It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on CBS News live broadcast.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
He wants to control the media. He hates freedom of speech.

They brought it upon themselves just like Fox News did with Obama. Basically the same story, but different political positions. I just wonder how many retracted stories Fox had covering Obama compared to CNN covering Trump. I’d be willing to bet CNN has had far more retracted stories compared to Fox News though. I also don’t remember Fox News labeling Obama voters as uneducated racists like CNN likes to portray about people who voted for Trump. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter though. There are plenty of other outlets to get the news from.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Are you serious? Haha

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2
IDK if this is on regular network channel feed, I use a roku streamer and the CBSN app on it.......
Dont have a you tube of this, likely too soon, press conference still on as I'm typing this.
Trump & UK Prime minister live press conference.
Trump fielded some questions, and told the CNN reporter that he didn't speak to CNN as they are fake news and not a real network.
CNN rep could be heard saying that CNN is a real network.
Trump has said similar stuff before, of course, but this is first time he's ever directly said this directly to a represenative of a network, isn't it?

I know, no big deal, right? Just made me laugh.

Big deal, especially as he then took a question from Fox News, which is the ultimate in fake news. Sadly, it's par for the course for the Bloviator who hates it when real journalists fact check his nonsense.
By the way in the UK Fox News is no longer listed as a news channel, it's in the entertainment section.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here's the clip.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Coming from the people who supported Obama's every move when he went after reporters and used the IRS against Conservatives.

thehill.com...

Obama's legacy: The trashing of free speech

No administration in memory has more thoroughly undermined freedom of speech and of the press than that of President Obama. From the White House itself, as well as the independent and executive branch agencies, have come a steady stream of policies, initiatives, and pronunciamentos that have threatened or compromised both of these constitutional rights.

TDS is a real thing folks.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think it's very telling that it finally took a billionaire from New York to actually start sounding like the president is one of us.

I do too. I think it's extremely telling that he's able to make his base feel like he's one of them when the reality couldn't be further from the truth.

It's not a mystery though.

He's the ultimate Fox News viewer. He's besties with Hannity, tight with Dobbs, Pirro and O'Reilly. He's also a longtime friend of Geraldo. Ingraham is a huge vocal supporter. Carlson has been less overt (his son btw was working with Roger Stone of all people during the campaign) but he's found his pro-Trump stride. He reportedly has bi-weekly conference calls with Rupert Murdoch. He was well acquainted with Ailes (the father of hyperpartisan broadcast media) before his death, employed him as a campaign advisor after he got canned and now he's got ex-Fox co-President Bill Shine as WH communications director.

He's also personal friends with Chris Ruddy (Newsmax CEO).

It's not an accident that he "sounds like one of [you]" — he's a populist demagogue who molds his rhetoric using what is the most emotionally appealing right-wing propaganda (grievance, nativism, ultranationalism, xenophobia), taken directly from the masters. He's tapping directly into the source. He knows all the strings to pluck. He also got a perhaps unsurprising Clintonesque (Bill, not Hillary) thing going. Bill was really good at impromptu "I feel your pain" speaking. He was also good at lying with a straight face.

And of course, there's nothing that he won't say ("he doesn't have a filter!") which is taken by his supporter as strength in the face of the dreaded "PC" and as an indicator of being "genuine" which people mistake for honesty — which is ironic because his speech is dense with lies and misinformation. He doesn't care if what he says isn't true, it's about the reaction not the reality. He doesn't apologize EVER because a) that would be taken as a sign of weakness and b) it leaves things in a chaotic state of ambiguity. He's also good for lying about things he's lied about all to promote a certain uncertainty to buffer him from accountability for his lies.

He sounds like you because he says what you want to hear. He's a natural showman and he's got a real knack for demagoguery.

History is replete with populists who said what people wanted to hear and Pied Pipered them to disaster. Tens of millions of people are mesmerized by televangelists who convince them that Jesus wants them to buy him a new jet and a 4th mansion.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
dupe
edit on 2018-7-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nobody cares about his rhetoric other than MSM and the left. All I care about is he follows through on campaign promises, which he's done a really well job on. It's pretty nice electing a president that does pretty much everything he promised during the campaign trail instead of the complete opposite like we've seen with previous presidents.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think there is a difference between controlling the media and reigning in downright liars.

YMMV

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Lots of discussion in this thread about how Trump and Obama dealt with the media. Never a word on the real problem - the media! Why is it that we have media supporting one side or another? That's the real issue. They should be neutral and report the news. There is no way to respect the journalism trade these days. We finally get a president who is a non-politician and the masses parrot the media. It's crazy!

I'm out of the country and got a lot of my news from BBC World this week. Talk about slanted. I couldn't stomach it. It's like watching a Hillary fest.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Lots of discussion in this thread about how Trump and Obama dealt with the media. Never a word on the real problem - the media! Why is it that we have media supporting one side or another? That's the real issue. They should be neutral and report the news. There is no way to respect the journalism trade these days. We finally get a president who is a non-politician and the masses parrot the media. It's crazy!

I'm out of the country and got a lot of my news from BBC World this week. Talk about slanted. I couldn't stomach it. It's like watching a Hillary fest.

You could fill a telephone directory with stories about bad media and a notebook about why: Clue: It's related to the '50's.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
FAKE NEWS FOR A FAKE PRESIDENT😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nobody cares about his rhetoric other than MSM and the left. All I care about is he follows through on campaign promises, which he's done a really well job on. It's pretty nice electing a president that does pretty much everything he promised during the campaign trail instead of the complete opposite like we've seen with previous presidents.

"Lock her up" ring any bells?

I sure haven't heard anything about Benghazi lately, either...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join