It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland bans the importation of goods from Israeli settlements.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Unfortunately, it is a mere drop in the bucket compared to how much is produced by slave labor and sweat shops all around this hideous Earth.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Don't type Us...

but is this because Israel™ is 'Home" to 'the chosen ones'?

www.truetorahjews.org...

www.nkusa.org...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"May the wind be at Yer back, Eire..."

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

In all fairness, other countries do not go around accusing people of anitsemitism, or whatever they would cry foul, when someone or thing engages Israel by saying no....

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wiley Irishmen this is nowhere near the same as banning all Israeli products, seems that there isn’t much industry in the settlements and even then how are you going to discern say foodstuffs from the settlements once they hit Israel proper this is a hollow political play.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good for Ireland. A country should be able to make its own decisions, not be bullied and summoned for a reprimand. Summoned for a 'reprimand'; that was too funny to read. Who do they think the Irish politicians are -- Americans? That they're just going to fold over some money? Or a dual citizenship?

More of this needs to happen, outside of the UN, so it cannot be vetoed by the country that always vetoes anything and everything against Israel.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Gotta love the anti-semites on ATS. They have no problem with goods from dictatorships, terrorsits and Communists, but let’s deny imports from the only democracy and friendly nation in the entire region. Fools.

Gotta love those ATS members who don't know the definition of antisemitism and try to apply it to people just to put them down... as has been a long tradition for anyone speaking out against human rights violations committed in the region for decades.

"Hey people shouldn't be bulldozed!"
"Shut up, Hitler! You're an antisemite!"

Let's see how much longer people fall for this. Seems Ireland won't.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If you can't beat the big bully should you allow the little bullies to do whatever they wish?

I think we should all do what we are able and not try to take on the entire worlds evils at once.

Do you agree?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DanDanDat

Because if Israel cannot use those settlements to aid in wealth generation, then the families in the contested settlements will earn less money and be less able to sustain themselves, forcing them to return to areas which are not under boycott.

Or they could ban all of Israel goods and get them to shut down the settlements even faster... if that's what's important.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Because if Israel cannot use those settlements to aid in wealth generation, then the families in the contested settlements will earn less money and be less able to sustain themselves, forcing them to return to areas which are not under boycott.

Or they could ban all of Israel goods and get them to shut down the settlements even faster... if that's what's important.

Good luck with that Israeli corporations have hands in about every field, especially high tech and military industries, I for one won’t be giving up my Intel CPUs.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: ntech

Don't type Us...

but is this because Israel™ is 'Home" to 'the chosen ones'?

www.truetorahjews.org...

www.nkusa.org...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"May the wind be at Yer back, Eire..."

Thats part of it but here's the other reason. 2000 years ago the first century Jews triggered a nasty curse. And by my best guess it ends in the mid to late 2020s. Then the problem is Leviticus 26. Per that compact between the Jews and their God he agreed to defend them against aggression by foreign powers.

Now look at the history of the past 80 years. Even though the Jews have undergone quite a bit of hatred and taken their lumps their aggressors have had it much worse. 1945 Germany destroyed. 1948 superior Muslim armies were embarrassed by their poor showing. 1967 and 73 the same thing happened. And various other actions since then.

The current version of Israel appears to be the end time Israel predicted in the bible. Therefore taking any actions against it is really temping fate along with ancient magics and compacts. I wouldn't be doing it myself.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

No they couldn't.

You KNOW if they did that, they would be accused by even more figures of potential anti-semitism. It doesn't matter when Israel says that, because Israel accusing someone of anti-semitism, is par for the course for anyone the country has ever been admonished by. But if Ireland were to give a blanket ban on ALL Israeli goods, people from other quarters would be more inclined to side with Israel for a start, AND it would lend a false legitimacy to the claims made by Israel, as to the motivations of those boycotting.

As it stands, the only affected products, are those which are derived from the illegal settlements, leaving everyone except the Israeli government, in absolutely no doubt whatsoever, that the action is entirely aimed at the illegal settlements, not Israel in general.

It is the scalpel, applied in place of the far less precise hammer, and exactly what this situation could best benefit from.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
what hypocrites. IRA ring a bell??

That's exactly why they're doing this, the IRA are buddies with the PLO and the Irish have the political wing of the IRA as part of their opposition.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
the IRA are buddies with the PLO...

I would love to see a source for that claim.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It's widely known
www.washingtonpost.com... erm=.6de9b5b74701
But what really bugs me as someone who has been a victim of the IRA scum is when people start demanding sources for things that are commonly known about them as if to try and imply they aren't that bad or they maybe even had any real support. Maybe you're OK with their rewriting of history.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Dude. That was 40 years ago. Much has changed in the world since then.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It's widely known
www.washingtonpost.com... erm=.6de9b5b74701
But what really bugs me as someone who has been a victim of the IRA scum is when people start demanding sources for things that are commonly known about them as if to try and imply they aren't that bad or they maybe even had any real support. Maybe you're OK with their rewriting of history.

The IRA had no compunction as to whom they got weapons from and I think if you were in what you felt was a struggle for your country you wouldn't care too much were support was coming from.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They are going to stop importing self hate?

*rimshot*

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Oh the irony. Ireland by it self wont have any effect, but if this trend continues the most to suffer will be the Palestinians.
In 2015, after a BDS campaign, SodaStream moved it's production from the settlements into Israel. More than 500 Palestinian employees were fired. Since then, the SodaStream stock has quadrupled in value, while the Palestinian unemployment rate reached a 15-year high of 30%.

Also, for the people who think that this is done by the Irish to somehow promote "freedom" and statehood for the Palestinians, I assure you that the Irish politician don't give a flying f%@# about the Palestinians or human rights. This is done strictly for the interests of internal politics.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

But what really bugs me as someone who has been a victim of the IRA scum

And i can say exactly the same about the crown forces..

You can't sit there and tell me the brits weren't murdering innocent people too

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Quite the old thread you just bumped here.

Is the ban still in place? I hope so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join