russian women to have larger families and such.

The wife and I were watching TV series popular here, i.e., "The Tunnel" and in several episodes, one of the characters described her growing up in a South American Nazi German town named Colonia Dignidad. The episodes basically hinted at a political theory about the US and the Democrat party ties to the German Nazi Party. Democrat administrations, FDR/Truman engineered Operation Paperclip that brought scores of Nazi scientists to the US. Those same administrations turned a blind eye to thousands of Nazi's and their wealth relocating to South America and indeed may have worked with them through the OSS (CIA predecessor) in influencing South American elections and governments. Why? To counter Communism, initially, to secure help in defending the Panama canal.

Today's US Democrats and their so-called Leftist wing claim to be Liberals, but their demands and insistence on Political Correctness and rigorous insistence on "censored" free speech betray a definite "authoritarian" mind set. By the same token, they call the Trump supporters "Nazi's". So.......they're saying that the American alt-Right Nazi's support Putin? I think that's an over reach, but...........what does it say about the US Leftists that they hate and attack Israel all the time and damn near demand maintenance of a a near-state of war with Russia? And, as well, Putin is avidly anti-Nazi! He see's Nazi's EVERYWHERE and his biggest fear/bogie man is the old Nazi party activists in Ukraine. And he hates HRC! What does he know that we don't?

I don't have the answers and I'm not purporting to know if my musings are correct or not, but..........what does connecting the dots lead us to?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Can't we kidnap this guy, adopt him as one of our own and get him to stand for office here in the UK.

Obviously I don't know that much about the man but at first glance he does seem to be a politician of conviction and wants what's best for his country.....whether he can deliver or not is another question altogether.

Quite different from The Tories version of Austerity!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

There are some corrections that need making to your statement.

People are not calling Trump supporters Nazis. People are saying that there are Nazis in his support base, and they would also be right to point out that there are Nazis and sympathisers all throughout the Republican base. That is not the same as saying that Republicans, or Trump supporters are Nazis. Context, nuance, these things ARE important (something, by the way, which seems entirely lost on Trump and those following him).

And another thing. US leftists do not "attack" Israel, do not engage in antisemitism (although that is very common in the aforementioned Republican and Trump support base) or anything of the sort. What they DO, which is entirely legitimate and indeed absolutely necessary, is refuse to turn a blind eye to violations of international law, and a refusal on the part of the Israeli government, to accept that settlements outside their borders are not acceptable and are an oppressive act which cannot be overlooked.

There is a massive difference, between antisemitism, and being against the Israeli government, a huge difference. That there is a difference is not a matter which requires debate, it is simply a fact. Judaism, the religious and cultural, ethnic descriptor, and Israel, a nation with a government no cleaner than any other, are NOT like unto one another, and to criticise the government of Israel is NOT to do down the religious beliefs, cultural origins or even the genetic identity of ANY single, or group of Jews. They are COMPLETELY separate issues.

And one more thing... It is not authoritarian to insist that people refrain from phobic responses to people, based on nothing other than the tone of their skin, the accent they might have, their sexual identity, gender, orientation or the assumed religious beliefs or cultural origins they have. It is not authoritarian to insist that people accept the inherent humanity in all people, nor to insist that all people are treated equally well by the state, and indeed by people in general. It is not authoritarian in the least to insist that the law reflect the right of all people to be treated with respect, decency, by making a criminal matter out of a refusal on the part of a person, company or legislative body, to accept the humanity and the rights of folk to be treated with respect. That is not authoritarian in the slightest. Authoritarian thinking would hold that no one is permitted to be different, that all difference between people be eradicated until there is just a homogeneous group of near identical, cookie cutter people, of precisely matched skin tones, dialects, sexual and gender identities, cultural origins and religious beliefs.

That is NOT what the left are after. The left are after ensuring that no matter a persons religion, colour, origins or sexual/gender identity, that they are treated with basic respect and decency by all, as a matter of course, and that failure of people to treat others with that basic respect, becomes a violation of law, as it damned well should have been for years already.
edit on 19-7-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I would welcome that, except that, for all our nation could use the help at the moment, we already have a very committed politician in this country whose methodology is similar, AND the fact that despite our troubles, Mexico needs the kind of leadership that AMLO is showing, a damned sight more than we do right now. Things are not great here, but our drug cartels are... shall we say, somewhat less blatant than the Mexican equivalent?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Mexico needs the kind of leadership that AMLO is showing, a damned sight more than we do right now.

Did you mistype ALMO instead of ALAMO? Just asking..

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

My apologies! I have a bit on just now, let me go and rectify that!

Cheers for the heads up!

Oh... I see what you did there... tsk,tsk!

edit on 19-7-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Sorry mate....Jeremy Corbyn just ain't for me.

Shared a stage with terrorists, refused to condemn those terrorists whilst criticising our Armed Forces.
Will strip us of our independent nuclear deterrent - last thing we need just now.

How can he be trusted with the security of this country?

Life long opponent of the EU - I admired his stance going against his party whip etc - then as soon as elected Labour leader he changed tack and publicly advocated Remain.

He panders to the more PC side of Labour and the snowflakes and is typical of the southern middle class types that dominate Labour now.
They are as removed from the realities of life for many of us as their Tory counterparts are.

Its a shame because I do agree with many of his domestic policies.

But I digress....seems to be becoming a bit of a habit this....best discussed at length elsewhere mate.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

: D
edit on 21-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join