It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond the Simulation [Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
An investigation into our base reality beyond the Simulation hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

Care to elaborate? Share some of your thoughts or opinions on this video?

Looks like the video might be interesting, but with the lack of substance in this OP you're not giving me much reason to watch.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Looks like the video might be interesting, but with the lack of substance in this OP you're not giving me much reason to watch.

The video looks at the criteria of simulation theory being information and powerful computation then examines where else do we see this in action other than computer technology introducing already existing processes within living systems that are self-evident and exploratory.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreDreaming

The video looks at the criteria of simulation theory being information and powerful computation then examines where else do we see this in action other than computer technology introducing already existing processes within living systems that are self-evident and exploratory.

Thank you! I'll have a look in a bit, I always find this stuff fascinating.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Without looking at the video.
All I can say is that everything is basically a simulation or matrix or whatever you may call it.
Basically you take a lot of Lego pieces (no money was gain for mention) and create a world and give life to it. God (or other)did something similar, He created the universe(s) and every creature in it (Earth or outside), and sit and watch. (Still watching though. The fun part is that we can get out of the Lego world like the movie. No easy instructions for that.)

PD
That the most simple explanation I can give. Going into details is extremely dangerous and it will deviate from the purpose of the post.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I watched your video from beginning to end. I disagree with the whole idea we live in a simulation. The problem with people who believe in simulation is they ignore the analog nature of reality.

Regardless of the delusions created by language being a more powerful representation of reality than it actually is, language is NOT the reality it represents. Language is a map of reality. The map is never the reality it represents. And just like reality always has more detail than what is shown on a paper map, reality always has MORE detail than anything represented in language or abstract simulations.

The other problem with simulation theory of reality is how much computational strength do you need to accurately and completely represent reality perfectly. I would argue you need the computational speed of reality itself to come even close. And even then you would probably need even MORE speed than reality's execution speed to be able to perform enough information movement needed for reality to move at its current speed without any glitches or visual artifacts. The propagational delay of a NAND gate will ALWAYS be a simulation limitation.

In the video it talked about information in the brain as "data". This is simply not true. Analog signals are not data. There's no beginning and no end to what is going on in our minds. Analog signals in the brain are always in flux. There is not discrete moments. There is no clock pulse.

The fundamental idea of simulation theory is materialism in nature. Based on the latest experiments in quantum mechanics we simply do NOT have hard determinism in reality. I don't understand why people who promote the simulation theory insist on ignoring half the evidence that contradicts their delusions. The Universe is just as much analog as it is digital. Wave-particle duality is well known. Consider the following video on the wave like nature of nature:

If you take into account the evidence from the latest experiments in quantum mechanics you MUST accept idealism is a more accurate understanding of reality than materialism. You can always ignore the evidence because it disagrees with your preferred dogma. But regardless, the evidence clearly shows hard determinism which is needed for having a discrete computer simulation like view of the Universe simply does NOT exist in reality.

edit on 13-7-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Here is the problem..

A) it keeps talking about the predictive properties of dreams..

Something there isn’t a spec of evidence for..

B) I didn’t watch the whole video, so I didn’t see this referenced, but most of this stuff is based around the misunderstanding that coinciousness has something to do with quantum mechanics..

It doesn’t..

The whole “consciousness causes the double split experiment through “observation” is based on someone being misquoted.

Counciousness doesn’t effect reality AT ALL except in the normal way.. where humans build stuff lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

It sure is funny “god” didn’t get ANYTHING right In all his ancient texts lol..

Because every testable claim ANY religious texts makes is easily debunked..

Like the “theory” that one man’s family incested humanity into existence after a global flood. Where he created a boat that wasn’t even close to big enough to fit all the animals on..

Lol

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

On a forum your supposed to give a synopsis and your opinion for those who cannot watch the video..

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You are talking clock pulse, NAND gates and delay. Things that aren't an issue when you move to quantum computing, and more importantly, beyond the technological singularity. It's quite obvious if this becomes a possibility, the structure of the computers used will look nothing like what we are used to.

At that point (if it ever happens, and I believe it will if we survive that long), computers will be well beyond human understanding in they way they work and compute.

And there is no need to stimulate an actual reality beyond that which the internal actors believe to be reality. In fact, errors or gaps in the programming could explain paradoxes and gaps in our understanding of modern physics and quantum science.

edit on 13-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Thanks for the insights. This video takes materialism turns it upside down and demonstrates that from a simulation view, we all virtualize information and also think in complex experiential ideas that form dreams. It is very much idealism with a push towards self-actualization and self-awareness during the normal 5-6 unconscious dreams most have to encourage participation in this natural ongoing part of our inner selves.

I have had precognitive dreams spanning 31 years including lucid precognitive dreams and also active lucid precognitive dreams thus base the video on that perspective derived from actual experience.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Here is the problem..

A) it keeps talking about the predictive properties of dreams..

Something there isn’t a spec of evidence for..

Sure there is, actually a lot of evidence if you actually take time to explore it. The best evidence is already inside you but actually requires some work to have breakthroughs in self-exploration through consciousness during sleep. A practice most people simply can't be bothered with.

Lots of articles and evidence on this reddit sub.
www.reddit.com...

B) I didn’t watch the whole video, so I didn’t see this referenced, but most of this stuff is based around the misunderstanding that coinciousness has something to do with quantum mechanics..

It doesn’t..

The whole “consciousness causes the double split experiment through “observation” is based on someone being misquoted.

Counciousness doesn’t effect reality AT ALL except in the normal way.. where humans build stuff lol.

How do you know what consciousness can or cannot affect? Have you ever tried to change reality?

I've altered precognitive dreams numerous times when lucid observing the effect take place here but then I'm doing my homework and actually exploring the potential that resides within this access point we find in specific focus states during sleep.

I even spooked Joe McMoneagle who was a veteran US military remote viewer spanning a 40 decade career. He's the real deal and also has lucid precognitive dreams except he never changed them. I took it a step further to satisfy my curiosity that such change is possible and voila... it was. Success.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It sure is funny “god” didn’t get ANYTHING right In all his ancient texts lol..

Because every testable claim ANY religious texts makes is easily debunked..

Like the “theory” that one man’s family incested humanity into existence after a global flood. Where he created a boat that wasn’t even close to big enough to fit all the animals on..

Lol

Did you get to the part where I said getting into the details is dangerous?
For anything to exist movement or vibration has to be present. Chaos into order, dark into light, above into below, and on and on. Is an endless dance. Is not that GOD did not get anything right, is that in order to function properly, imperfection has to become perfection and back to imperfection, life to death and back.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Oh puhlease. Trying to explain yourself is going to make the universe implode or something? Could you be any more vague or dramatic?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh puhlease. Trying to explain yourself is going to make the universe implode or something? Could you be any more vague or dramatic?

I guess you did not understand what I meant by that. And I do not need to explain myself to anybody. Have a good afternoon.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

I guess you did not understand what I meant by that. And I do not need to explain myself to anybody. Have a good afternoon.

If you want anyone to understand you you do haha.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just noticed a comment from someone who has hit the lucid precognitive dream version of deja reve. I knew I could flush out more than 5 people
This is what it's so satisfying opening up a new idea when you know it's inherent in the human experience but widely ignored and misunderstood.

Hi Ian Great video! know you can add another one making it 6. unfortunately for me I have had had lucid dreams come true. From what I heard you say defined.. I have had cognitive precognitive dreams come true exactly 100% as I dreamed them. One I remember was my grandfathers funeral. Great job!

top topics

join